Bliss Bid Balcony (BD) to Minisuite, Is it Worth It?

need2cruisesoon

We are in a balcony (BD) for are upcoming 15 day Panama Canal cruise in November.

We have an opportunity to bid a mini suite from $50/pp. but will not know the location until assigned.

So mini suites are slightly larger because of the bathroom correct? Any negatives you can think?

Thanks,

Ron

If you are happy with your location, I think I would stay put. Unless the bathroom is the deal breaker I don't see the value since you have no idea where they are going to put you. If you are so so on your current location, then I would give it a go.

We’ve been offered a $25pp minimum bid to upgrade to a mini suite on Bliss as well. We are quite happy with the location of our balcony room, and don’t want to risk getting a mini in a bad location. If you are the gambling type, go for it! If you like your current location, I’d stay put.

Can someone explain "angled balcony". I think I know but just looking to be certain. We have cabin 9260 on an upcoming trip on the Bliss and it looks like it has one. Are they bigger?? Smaller?? ....Thanks for whoever has the answer.

Can someone explain "angled balcony". I think I know but just looking to be certain. We have cabin 9260 on an upcoming trip on the Bliss and it looks like it has one. Are they bigger?? Smaller?? ....Thanks for whoever has the answer.

They're substantially larger. I had an angled balcony on the Breakaway and managed to get a lounger out there. I'd book one again in a heartbeat, especially since the balconies on BA class ships are so tiny.

9260 on the Bliss is indeed an angled balcony. They are about half again as big square footage-wise as a normal balcony. You do potentially sacrifice a little privacy, because your neighbors can see into the part of the balcony that juts out. But if that worries you, you can feel free to put your chairs up against the slider like they have to be on a normal sized balcony. ;p

I have angled balconies booked for my next three cruises!

• 1 month later...
Did you guys have to do something to make the bid happen or does NCL contact you?

I've been getting emails about every two weeks from NCL about bidding for my upcoming Bliss cruise. I'm in a Minisuite so I can only bid on Spa Minis or Haven. Haven is $400pp min bid and I really don't want to drop another $800 min on a Mexico cruise. Bidding starts at $75pp for the spa, but I really don't like the location of those cabins up on deck 15. So I'm not bothering with bidding.

9260 on the Bliss is indeed an angled balcony. They are about half again as big square footage-wise as a normal balcony. You do potentially sacrifice a little privacy, because your neighbors can see into the part of the balcony that juts out. But if that worries you, you can feel free to put your chairs up against the slider like they have to be on a normal sized balcony. ;p

I have angled balconies booked for my next three cruises!

I'm curious so the all angled balconies have bed next to balcony?