Lido Deck Cabin?

smarks

Hi everybody, I booked a 27 day transatlantic cruise with the British Isles on the Crown Princess for April 2019. I booked cabin L238 forward. I did look the cabin up and love the Lido deck cabins, but after reading about the North Atlantic, I am wondering if I booked the wrong cabin. Have any of you cruisers out there ever been on the Lido Deck on the Crown Princess. Not my first cruise but first time on Princess. Thanks for any feedback.

sharks: Go to cruisedeckplans.com. Look up the Crown Princess. You can find your cabin, see deck plans, pictures of it or similar cabins, public areas, etc. You can also find warnings and the cabin checker tool, that shows the decks above and below your cabin to see what may make the cabin noisy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lido deck is an awesome location on the grand class ships - we really enjoy it as we enjoy being close to the pools, hottubs, and Lido. I don't think you'll feel significantly more motion there than say the Riviera or Aloha deck if thats what your concern is. It doesnt look like you are under any treadmills so thats good. Also, if you hate the shower curtains in the room, the spa/gym showers up one deck are bigger.

Hi everybody, I booked a 27 day transatlantic cruise with the British Isles on the Crown Princess for April 2019. I booked cabin L238 forward. I did look the cabin up and love the Lido deck cabins, but after reading about the North Atlantic, I am wondering if I booked the wrong cabin. Have any of you cruisers out there ever been on the Lido Deck on the Crown Princess. Not my first cruise but first time on Princess. Thanks for any feedback.

We have been in cabins on the lido deck on a few ships and have enjoyed them. Just like any cabin it depends on what is above or below you. Above you on the sun deck is the Lotus Spa and you are directly below the massage area. So depending on what time the Spa opens and closes you may have a little noise in your room.

We were on the Lido Deck on the Crown, L304, for our very first cruise which was to the British Isles in 2011. Since then, we have taken a few more cruises and have decided that we like the Lido Deck the best given its location to the pool, hot tubs, buffets etc....yes, it can get a bit bumpy but the location to us outweighs the negatives. Just our opinion of course but we love it there

sharks: Go to cruisedeckplans.com. Look up the Crown Princess. You can find your cabin, see deck plans, pictures of it or similar cabins, public areas, etc. You can also find warnings and the cabin checker tool, that shows the decks above and below your cabin to see what may make the cabin noisy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank You for that information.

Sandra

Lido deck is an awesome location on the grand class ships - we really enjoy it as we enjoy being close to the pools, hottubs, and Lido. I don't think you'll feel significantly more motion there than say the Riviera or Aloha deck if thats what your concern is. It doesnt look like you are under any treadmills so thats good. Also, if you hate the shower curtains in the room, the spa/gym showers up one deck are bigger.

Thank you for that info. I was a bit concerned about the movement in the front of the ship. I have never been across the pond and not sure what to expect.

We have been in cabins on the lido deck on a few ships and have enjoyed them. Just like any cabin it depends on what is above or below you. Above you on the sun deck is the Lotus Spa and you are directly below the massage area. So depending on what time the Spa opens and closes you may have a little noise in your room.

Thanks for the response. I think if I would prefer the Spa over the gym. Thanks again.

We were on the Lido Deck on the Crown, L304, for our very first cruise which was to the British Isles in 2011. Since then, we have taken a few more cruises and have decided that we like the Lido Deck the best given its location to the pool, hot tubs, buffets etc....yes, it can get a bit bumpy but the location to us outweighs the negatives. Just our opinion of course but we love it there

Thank you for the reply. OK, I can handle a little bumpy. That's good to know.

You will have more movement up there. It’s a great location and I would book there in a heartbeat. I always say book forward of the elevators as the foot traffic heading to/from the pool area/buffet etc can be an annoyance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the reply. I will go back and check if I am forward of the Elevators. Thanks for the tip.