Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

Just searched the spreadsheet and didn't see this, but apologies if I missed it.  On White Night, are there any other dining venues available (and/or room service)?  I know it's one of the big draws for people, but if I didn't wish to attend I wondered if there were any other options.  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, JMB27 said:

Just searched the spreadsheet and didn't see this, but apologies if I missed it.  On White Night, are there any other dining venues available (and/or room service)?  I know it's one of the big draws for people, but if I didn't wish to attend I wondered if there were any other options.  Thanks.

Yes all venues open, but they usually reduce to one specialty restaurant rather than the two. We've done so many White Nights, whilst we still dress in white we eat in a much quieter Discoveries and then join the dancing and festivities following dinner.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, aussie travel bird said:

Yes all venues open, but they usually reduce to one specialty restaurant rather than the two. We've done so many White Nights, whilst we still dress in white we eat in a much quieter Discoveries and then join the dancing and festivities following dinner.

Thank you so much; great information!  Joining the festivities after sounds like a great idea to me.

Edited by JMB27

On 10/24/2019 at 3:53 AM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

On another thread mr_bad_example asked about the wine packages. There are 2  packages, Wine Lover which includes bottles of up tot $50 (e.g.5 bottles $180 - 12 bottles for $250) & Wine Connoisseur which includes bottles from $51-$75 (e.g 5 bottles for $315 - $12 bottles  for $630). He wanted to know if you could just pay the difference of you wanted to buy a more expensive bottle of wine. The answer given by Bonnie was that only bottles within the stated price range are covered by the package. If you want a more expensive bottle you have to pay the full price.

I will add this to the spreadsheet. Here’s the link to the spreadsheet again https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE

If anyone can’t access this, let me know and I’ll post a link to the PDF version.

If purchasing the wine packages, is there any additional gratuity added?

I believe earlier in the thread, it was mentioned that you can bring on wine. Is this still the case and is the corkage fee charged only if consumed in public areas? Still $10 a bottle?

54 minutes ago, jdvmd said:

If purchasing the wine packages, is there any additional gratuity added?

I believe earlier in the thread, it was mentioned that you can bring on wine. Is this still the case and is the corkage fee charged only if consumed in public areas? Still $10 a bottle?

Really not sure about gratuities on the wine package, I don’t think so, but am not certain. I know we bought the Essentials Experience More package ahead of our cruise and we didn’t pay anything on top of the basic price.

The corkage fee on alcohol bought onboard is still $10 a bottle as far as I know and it only applies if you want to drink your wine in a public room. You can drink as much as you like in your cabin with no charge.

7 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Really not sure about gratuities on the wine package, I don’t think so, but am not certain. I know we bought the Essentials Experience More package ahead of our cruise and we didn’t pay anything on top of the basic price.

The corkage fee on alcohol bought onboard is still $10 a bottle as far as I know and it only applies if you want to drink your wine in a public room. You can drink as much as you like in your cabin with no charge.

Excellent! Thanks!

On 8/22/2018 at 7:28 AM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

The sun-deck, Deck 11, is a lovely place to sunbathe in hot weather when the ship is at sea. You get a really nice breeze up there. Waiters still come up there to fetch you drinks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

could you answer one question: is there decent seating around the pool for those who are mobility challenged. By this I mean anywhere to sit other than the very low lounges that are hard for some to get in and out of? Thanks so much. 

3 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

could you answer one question: is there decent seating around the pool for those who are mobility challenged. By this I mean anywhere to sit other than the very low lounges that are hard for some to get in and out of? Thanks so much. 

No, there's not, there's the usual sunbeds, low couches and tables and chairs (for eating pool side) . But I know for sure if you spoke to the Hotel Director or the Guest Relations Manager and altered them to your needs they would do the very best to accommodate them.  They don't know if your don't ask.

3 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

There are tables and chairs pool side at the Pool Bar and at The Patio that are not low and easy to get in and out of.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PirateWife said:

There are tables and chairs pool side at the Pool Bar and at The Patio that are not low and easy to get in and out of.

Thanks, that is just the information we need. As long as there is somewhere to enjoy a drink and a little sun we are happy. We do not expect to spend hours each day poolside but we do like an hour or so. Our last cruise we didn't spend more than an hour the entire cruise enjoying the sun; no where for us, especially hubby to sit: others were complaining as well.  The interesting thing was, they did have a nice place just away from the sun, with nice chairs for smokers. Go figure!!!

Used these when I had hip surgery... might work on the loungers if they have feet not runners...  definitely something to ask AZ about...  These are lightweight and would pack easily.  if link doesn’t work or isn’t allowed ...  try googling chair extenders...

https://www.amazon.ca/Slipstick-CB652-Storage-Furniture-Supports/dp/B004X1R0I2/ref=sr_1_11?crid=39A7U351ELAIJ&keywords=chair+extender&qid=1572807067&sprefix=chair+exrender%2Caps%2C366&sr=8-11

Another laundry question.  We are first time AZ cruisers on the Pursuit from Miami to Lisbon in April (13 days). We are in a CC Suite which has a perk of one bag of laundry per cabin per 7 days. We are also Discoverer Plus through reciprocity with Celebrity which includes one bag of laundry per cabin per 7 days.  We will be buying the Ultimate Experience  which includes two bags of laundry during the voyage. After searching this topic, it appears that the LVC laundry perk disappears but do we get three bags of laundry (2 from the Ultimate Experience and one from the suite perk?)

Just in case anyone can’t find the links to the spreadsheet, here are the two links. This is the direct one https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE

Here’s the link to the PDF version https://www.dropbox.com/s/lndojfzf72nm0b3/Tips for Azamara Newbies.pdf?dl=0

1 hour ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Good question - logic would say that you would get 3 bags, but I can’t say for certain that you would. I hope Bonnie may be able to give you a definitive answer.

Sadly, this is not the case. In the terms and conditions, the following applies:

Le Club Voyage members who stay in Suite Staterooms will receive their Suite amenities, and not their Le Club Voyage benefits for complimentary internet. 

Laundry: This benefit will be available to Explorer members and above. Those eligible will receive one bag of laundry per stateroom, per 7-night voyage. Le Club Voyage members who stay in Suite Staterooms will receive their Suite amenities, and not their Le Club Voyage benefits for laundry service.

I have to say that this does not seem very fair at all. Although in many cases, the suite benefits for laundry and internet are greater than the benefits from Le Club Voyage membership tiers, I would have thought that the suite benefits and the Le Club Voyage benefits would be combined, but this is not the case. It means that Suite passengers get very little benefit from being Le Club Voyage members, since the Suite amenities override any benefits earned from Le Club Voyage.

https://www.azamara.com/en-au/le-club-voyage/terms-conditions

11 minutes ago, tanzania2015 said:

That is what Was stated in posted in post 718. The question is does the one bag of laundry per cabin for the suite amenity add the the two bags of laundry that you get with the Ultimate Experience More package. 

Ah, sorry, I didn't read the question properly.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at our first Azamara journey and we are interested in Italy. The Stay Local In Rome Longer at the end of the cruise would be a nice extension, but the description on the website seems to be broken. The description actually is for a cruise extension to Rio de Janeiro. 

I'd like to make someone at Azamara award of the problem, any suggestions who to contact?

• Like 1