Monkey’s, sloths and snorkeling

MrmrsSteelman

We go on our first cruise Jan 6th. We had booked Little French key, but with the fire yesterday I doubt we will get to go, so want to start making plan B. I’d love to do the money and sloth sanctuary..but would also love to go to Bananarama for the rest of the day to go snorkeling. Is there a tour that you know of that does all that or what is our best option to do those things. Thanks!

If you’re okay with a non-private tour, the Fun n Sun tour by Victor Bodden Tours seems to be exactly what you’re looking for: http://www.boddentours.com/highlights.htm

If you’d prefer a private tour, they offer this tour: http://www.boddentours.com/bestofroatan.htm and you can add the Sloth and Monkey Sanctuary to that for $5/pp

LFK will be open on the side minimally affected starting tomorrow so it could still be an option. That's the side I always hung out at anyway. Some animals are over at BFK so I don't know if they will open that up or not. I just looked again and your cruise isn't until Jan?! LFK will definitely be up and running by then. They more than likely won't have the Beach House rebuilt, but that wouldn't affect the cruisers anyway. Clean up is starting today and they are looking to get started rebuilding ASAP. I'm sure you'll be fine.

We are doing exactly that itinerary through a private tour with Ronys Tours next month. Like Boddens mentioned above, they do custom private tours and you can set your itinerary to do what you’d like with your day. Both tour guides are numbers 1 and 2 on TripAdvisor.

• 2 weeks later...
Bodden tours does a great job. Danielle Johnson's place is awesome. Something you may want to keep in mind, Danielle Johnson's place is going to be any where from 45 minutes to 1 hour from BananaRama on West Bay beach. They are both great places.

So that people don’t get confused it’s Daniel Johnson not Danielle.

I would only make the passing comment that...this is your first cruise....if you don't get to see and do everything that you have read about....you will be back to Roatan.

Cruising is addictive. You will be back.

Did I say...you will be back? LOL :cool:

Last week we used Roatan Ocean Adventures. It was just the 2 of us for the 3 snorkel tour. They picked us up right outside of port and our driver (female) told us so much about the island and life there. Our guide Garrett and captain Michael were great and the snorkeling was fantastic. Each area was approximately 40 minutes. Afterwards, we had option of beach break or animal sanctuary. We chose the animal sanctuary where you can hold a sloth, and interact with the monkeys and birds. If you like them sitting on your shoulders/heads that is!

We made our Roatan excursion arrangements through Daniel Johnson. He arranged to have a private driver pick us up and take us to his sloth sanctuary (lotsa fun!) After visiting with the sloths and monkeys, we walked about 150 yards to a pier where he had a snorkel barge waiting for us. This was absolutely some of the best snorkeling I've ever experienced. After that, our private driver took us on an island tour (seeing whatever we wanted) and then to a beach for a nice cold drink in a coconut!

I don't remember the cost but it was very inexpensive. I know they can also arrange for you to visit a zipline during your visit, if that interests you.

We will be returning to Roatan in June and have already contacted Daniel to act as our host again.

Contact them... you won't be sorry.

I keep hoping to find a tour that I can to Daniel Johnsons to see the monkey and sloths and then just get to West Bay beach and do snorkeling from beach since we have young kids too. I don't really want to do a boat snorkeling tour.

I looked in to Victor Boden since he has a tour that sounded like this. But if you don't get to the animal place before 11am you can hold the sloths. They go rest after that. We wouldn't get there in time with our ships arrival time. This is what our kids want to do the most.

I keep hoping to find a tour that I can to Daniel Johnsons to see the monkey and sloths and then just get to West Bay beach and do snorkeling from beach since we have young kids too. I don't really want to do a boat snorkeling tour.

I looked in to Victor Boden since he has a tour that sounded like this. But if you don't get to the animal place before 11am you can hold the sloths. They go rest after that. We wouldn't get there in time with our ships arrival time. This is what our kids want to do the most.

Victor Bodden takes you to his own monkey and sloth sanctuary. Look into Ronys Tours if you want a private tour that will take you to Daniel Johnson’s and then on to West Bay Beach for a beach day and snorkeling from shore.