How Sweet Will The Suite Life Be On The Edge?

vtcruising

On 11/28/2018 at 8:51 AM, TeeRick said:

So the S1's don't even have the reclining chairs with the separate foot stool like on other ships?  No way to put your feet up unless you improvise something?  Do I have that correct?  

Guess we won' t have them in AQ class  either, nor the very functional table!

22 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I was never expecting a lounger on my aft S1suite, but I was expecting the same type of furniture depicted in all of the renderings of them that have not changed since they were first revealed. What is actually on the verandahs “are a bit of bait and switch”. You are correct, the Sky Suites on the S-Class ships do not have loungers, but they have regular outdoor furniture including a table that can actually be used to have a meal served on.

I'll agree with you on the table situation. It's a ridiculous set-up for trying to have room service in the cabin. At least having a small coffee table in the room like S-class would've helped. This seems like a case of form over function unfortunately.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I was never expecting a lounger on my aft S1suite, but I was expecting the same type of furniture depicted in all of the renderings of them that have not changed since they were first revealed. What is actually on the verandahs “are a bit of bait and switch”. You are correct, the Sky Suites on the S-Class ships do not have loungers, but they have regular outdoor furniture including a table that can actually be used to have a meal served on.

I concur, that it was a  total bait and switch. I expected the balcony chairs and table there were advertised and even seen in the mock up video from the Florida reveal. In my opinion X got cheap at the last minute with regards to the balcony furniture on the SS. I am disappointed and will defiantly let X know with my post cruise comments. 

3 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Yes. Different style of chair was promoted. We had those discussions about that chair swap when we saw the photos coming in from the transatlantic crossing. People aren't complaining about that chair change anymore (which would be a reasonable complaint), they are complaining about loungers which were not promoted.

I think there are and will be people in SS cabins unhappy with the furniture.  I could care less about the loungers, we do however like breakfast on the veranda and that will not be happening.

We are very used to The Haven "ship within a ship" concept that was kicked off by Norwegian and we've been in every level of cabin to include the forward-facing Deluxe Owners Suites so our upcoming Edge cruise in April 2019 in a suite is going to enable us to compare the two products somewhat.

Thanks for this thread which I found informative.

1 minute ago, Oville said:

I think there are and will be people in SS cabins unhappy with the furniture.  I could care less about the loungers, we do however like breakfast on the veranda and that will not be happening.

Same. Luckily it's a new ship and there are lots of places for breakfast Le Grand Bistro, Oceanview, Luminae, etc. We can go without a room service breakfast this time around. We're sailing in January on another ship in a bigger suite so we can enjoy room service breakfast then.

1 minute ago, WonderMan3 said:

Same. Luckily it's a new ship and there are lots of places for breakfast Le Grand Bistro, Oceanview, Luminae, etc. We can go without a room service breakfast this time around. We're sailing in January on another ship in a bigger suite so we can enjoy room service breakfast then.

Might pack a lap tray and use that and the table tray.

I’m in a Royal and the rendering shows angled loungers - knew this was incredibly unlikely, or cramped if it happened, based on the actual balcony dimensions. But nobody asked me... There are cushy chairs which I am happy about but a much-too-large-for-the-space table between them. Hope it doesn’t fall overboard one night. Kidding. Really.

32 minutes ago, DachshundsRule said:

I’m in a Royal and the rendering shows angled loungers - knew this was incredibly unlikely, or cramped if it happened, based on the actual balcony dimensions. But nobody asked me... There are cushy chairs which I am happy about but a much-too-large-for-the-space table between them. Hope it doesn’t fall overboard one night. Kidding. Really.

How does the RS internal space compare to an S class RS? Would appreciate comments on the PH too.

Solstice Royal Suite = 590 square feet interior, 158 square foot balcony

Edge Royal Suite = 687 square feet interior, 72 square foot balcony

I think people were initially very surprised when the deck plan info came out and saw how much smaller the balcony was. I gather they have hot tubs on the S-Class. We booked it because we have a family gathering and wanted the interior space. Board on Wednesday. Doubt I would book it for any other reason. 

Don’t know about Penthouses.

13 minutes ago, DachshundsRule said:

Solstice Royal Suite = 590 square feet interior, 158 square foot balcony

Edge Royal Suite = 687 square feet interior, 72 square foot balcony

I think people were initially very surprised when the deck plan info came out and saw how much smaller the balcony was. I gather they have hot tubs on the S-Class. We booked it because we have a family gathering and wanted the interior space. Board on Wednesday. Doubt I would book it for any other reason. 

Don’t know about Penthouses.

Thanks so much for taking the time out to reply. How many guests could you comfortably seat at the RS table? How suitable would the suite be to have a 3rd guest?

I’m not in it yet but based on the photos, I think only 4 at the table... maybe another 2 could fit at the ends if they brought extra dining chairs. For sitting around socializing in LR I think 8... maybe 10 if you had sub-groups.

The sofa is a pull-out and there is a half bath, plus access to the master bath without having to go thru the bedroom. So yes, you could have a third guest.

1 minute ago, DachshundsRule said:

I’m not in it yet but based on the photos, I think only 4 at the table... maybe another 2 could fit at the ends if they brought extra dining chairs. For sitting around socializing in LR I think 8... maybe 10 if you had sub-groups.

The sofa is a pull-out and there is a half bath, plus access to the master bath without having to go thru the bedroom. So yes, you could have a third guest.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Are any of the people expressing disappointment here going to be in a Celebrity Suite or higher on Edge? I know there was one person in a CS on here posting somewhere. If not then I'm not sure why people would be getting upset. Loungers don't come with Sky Suites on S-class ships either save for when someone asks their butler or room attendant to bend the rules and bring them one. (I can't speak to M class well as I've only been on one ship)  Edge was not promoted to have loungers in Sky Suites so people should not have been expecting any. For the other suites, it looks like they all had either daybeds or loungers in CS and on up, so if they are not present then that would be a bit of bait and switch. People can't complain about something not being there if it was never offered in the first place.

1 hour ago, Oville said:

Given the size of the Balcony on the SS, can we at least agree that it would have made more sense and better having a bigger table and chairs that had a high back (or cushion) that you could lean back on and enjoy your private balcony. There are some chairs that also have recliner capability. We had them on Harmony. I found these screen shots below of a SS on Reflection.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, DachshundsRule said:

I saw the oversized table. Can use it as a foot rest:classic_biggrin: 

How do you like the bathroom and the rest of the RS. I saw it has a larger fridge which is nice. We loved everything about Soltice class RS except the balcony tub was IMO useless and the one big lounger. Always should have been 2 loungers for 2 people. 

2 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Given the size of the Balcony on the SS, can we at least agree that it would have made more sense and better having a bigger table and chairs that had a high back (or cushion) that you could lean back on and enjoy your private balcony. There are some chairs that also have recliner capability. We had them on Harmony. I found these screen shots below of a SS on Reflection.

image.jpeg

Thanks for finding this!

This is the set up on the verandahs of the Sky suites on the S-class that I was referring to earlier.

I just don’t understand why X would provide an inferior substitution on the Edge.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Thanks for finding this!

This is the set up on the verandahs of the Sky suites on the S-class that I was referring to earlier.

I just don’t understand why X would provide an inferior substitution on the Edge.

I totally agree with you. Typically when a new class of ship comes out, or the next ship in a series, you make some improvements and step it up. For example, the balcony furniture of the JS on Oasis and Allure did not have a high back or recliner (some JS on the humps got recliners). That was fixed when Harmony came. Now with Edge, they definitely stepped it up in many places and very impressively. The ship is beautiful. Since I have never sailed on Celebruty before (this will be our first), I may not be an authority to speak of their ships. However, I've been on quite a few RCI cruises that I can perhaps add a reasonable opinion to the discussion. 

3 hours ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

I saw the oversized table. Can use it as a foot rest:classic_biggrin: 

How do you like the bathroom and the rest of the RS. I saw it has a larger fridge which is nice. We loved everything about Soltice class RS except the balcony tub was IMO useless and the one big lounger. Always should have been 2 loungers for 2 people. 

Hi, I don’t actually board until later this week. Not quite in it yet, just meant booked in it. Happy to answer more questions once we’re there.

5 hours ago, Oville said:

, I will be in a CC next week, and I am  already missing the high back and adjustable recline of the chairs on the S class and the footstools!  Footstools were an added plus for booking CC, sometimes it even justified a few extra dollars in the cruise fare cost. It was almost like having a lounger. Personally it feels like X took away now.

Edited by ecslady

37 minutes ago, hcat said:

Yup..my thoughts exactly!

We will try the other breakfast options 

Hope X will re think the Veranda set up or add a coffee table

I think you need to experience the IV and then make a judgement.  The one drawback for us is no breakfast on the veranda and maybe we do that once or twice a cruise if at all.  We did like the IV very much it’s just not as spacious as M and S class verandas.

Katie

Edited by Oville

7 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Are any of the people expressing disappointment here going to be in a Celebrity Suite or higher on Edge? I know there was one person in a CS on here posting somewhere. If not then I'm not sure why people would be getting upset. Loungers don't come with Sky Suites on S-class ships either save for when someone asks their butler or room attendant to bend the rules and bring them one. (I can't speak to M class well as I've only been on one ship)  Edge was not promoted to have loungers in Sky Suites so people should not have been expecting any. For the other suites, it looks like they all had either daybeds or loungers in CS and on up, so if they are not present then that would be a bit of bait and switch. People can't complain about something not being there if it was never offered in the first place.

We had a lounger in our corner aft Sky 1 Suite on two of our S-class cruises.  BTW, the lounger was already present on the balcony when we arrived.