Upgrade 250 Minute Anytime WiFi package to Unlimited Social Media WiFi

WineGal89

I’m cruising on the Sun in October and one of my perks was 250-minute anytime WiFi package. Can I upgrade that (and if so, how) to the Unlimited Social Media package? There’s only a few dollars difference and I’d get more use out of the SM. (My kids don’t use email anyway...)

On last cruise I didn’t have the free perk and stupidly decided to get a timed package. Was a nightmare trying to manage the connection and I’m a tech person by vocation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our recent NCL Escape cruise, we waited in line at the internet desk, and converted our free minutes package (which was included as a perk) to an unlimited package. We were billed the difference on our on board account. So I would assume you could convert to the social media package the same way.

I’m cruising on the Sun in October and one of my perks was 250-minute anytime WiFi package. Can I upgrade that (and if so, how) to the Unlimited Social Media package? There’s only a few dollars difference and I’d get more use out of the SM. (My kids don’t use email anyway...)

On last cruise I didn’t have the free perk and stupidly decided to get a timed package. Was a nightmare trying to manage the connection and I’m a tech person by vocation.

Yes. You can use the value of your package toward an unlimited plan.

On the Bliss in June, when you went to select a package, there was an option to upgrade. In that case, it is do-it-yourself.

On the Getaway last week, we had to go to the internet manager desk to have it done.

On Breakaway in July I logged onto the ship network and then opened my browser. This took me to the ship log in page. Entered Cabin and name and then it showed what package I had and there were options to use the $250 dollar allowance to upgrade to another package - I went for the standard unlimited deal which was perfect the whole voyage.

It was really simple

On Breakaway in July I logged onto the ship network and then opened my browser. This took me to the ship log in page. Entered Cabin and name and then it showed what package I had and there were options to use the $250 dollar allowance to upgrade to another package - I went for the standard unlimited deal which was perfect the whole voyage.

It was really simple

Do you recall what you paid (after you were credited for the 250 minute package) for the unlimited package?

Do you recall what you paid (after you were credited for the 250 minute package) for the unlimited package?

I was on the Breakaway for 9 nights and paid $269.91 - I had a $125 credit so the cost to me for the 9 days was $144.91

Hope that helps

d209459746eb15ec237683e00ad89f18.jpg889c1303d68e26644986d414452f6efb.jpg

Remember to book online and save $5 per day

Can you book online in advance the cruise and still get the value of the 250 minute promotional free atsea package deducted from the price?

Can you book online in advance the cruise and still get the value of the 250 minute promotional free atsea package deducted from the price?

What would likely happen is that you would pay in advance online for the unlimited package, and then they would deduct the value of your promotional package from your final on board bill.

This might be a dumb question but on the 250 min internet package perk, does it keep track of the minutes you use? How do you know when the 250 is up? Does it just not let you connect anymore?

I cannot answer your specific question - however on the unlimited package I upgraded to it had a countdown clock in days, hours and minutes showing when the package was going to expire - which was check out time on the final day when we docked

This might be a dumb question but on the 250 min internet package perk, does it keep track of the minutes you use? How do you know when the 250 is up? Does it just not let you connect anymore?

You have to login and logout every time you use it. It does let you know how many minutes you have left when you logout.

I cannot answer your specific question - however on the unlimited package I upgraded to it had a countdown clock in days, hours and minutes showing when the package was going to expire - which was check out time on the final day when we docked

Thanks for your reply

When you have the unlimited package can that be used on more then one device?

Yes - but not at the same time!! Which is a bit of a pain as you have to remember to log out of the first one before you log into the 2nd and so on. I don't see why it needs to work this way and I did query it with the internet café but they just said that's the way it is

In June on the Jewel we upgraded to an unlimited package and the difference was about $80 (done from iPad on first login)

Yes - but not at the same time!! Which is a bit of a pain as you have to remember to log out of the first one before you log into the 2nd and so on. I don't see why it needs to work this way and I did query it with the internet café but they just said that's the way it is

Amen, it is a pain; and they device can sign itself back on too easily (make sure everyone logs off vs closing the browser! One thing I like about RCL is you get a device PER PERSON.

Building on the original question ... as Platinum we get an additional 60 minutes, do you get credit for the extra 60 minutes

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Short answer, is, no - you do not. Whether it's 30+30 minutes or 60+60 minutes for Plus status on top of the $125 trade-up credit for the 250 promo minutes ... been asked on 2 different ships, they just won't stake them.

If you have available non-refundable OBC, use & applied them against the upgrade fees.

How is the actual wifi on the getaway? I need to be able to reach my older child who is staying home alone for the first time. I will need either iMessage (I’m from Canada if that matters) or Facebook messenger to work well. Which package is best for this and how good in connectivity?

Has anyone been able to get the

trade up credit for BOTH the 250 Free at Sea minutes AND the 250 Distinctive Voyage Minutes. Seemingly this would be $250 off whatever the unlimited package cost is for my 14 day cruise ? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums