Check in time question

Giantfan13

We are sailing on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore , Oct 28 2018. I just did our on line check in and, since it's been a while since we cruised Carnival, I didn't know anything about this time to check in thing.

The Pride doesn't dock till 10AM. We received a check in time of 1PM. Does this mean that I am unable to check in earlier, if we are there earlier?

We are driving down from NY and we were looking to arrive about 11AM and hoping to check in as soon as they let people check in. Do they let people park right away or do you have to wait until many of the disembarking passengers leave?

Now I don't know if the 1PM check in time is one of the first or other times have been filled. Anyone done this cruise and know when the first check in time is?

One other thing, I am slightly handicapped in that I walk with a cane. I prefer NOT to have to use a wheelchair. Would that mean anything when we check in?. On some other cruise lines, they have a separate line for handicapped people. Is this so with Carnival?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Len

I know you prefer NOT to use a wheelchair, but the gangway onto the pride is a series of scissors back and forth and ppl can be inpatient and RUDE.

I’d suggest requesting wheelchair so you aren’t worn out getting into the ship, nor pushed out of the way be fellow guests.

I am sailing on the Pride in September. I booked the cruise a few weeks ago and the only check-in time available was 2:30 pm. Every few days I clicked on my information and finally I was able to edit my check-in time to 12:30 yesterday. Keep checking and an earlier time might pop up. If you can snag the Faster to the Fun excursion, you can get there earlier than your check-in time and also have access to your cabin as soon as you board.

We are sailing on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore , Oct 28 2018. I just did our on line check in and, since it's been a while since we cruised Carnival, I didn't know anything about this time to check in thing.

The Pride doesn't dock till 10AM. We received a check in time of 1PM. Does this mean that I am unable to check in earlier, if we are there earlier?

We are driving down from NY and we were looking to arrive about 11AM and hoping to check in as soon as they let people check in. Do they let people park right away or do you have to wait until many of the disembarking passengers leave?

Now I don't know if the 1PM check in time is one of the first or other times have been filled. Anyone done this cruise and know when the first check in time is?

One other thing, I am slightly handicapped in that I walk with a cane. I prefer NOT to have to use a wheelchair. Would that mean anything when we check in?. On some other cruise lines, they have a separate line for handicapped people. Is this so with Carnival?

Cheers

Len

1pm means 1pm.

See comments in red

The Pride doesn't dock till 10AM. (The Pride needs about 2.5-3 hours to clear out the previous passengers after arrival.) We received a check in time of 1PM. Does this mean that I am unable to check in earlier, if we are there earlier? (Yes you will not be able to enter the terminal prior to your arrival appointment time.)

We are driving down from NY and we were looking to arrive about 11AM and hoping to check in as soon as they let people check in. (Even priority check-in does not begin until 2 hours after the ship's arrival back at port. The port's operational time is fluid based on the ship's arrival.) Do they let people park right away or do you have to wait until many of the disembarking passengers leave? (The port authority personnel will not let cars into the parking lot until about 3/4ths of the previous cruiser's cars have left the parking lot. There is only 1 entrance and 1 egress that criss-cross each other to the parking lot. Also to note Baltimore City police will be directing traffic outside of the port and even arriving later you may find yourself slowly circling around on the access road before being allowed to line up for entry to the port.)

Now I don't know if the 1PM check in time is one of the first or other times have been filled. Anyone done this cruise and know when the first check in time is? (Our last cruise on the Pride was for the NYE's cruise this year. The ship returned to port at 9am, and the earliest arrival appointment was noon-12:30pm. SO with the ship arriving an hour later it is a good chance that 1pm is the earliest time for check-in for your cruise.)

One other thing, I am slightly handicapped in that I walk with a cane. I prefer NOT to have to use a wheelchair. Would that mean anything when we check in?. (In part yes. Baltimore is pretty good with having those with mobility impairments take as few steps as possible by having you use the priority line. BUT it does not get you priority processing, just few physical strides to the general check-in counter. This will get you faster to a seat after processing in that you are spending less time standing but for general boarding the wait in the seats is the same amount of time regardless of infirmary.) On some other cruise lines, they have a separate line for handicapped people. Is this so with Carnival? (Once your row is dismissed from terminal, and you walk through towards the ship, to the left will be the gangway, but you can ask the guard if you can use the handicap entry. That is through the double doors slightly to the right. It leads out to the Deck A crew entrance, and depending on the tides it can be a short ramp or one that's about 10-15 feet long. From there you zig-zag a corridor to the single forward elevator.)

Cheers

Len

One of the nice things with the Port of Baltimore having the later check-in and boarding times, is that once general boarding takes place is the cabins tend to be ready (pretty much the same time as on other earlier arriving ships about 1:30pm).

I know you prefer NOT to use a wheelchair, but the gangway onto the pride is a series of scissors back and forth and ppl can be inpatient and RUDE.

I’d suggest requesting wheelchair so you aren’t worn out getting into the ship, nor pushed out of the way be fellow guests.

Too funny. It sounds like you just said Carnival passengers pushy and rude. I never had that problem with my wife, but than again, I'm not on Carnival, so I can't speak about Carnival passengers.

Too funny. It sounds like you just said Carnival passengers pushy and rude. I never had that problem with my wife, but than again, I'm not on Carnival, so I can't speak about Carnival passengers.

You can find pushy and rude people everywhere. Everywhere.