How Sweet Will The Suite Life Be On The Edge?

vtcruising

Same here for following week...

We're on the Dec. 6th 3 night preview cruise which, except for a few lucky early bookings, has no perks for anyone. I'm assuming The Retreat will be operating as does Michael's Club with an open bar.

Not having anything to do with the Edge and I put this on the regular Celebrity Board. Anyone interesting can watch Mighty Cruise Ships at 4:00A.M ET on Thursday for the repeat of the show on the Solstice in Australia. Good program.

Dh spotted it..It was really interesting. Covered many areas .

I hope they do one about EDGE

We're on the Dec. 6th 3 night preview cruise which, except for a few lucky early bookings, has no perks for anyone. I'm assuming The Retreat will be operating as does Michael's Club with an open bar.

I am also assuming that the Retreat Lounge will have complimentary drinks on our 3 night Preview and may be busy because many will not have the beverage packages. :D

I am hoping there won't be any restrictions to taking drinks out of the Retreat Lounge. We have never had an issue taking drinks out of Michael's (nice to take a nice glass of wine or cocktail to dinner or the theater or a nightcap to the balcony), but some have reported that it was frowned upon on some ships (they sometimes gave us a cheaper wine glass, if taking wine out).

They still may have another flash sale before our cruise where one could save some bucks on a package.

Not having anything to do with the Edge and I put this on the regular Celebrity Board. Anyone interesting can watch Mighty Cruise Ships at 4:00A.M ET on Thursday for the repeat of the show on the Solstice in Australia. Good program.

Thanks! I will record it. :D

Dh spotted it..It was really interesting. Covered many areas .

I hope they do one about EDGE

I’m hoping they do for the Edge what they did for one of the Voyager ships. They did a two hour show, first hour was construction of the ship, second was Maiden voyage.

Wow! When did CS start getting bar set ups? Must be new. 😃

My last cruise was in March on Solstice and we sailed in a Celebrity Suite (CS). As nice as it was, we did not get a bar set up. We really did not need one since we had Go Best. I still think the CS is the poor sister of the so-called premium suites. The RS and PH suites do get bar set ups.

My last cruise was in March on Solstice and we sailed in a Celebrity Suite (CS). As nice as it was, we did not get a bar set up. We really did not need one since we had Go Best. I still think the CS is the poor sister of the so-called premium suites. The RS and PH suites do get bar set ups.

I consider it the value sister of the premium suites. It includes enough room to feel pampered just walking in to your suite, and as much onboard pampering as I could conceivably want.

Oops, my mistake, I meant to write Royal Suites and above (including Signature suites on Reflection) get the bar set up.

I agree that the Celebrity suites are the poor sisters, but with the prices they are charging for them on the Edge perhaps they will get the bar set up too. 😉

We just sailed on Solstice in a RS. We had my mom with us, so the extra space and the additional bathroom were nice. Usually we’re in a CS, and have one booked on the Edge next summer. I thought the bar set up would be a big addition, but to be honest, we didn’t really need it because of the premium drink package. It’s definitely not a deal breaker for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I consider it the value sister of the premium suites. It includes enough room to feel pampered just walking in to your suite, and as much onboard pampering as I could conceivably want.

OK Jazz good point. But the true value in suites are the sky suites particularly the S1's with larger balconies. I really like the CS's on M-Class ships- they are huge! I will soon see what a CS on Edge class has to offer in Jan.

With such limited seating on the sun deck, I will be interested in how they control access. If only one key card is necessary (like on Royal Caribbean), anyone could make it available to their friends and family not in a suite. I’d like to see a reception desk where you check in with a scanned sea pass card and are handed towels, etc. After a while they would recognize the suite guests.

With such limited seating on the sun deck, I will be interested in how they control access. If only one key card is necessary (like on Royal Caribbean), anyone could make it available to their friends and family not in a suite. I’d like to see a reception desk where you check in with a scanned sea pass card and are handed towels, etc. After a while they would recognize the suite guests.

Maybe there is some control with the facial recognition technology that they are installing???

Same issue for the Retreat Lounge. I would like to believe an honor system applies to most passengers. For the very few less honorable suite passengers handing out their cards, they risk losing their privileges if caught. Currently on most ships Michael's Club does not have a card reader and is left open most times. In fact it has to be because it is a muster station on some ships. If there is ever an issue with non-suite passengers using it I think it is rare. I have never seen it. On the other hand on RCCL the Suite Lounge requires key card access.

My impression is most of the people working the suite facilities are pretty good at remembering their passengers. On our last cruise, on the last night, a family came in to Luminea and were told this was for suite passengers only. Turns out they were in a suite but had eaten in other places the entire week. Maybe they were in an upper suite where they had dining facilities and chose that or they could have spent the week in specialty dining. But the people at the door immediately knew they were strangers.

Michael's Club was a different situation. As it was a retrofit, it was not suited for checking access. Plus, not as many people were interested in using it so folks sneaking in would not have been as big a potential problem as Luminea, which had a desk at the door. With The Retreat being in it's own part of the ship, I can see having to swipe a card or use a phone app to get in.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, this raises some questions. The list shows a premium beverage package for all suites only on the EDGE. I realize "X" is not offering the "Go Best" package on the three night preview cruises so I expected no beverage package but complimentary drinks in The Retreat. Now, if the suite comes with a beverage package as part of the amenities, does this mean we will have the beverage package on the three night?

Well, this raises some questions. The list shows a premium beverage package for all suites only on the EDGE. I realize "X" is not offering the "Go Best" package on the three night preview cruises so I expected no beverage package but complimentary drinks in The Retreat. Now, if the suite comes with a beverage package as part of the amenities, does this mean we will have the beverage package on the three night?

Good question. I would assume there is an asterisk somewhere that excludes some cruises. Also, this document is very new (9/11/18) so they could say that the policy wasn't in effect when we booked. It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask. You could always bring the document onboard and show it to the Retreat concierge and see what they think. :D

I think it depends what promos are running at the time of booking. Our January-made Sky Suite reservation for the 12/6 preview cruise came with Go Best.

I think it depends what promos are running at the time of booking. Our January-made Sky Suite reservation for the 12/6 preview cruise came with Go Best.

I luckily received Go Best as well, since I booked the first day. I suspect that they will stick to it for those who booked later, but the difference is that the suite amenities have now changed (unless it is a typo), it's not a promo change - maybe that will make a difference?. It wouldn't hurt to ask. :D