Excursions on a budget.

Hey everyone,

My boyfriend and I are taking our first cruise together on Norwegian Getaway going to:

Costa Maya

Roatan

Cozumel

Harvest Caye

We are interested in doing something at each of these places but are on a fairly tight budget and cannot afford the ships excursions.

Any suggestions of where to go and what to see would be greatly appreciated.

My suggestion is to go to the ports of call Caribbean section for each location and ask this question. I would think that you will get some suggestions on using public transportation to some places to enjoy. Also, some walking tours.

Good luck and have fun.

Hey everyone,

My boyfriend and I are taking our first cruise together on Norwegian Getaway going to:

Costa Maya

Roatan

Cozumel

Harvest Caye

We are interested in doing something at each of these places but are on a fairly tight budget and cannot afford the ships excursions.

Any suggestions of where to go and what to see would be greatly appreciated.

Costa Maya - Go to one of the beach bars in town. It is about $5 pp round trip, and you can spend as much or as little as you want. Usually chairs and umbrellas are included as long as you buy a couple of drinks.

Harvest Caye - Just get off the ship and go to the pool or the beach. It is a private islands, and there is no need to spend a penny.

Roatan - People swear by Victor Boden. We always go to Tabayana but only because the snorkeling is incredible. You can get the snorkeling cheaper on your own.

Cozumel has so much to do that it is impossible to suggest anything.

Cozumel is a great port to rent a small, inexpensive car and drive around the island. You can stop at any of the beach clubs you want, explore undeveloped beaches and the little bars/restaurants that dot the road around the island, stop in town to shop or eat. It's lots of fun, you can't get lost, and you can do exactly what you want.

Research on your own. Boards on here are good for first-hand information. Google is your friend. On our last cruise, I booked through a reputable company on Jamaica that guaranteed us back to the ship in time. It was half the cost of the cruise line excursion.

• 3 weeks later...

At Cozumel you can go to Mr. Sancho for $50 each its all the food and drinks free. Great beach club lots of fun. We are going back for the second time in January. They only allow so many so you need to reserve ahead of time. You can book it though ShoreExcursioneer.com for $5 each. You tube it. It’s probably the number one place to go in Cozumel. You just take a taxi from the port. It was $17 each way for 4 people last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums