5-Day Aft Balcony Pricing

Megtheblackbelt

Hello - Husband and I have always done 7 day cruises. We want to go to Cuba, though, and the only cruise that works in our time frame is a 5 day. We’ve always wanted an aft balcony, and since we’re booking so far out, there are some available. That being said - what is a reasonable (to you!) price to pay for a 5 day aft balcony on an older ship? The current cruise we’re looking at is $1,300 (including taxes) for an aft balcony. This seems reasonable, but I have nothing to compare it to?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think that is very reasonable. We've had an aft balcony before and I LOVED watching the wake. It is so relaxing and mesmerizing.

However, the downside to an aft for me, was that there was pretty much no shade and during the day, the chairs would be scalding hot from the sun and there was no breeze back there. I would book again if we were going in the winter or to Alaska, but that is probably about it.

We have an aft balcony booked for a 5-day overnight Havana cruise on the Paradise in April 2019 and paid $1,912.80 (includes port charges, fees and taxes) for the two of us, so your $1,390 deal sounds incredible! Go for it!

i like to keep my price a about 100 pp per night. 130pp is good.

Off topic-- please do some research before booking the cuba cruise

there are fees you need to pay too

Like the Visa and the medical clearance-- depending on how long you are in cuba-- if overnight its for 2 days

as an american you can not go as a tourist-- you need to do a people to people tour as an education experience.

I think that is very reasonable. We've had an aft balcony before and I LOVED watching the wake. It is so relaxing and mesmerizing.

However, the downside to an aft for me, was that there was pretty much no shade and during the day, the chairs would be scalding hot from the sun and there was no breeze back there. I would book again if we were going in the winter or to Alaska, but that is probably about it.

Thank you for this tip. We actually decided to go with a normal balcony because of it. I am waaaaay too pale (think ghost white) to not have any shade. Ugh. Thank you for the heads up! We're doing Alaska next year, so I'm stoked about that too!

We have an aft balcony booked for a 5-day overnight Havana cruise on the Paradise in April 2019 and paid $1,912.80 (includes port charges, fees and taxes) for the two of us, so your $1,390 deal sounds incredible! Go for it!

Holy cow. I'm unsure if the prices are lower for our sailing because it's so far out, or if it's because Carnival is still trying to figure out how the response will be to Sunrise. Either way, I feel a bit better. Haha. :)

i like to keep my price a about 100 pp per night. 130pp is good.

Off topic-- please do some research before booking the cuba cruise

there are fees you need to pay too

Like the Visa and the medical clearance-- depending on how long you are in cuba-- if overnight its for 2 days

as an american you can not go as a tourist-- you need to do a people to people tour as an education experience.

Thanks for the warning! Thankfully, Carnival warned us of this when we booked (or rather, when our TA booked). From my understanding, Carnival does all of the work to acquire the Visas and just tacks on the $75 / per person charge to our onboard account, to be paid when we disembark. :)