Just back from the Rhapsody today!

Just got back today from the Rhapsody on our first cruise. We loved it. I have to thank all of you for the great tips.

Now that I've been on a cruise I'd like to add my own 2 cents.

The ship was beautiful. When we were exploring on the first day I kept wondering about the people who say she looks worn or a little old. I didn't see this at all. It was so elegant.

If you like live music, you will love this ship. It seemed as if everywhere we went there was either a pianist on the grand, a guitarist in the centrum, and a violinist at dinner. It was great.

We had 2 inside cabins on the 4th deck with 3 people in each. We are a family of six. I actually was surprised at all the storage space. Didn't need my over the door shoe hanger. We actually spent time in our cabin watching movies a couple of times. Our cabin only seemed small when family members from the other cabin would come to congregate in one cabin.

Food was good except the pancakes, waffles, and biscuits. They had a weird texture and yellow tint to them. Husband and I thought it was probably whatever baking mix they use for these.

The greatest moment of the week was when the ship started moving to leave Galveston. The view was great. It was a glorious moment. Will never forget my first day on a cruise.

Ali

Thanx for the review. I love the Rhapsody and we are leaving on here again the end of the month. Did you go to Key West, or did you go to Jamaica? and if you went to Key West, what did you do there. Since the ship gets there so late, I'm not sure what we can do while we are there since we do not drink.

200601291500_13.gif

Thanks for the great report. My wife and I are headed out on the Rhapsody on 1/22 for our very first cruise. Can't wait! I love hearing everyone elses experiences and can't wait to contribute my own.

--dave

Mikefast,

Our ship went to Costa Maya, Georgetown, and Cozumel.

Costa Maya was definately our favorite port. We did a ruins tour with David and Ivan. Ivan did ours. He is a local at one of the villages and knows lots of info about the area, it's history, and the people.

Our kids favorite was Georgetown because we swam with the stingrays.

Ali

Ali-in-Texas - I too love Rhapsody. How old are the children that were with you. My granddaugther is 13 and I so want to take her on a cruise, but I am afraid that she would not have a good time. She is somewhat shy and I don't know what the programs are for teens her age. She definitely too young for the 16-17 year olds. Any suggestions?

mohendry,

Our kids are ages 9, 12, 13, 16. My daughter who is 9 is also very shy and didn't like the first day at the kids club. She didn't want to go back so she hung out with me or my husband. She still enjoyed the cruise very much. My 12 and 13 yr old boys loved the teens club and participated in most activities. My 16 yr old was the only one who showed up for several things and quit going a couple days into the cruise.

The two who ended up hanging out with us still enjoyed the cruise very much. There were several port days that kept them busy.

Ali, we also were in Georgetown the same day as the Rhapsody last week. We were booked with Nativways for the Stingray tour, and we were told there was a problem on Rhapsody, causing the people who had also booked our tour, but who were on Rhapsody, to be 1/2 hour late. What delayed Rhapsodys debarking that day? Just wondering!

Hi there

Were you originally scheduled to go to Costa Maya, or was there a port change from Key West? We are scheduled to sail on Feb 5, and have Key West on the itinerary. I know there has been some discussion of the port being dropped.

Just got back today from the Rhapsody on our first cruise. We loved it. I have to thank all of you for the great tips.

Now that I've been on a cruise I'd like to add my own 2 cents.

The ship was beautiful. When we were exploring on the first day I kept wondering about the people who say she looks worn or a little old. I didn't see this at all. It was so elegant.

If you like live music, you will love this ship. It seemed as if everywhere we went there was either a pianist on the grand, a guitarist in the centrum, and a violinist at dinner. It was great.

We had 2 inside cabins on the 4th deck with 3 people in each. We are a family of six. I actually was surprised at all the storage space. Didn't need my over the door shoe hanger. We actually spent time in our cabin watching movies a couple of times. Our cabin only seemed small when family members from the other cabin would come to congregate in one cabin.

Food was good except the pancakes, waffles, and biscuits. They had a weird texture and yellow tint to them. Husband and I thought it was probably whatever baking mix they use for these.

The greatest moment of the week was when the ship started moving to leave Galveston. The view was great. It was a glorious moment. Will never forget my first day on a cruise.

Ali

I was also on this cruise on the 4th floor interior cabin... :)

Yes, we are also Rhapsody lovers. She's just divine. In Key West, we found the pub crawl exhausting and time consuming. We put in an appearence at Joe's but the most fun was calling our relatives and getting on their web-cam and clowning around so they could see us online. You could have some fun on the wharf at sunset with all the entertainers, but if we ever go again, we will just stay on board the starboard side of the ship and watch that incredible sunset. No one was there but one other couple and we had the deck all to ourselves. Beautiful! Hope this doesn't step on anybodies toes who just loves Key West.

Occasional Cruiser- we weren't late getting to Grand Cayman but they were only using the life boats for tendering to the island which probably caused the holdup. We were also late to our snorkeling excursion with Captain Marvin. When we arrived at their office they called the boat and waited for us. We were so grateful because our kids would have been so disappointed.

Baxter-no port change. We were scheduled to go to Costa Maya.

Dahman- What a coincidence! Did you see the guy passed out on the 4th floor on the first formal night. My husband was one of the men waiting in the hall with him until the nurse got there. Did you also have a good cruise?

Ali

All it takes is one cruise to get you hooked. And by picking the Rhapsody you picked one of the best. In our 6 cruises, the Rhapsody was our favorite. Friendly pax, super accommodating staff. Just a beautiful ship. Elegant without being stuffy and just the right size to navigate easily.

Mohendry, if you have a 13 yr old then you probably will be sailing during a time that there will be tons of kids for your teen. Every child is different. She might seem shy at home but once meeting other teens on a cruise she might open up and surprise you. It only takes one friendly face and trust me on this, Texans are super friendly. Go, enjoy and let us know what a fabulous time you had!

Archived