Lifou, Mare and Mystery Island tender process

Sallyandtex

Hi, going on Carnival Spirit to Pacific is.

Worried about tender process with such a big ship, we did a P and O smaller boat 5 years ago had to wait until noon to get the tender with our tickets, even lining up for the tickets at 7am.

Willing to pay for shore trip to avoid this delay.

If we buy advance Lifou Jinek bay tickets do we get a priority tender, or specific timeslot to go ashore?

Which other shore tours at Mare and Mystery Island are there that might allow a timely arrival on shore?

Thanks (:

• 1 month later...

I have done spirit to the islands and never had to wait that long for tenders, that must have been frustrating! I'm sure we did get a tender time for jinek bay but I recommend getting them anyway as the snorkeling there is fantastic. There's only one tour available for mare and I love the beach there so I'd recommend that too. Talk to the tour desk people I'm sure they will help you out.

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Forums mobile app

Thanks Suzbuz,

Will definitely do the snorkelling and beach trips!

Glad to hear the tender process ran better than our experience on P and O Jewel that time.

Also, did you take local currency or would the locals accept AUD for snacks ?

Did you find enough shade on the beach? We goung in January and have a redhead 😀

Hi, going on Carnival Spirit to Pacific is.

Worried about tender process with such a big ship, we did a P and O smaller boat 5 years ago had to wait until noon to get the tender with our tickets, even lining up for the tickets at 7am.

Willing to pay for shore trip to avoid this delay.

If we buy advance Lifou Jinek bay tickets do we get a priority tender, or specific timeslot to go ashore?

Which other shore tours at Mare and Mystery Island are there that might allow a timely arrival on shore?

Thanks (:

Hi Sally, I was on the explorer of the seas in march which called at Lifou. Its a big ship - 5000 passengers and the tendering process was appalling. I luckily got off quite quickly with the benefit of an officer i knew, but when i got back on the ship 4 hours later there were people that were still waiting to get off. I think the best way to get off earlier would be to have a ship excursion booked, though there wasn't much to do there other than do the walk up the hill to the church.

good luck....