Corkage fee

We will be bringing our own wine aboard Freedom at the end of september, the corkage fee is apparently a hefty 25$ in the main dining room. Does the wait staff sometimes “forget” to charge the fee? We never got charged on Carnival back in the day but it was only 10$ extra so still worth taking a chance.

If they’re gonna be charging us 25$ I guess we’ll just drink it in the room

We were on the Jewel just after tgey had introduced the fee. When we brought the bottle of wine into to mdr the wait staff told us that they had to charge corkage, I complained and they got the maitre'd to come over, he waived it. I haven't taken wine since

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It’s $15, and very hit and miss. Table mates last fall were charged, others in March were not. From what the staff said on Harmony they are reluctant to charge as most guests then go complain to supervisors and it comes back in them. When sorry it should never come back on the staff they are simply doing their job. I understood when it was first re introduced, but it has been over a year now and is clearly posted on the site. If you don’t want to pay it then pour it in your cabin, but don’t take a bottle knowing there is a charge and then complain to staff until the charge is removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is meant to be $15.

Staff are loathe to charge this.

I have never been charged on an6 ship in any restaurant.

The only time i heard a waiter explaining to a table mate was on Radiance in June. I advised him to go back to his room and bring 2 large glasses of wine back, which he did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were on the Jewel just after tgey had introduced the fee. When we brought the bottle of wine into to mdr the wait staff told us that they had to charge corkage, I complained and they got the maitre'd to come over, he waived it. I haven't taken wine since

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, what did you complain about ? Did you not know the fee had been re-introduced ?

Thanks for all your replies, I guess I’ll wait a few days into the cruise to see if I get good vibes from the waiter.

We have never been charged. Mind you, we do Traditional Dining so it could be since we have the same waiters every night, that may have something to do with it. We always open the bottle in our cabin. Last year on Oasis after opening, we put the cork in too tight and it broke when we tried to pull it. One of the Head Waiters saw us struggling, stopped and corked it for us. I assumed I'd be charged, but wasn't. So, here's my suggestion. If you only want one glass for dinner, take a glass instead of bottle as suggested. But to be honest, if you bring on a bottle, and pay $15 corkage fee, it's still WAY cheaper than buying a bottle on board. So if you want a bottle of wine, open it yourself, drink it at your leisure, and if they hit you with the corkage fee, pay it gracefully. Don't complain about the waiters doing their job and enforcing the KNOWN rules of the cruise line.

Know this is in effect and already complained twice. We’ll be opening them up in our room and carrying glasses to dinner. We got a free bottle of wine for getting a Central Park balcony. Will be asking them there corkage fee policy on that one. Was told they would loan us a corkscrew for the cabin, but I am bringing my own.

Know this is in effect and already complained twice. We’ll be opening them up in our room and carrying glasses to dinner. We got a free bottle of wine for getting a Central Park balcony. Will be asking them there corkage fee policy on that one. Was told they would loan us a corkscrew for the cabin, but I am bringing my own.

Bottles given by a ta or by the ship, or purchased on board or through the online gift option are not subject to the corkage fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have never been charged. Mind you, we do Traditional Dining so it could be since we have the same waiters every night, that may have something to do with it. We always open the bottle in our cabin. Last year on Oasis after opening, we put the cork in too tight and it broke when we tried to pull it. One of the Head Waiters saw us struggling, stopped and corked it for us. I assumed I'd be charged, but wasn't. So, here's my suggestion. If you only want one glass for dinner, take a glass instead of bottle as suggested. But to be honest, if you bring on a bottle, and pay $15 corkage fee, it's still WAY cheaper than buying a bottle on board. So if you want a bottle of wine, open it yourself, drink it at your leisure, and if they hit you with the corkage fee, pay it gracefully. Don't complain about the waiters doing their job and enforcing the KNOWN rules of the cruise line.

You can be sure that I’m not going to complain if I get charged in the MDR. Rules are rules, we might not like them but that’s that. I was fully aware of it when I booked. Now lets hope we don’t get charged ;p

We have never been charged since the fee was announced. The waiters did mention a corkage fee on the first few cruises after it started but never charged it. Now, they rarely even mention it.

Sherri:)