Last minute special. Needs ?

I have a problem, I just found out today that I have chronic rhinosinusitis and my ent doctor prescribed a combination saline and medication to be added to distilled water and used with a saline bottle....I just called special needs and they said it may be too late to get the distilled water in my stateroom (I am cruising on the 29th). Has anybody requested anything with special needs just a few days before the cruise and was granted the item you asked for?

I realize I cannot carry a gallon of distilled water on board, should I not be able to get this water I cannot use the medication and I so need it. Do you feel if it is not in my stateroom that if I go to guest services they be able to provide it to me or is it something that must be ordered in advance?

I have a problem, I just found out today that I have chronic rhinosinusitis and my ent doctor prescribed a combination saline and medication to be added to distilled water and used with a saline bottle....I just called special needs and they said it may be too late to get the distilled water in my stateroom (I am cruising on the 29th). Has anybody requested anything with special needs just a few days before the cruise and was granted the item you asked for?

I realize I cannot carry a gallon of distilled water on board, should I not be able to get this water I cannot use the medication and I so need it. Do you feel if it is not in my stateroom that if I go to guest services they be able to provide it to me or is it something that must be ordered in advance?

You can carry on a gallon of distilled water, especially if you have a prescription saying you need it.

I am flying so bringing a gallon of distilled water won't work, and I really truly don't want to go to a store to get one and carry on the ship. I thank you all for your answers and help, I will ask the cabin steward if it is not in the cabin. :D

They usually have distilled water on board because of CPAP users. There is always a chance that they might run out.

Question to consider as a backup contingency is whether bottled water would suffice if distilled water is not available. A question worth asking your doctor just in case.

My TA just found out Monday when I asked her if she requested distilled water and a cord for me for this weekend. She found out there is a new form that you have to fill out 72 hours before your sailing. Good thing we called soon enough. This form covers everything from scooters to C-Paps. It is really nice that they let people know about the new changes.

My TA just found out Monday when I asked her if she requested distilled water and a cord for me for this weekend. She found out there is a new form that you have to fill out 72 hours before your sailing. Good thing we called soon enough. This form covers everything from scooters to C-Paps. It is really nice that they let people know about the new changes.

Interesting! They must have added this after June. I know we will forget to fill this out for our Feb cruise. Curious what will happen :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can start here I hope: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

The form that my TA filled out is only good for that sailing or B2B sailings. The printed form has all of your information on it, name reservation number room number, there are 4 pages to this document.

Just as an FYI - that is not a new form or procedure. We have filled those out for years when we've booked Accessible Cabins.

Just as an FYI - that is not a new form or procedure. We have filled those out for years when we've booked Accessible Cabins.

I have never booked a handicapped room before so I don't know anything about it. I was once put in a handicap room before which was nice because I do have handicaps but not enough yet to request one.

If you have a doctors note you can even fly with the distilled water. Call TSA also. They will usually place you in special line and will reserve the right to open that distilled water if cannot be sure of source but that should not be a problem. If notified ahead TSA is great but if they send you an email confirmation, carry a copy with you. Likely the ship will be able to provide this but I would not count on at this late date. I travel with Saline IVs and all the supplies needed to go with it and found TSA the easiest people I had to deal with by far after calling them ahead. They put me in a special line, searched all my medical luggage and my wait was even shorter than if I had gone through the regular line. I had documentation on all medically necessary fluids and special equipment with me.