How Sweet Will The Suite Life Be On The Edge?

vtcruising

4 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I am looking forward to seeing all the suites on the TA; believe it or not, we have three cabin crawls due to all the interest and time to see everything!  Looks interesting, but a touch "cold" in some areas of each...

It's funny, but I felt happiest in the EV. I loved the wading pool and the colors (pretty green tiles) - it was very light with smaller rooms and nice views, but more homelike to me than the cavernous IC.

Thanks so much for all those suite photos.  I wonder why Celebrity hasn't been able to take pictures like that fo their website??? [Oh yeah, the intrepid Celebrity IT department!!!]  Anyway, none of them is as nice as the table we had in the CS on Connie.  Notice how all the edges are beveled?  The new furniture is all sharp edges that will cut or bruise at the slightest sea-bump.  [This is what you get when you hire designers who have "never sailed on a cruise ship" – not something to be proud about, IMHO!!!]

CC_CelebritySuiteVeranda.jpg

13 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Thanks so much for all those suite photos.  I wonder why Celebrity hasn't been able to take pictures like that fo their website??? [Oh yeah, the intrepid Celebrity IT department!!!]  Anyway, none of them is as nice as the table we had in the CS on Connie.  Notice how all the edges are beveled?  The new furniture is all sharp edges that will cut or bruise at the slightest sea-bump.  [This is what you get when you hire designers who have "never sailed on a cruise ship" – not something to be proud about, IMHO!!!]

CC_CelebritySuiteVeranda.jpg

We had a CS on the Connie as well. Loved that suite, especially the little walk-in closet/vanity room - that was my little space. The added on balconies are narrow, but still nice. I wonder how those suites will be after the Revolution.

1 hour ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

Love all the real wood veneer walls in the Connie CS. It’s so warm and inviting. We had a SS on the Millenium that also had those beautiful wood walls. I remember walking in the cabin and being wowed. 

Unfortunately the wood is showing lots of wear and tear on the M-class suites, so a major refurb was needed.  But I suspect what is going to happen is a change to the new 'in' pale colors and those sharp edges.  Azamara did a much better job of updating their ships to combine the best of old and new.

Jazz,

It is really hard to beat the CS on M-Class.  What a great space!  Hopefully on refurbishment they won't change it too much.  If they could add a slightly wider balcony and redesign the tub area in the bathroom. I would be very happy.  It would be my favorite suite on Celebrity ships!

On 12/12/2018 at 2:16 PM, vtcruising said:

It made a great pillow holder for all those pillows!

It is a comfortable chair but gets in the way some, I found more in the midship S1 than the aft S1 (probably because of bed running lengthwise in room).

My DH thought it made a great lounger!DDD271C7-4D95-4D34-A40B-1AB6464E41B8.thumb.jpeg.6e9712267999a902d35e090cd2a7daf3.jpeg

We were there told yesterday by the one of the staff that they can’t remove any more rocking chairs from the suites because the storage room is full. There is actually more room in the S1's on the aft for the rockers. We have ours tucked into the corner between the chest of drawers and the window beside the slider.

Edited by C-Dragons

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

We were there told yesterday by the one of the staff that they can’t remove any more rocking chairs from the suites because the storage room is full. There is actually more room in the S1's on the aft for the rockers. We have ours tucked into the corner between the chest of drawers and the window beside the slider.

Yes that is what I was saying since we stayed in both the midship and aft S1’s- it seemed to be more of an issue with the midship S1s because the bed is lengthwise facing the ocean so less room for the rocker.

I can’t believe they have a storeroom full of them. OMG! I didn’t think it was that big of a deal - we worked around ours. 😀

12 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Jazz,

It is really hard to beat the CS on M-Class.  What a great space!  Hopefully on refurbishment they won't change it too much.  If they could add a slightly wider balcony and redesign the tub area in the bathroom. I would be very happy.  It would be my favorite suite on Celebrity ships!

Yes both those things would make the M-class CS cabins nicer, but I doubt that either is going to happen.  They added the balconies at some point after the ships were built [notice in the picture I posted above that there is no balcony], so I doubt that the structure of the ship can support more.  The bath tub is a real safety hazard, so maybe they would consider turning some of them into large rain showers [with doors, please :classic_wink:] – Azamara ripped out the tubs in 1/2 of their CC suites so you get a choice.

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Yes both those things would make the M-class CS cabins nicer, but I doubt that either is going to happen.  They added the balconies at some point after the ships were built [notice in the picture I posted above that there is no balcony], so I doubt that the structure of the ship can support more.  The bath tub is a real safety hazard, so maybe they would consider turning some of them into large rain showers [with doors, please :classic_wink:] – Azamara ripped out the tubs in 1/2 of their CC suites so you get a choice.

Since they said they are replacing whole cabin modules on M-Class then I guess anything is possible.

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Since they said they are replacing whole cabin modules on M-Class then I guess anything is possible.

Thanks for reminding me.  I thought I had heard that about the process, but all the posts recently have focused on public spaces.  So yes, anything is possible and we can hope!

22 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Yes that is what I was saying since we stayed in both the midship and aft S1’s- it seemed to be more of an issue with the midship S1s because the bed is lengthwise facing the ocean so less room for the rocker.

I can’t believe they have a storeroom full of them. OMG! I didn’t think it was that big of a deal - we worked around ours. 😀

Wow...why not put them out around the ship ( in safe indoor areas)...I'd love to sit and read in one of them...or pass the time of day!

49 minutes ago, hcat said:

Wow...why not put them out around the ship ( in safe indoor areas)...I'd love to sit and read in one of them...or pass the time of day!

And I was wondering if we could get an additional one for our suite?

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Those rockers would be nice in the lovely nooks onboard.  🙂

I hope they don't take the rocker away from the sky suites though, as it helps the suite feel like a suite. That rocker is the only thing that is different in the living area furnishings from the standard cabins.  Otherwise they have the same bed, dresser, sliding vanity, couch, tom tom, pillows, bedspreads.  If people complain that they are in the way,  the easiest thing to do would be to reupholster them and refinish the wood so that they are weather resistant and then put them on the balconies.

How heavy are the rockers?  I would love to get mine out onto the veranda, especially if a plea for a foot rest goes unanswered.  (Do you suppose it would be terribly inconsiderate of me to ask my cabin attendant to help?)  When I returned to Celebrity last year after many years on another line, I booked a concierge to make sure I got one.  Never dawned on me that I would not get one in an Edge S2.  

4 minutes ago, msteries said:

How heavy are the rockers?  I would love to get mine out onto the veranda, especially if a plea for a foot rest goes unanswered.  (Do you suppose it would be terribly inconsiderate of me to ask my cabin attendant to help?)  When I returned to Celebrity last year after many years on another line, I booked a concierge to make sure I got one.  Never dawned on me that I would not get one in an Edge S2.  

I could be wrong but I do not think foot rests are available to S1, 2 and 3 cabins, but it never hurts to ask.  Some have taken the Tom-Tom style table out but it might be higher than the lip of the chair.  Good luck and happy sailing.

21 minutes ago, msteries said:

My DH said he dragged it out because it is heavy. The square vanity seat in the bathroom would make a nice footrest. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

VT:  You were in 10147, which is an S1.  When I study the deck plans, I can't figure out why 10191 to 10205 cost less (as S2s):  they are 'on the hump' so have better views off their balcony, and they really aren't that far from mid-ship [and slightly aft is always smoother].  To me, they look like the best-value suites on Edge.  What's your take on that?

22 hours ago, msteries said:

I easily took my rocker out on my own. However, every time I did, my steward brought it back in next time he was in the room. 

• Haha 1