First time cruising to Bermuda - suggestions?

Heathermcgrath

How do you get to tobacco bay?

If your cruise ship is docked at the Dockyard and the ferry to St George is still running, you would take the ferry to SG and either walk, take a taxi, or shuttle (if running) from King's Square, SG to Tobacco Bay.

If the ferry to SG is not running, you would take the ferry to Hamilton. From there, you could take a taxi to TB or a public bus, routes #10 or #11, to SG and then either walk, take a taxi, or shuttle (if running) from King's Square, SG to Tobacco Bay.

SBtS

If your cruise ship is docked at the Dockyard and the ferry to St George is still running, you would take the ferry to SG and either walk, take a taxi, or shuttle (if running) from King's Square, SG to Tobacco Bay.

If the ferry to SG is not running, you would take the ferry to Hamilton. From there, you could take a taxi to TB or a public bus, routes #10 or #11, to SG and then either walk, take a taxi, or shuttle (if running) from King's Square, SG to Tobacco Bay.

SBtS

It appears they will be at the Dockyard in November when the ferry to St. George’s is not running.

The straight line distance from the east end of Horseshoe Bay to the west end Warwick Long Bay Beach is just under a ½ mile, but the paths are not straight and what you do at each cove you visit will add to the length of your walk. Plus you have to add the distance from the HSB parking area to the east end of HSB. That distance is about ⅓ mile added to the total length of the walk which are not just the beach paths .

SBtS

Thanks for the additional information. Where do you pick up the beach path from Horseshoe Bay? From the photo - it looks like everything is to the left (when facing the ocean). Is that right?

Thanks again - been to Horseshoe Bay a few times, but never wandered from the beach.

Thanks for the additional information. Where do you pick up the beach path from Horseshoe Bay? From the photo - it looks like everything is to the left (when facing the ocean). Is that right?

Thanks again - been to Horseshoe Bay a few times, but never wandered from the beach.

You are correct about going to your left as you face the ocean. That direction would be northeast. Just walk until you can not continue on the beach. Hare is a Google Satellite pix; is this the photo you referred to?

enhance

SBtS

SBtS

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My boyfriend and I are on the same cruise. Having been to Bermuda before . As of now the plan is to do the beach walk starting at Warwick and ending at Horseshoe (at least that is where I think it ends) and be back in time for our sunset catamaran cruise excursion at 5:30. Not sure what to do after beach walk.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

Cool story bro. It gets crowded because it's the closest beach to the ship and for many, the only beach they are aware of.

There are better beaches in Bermuda.

Sure thing, kid. Whatever you say. Ignore all of the online reviews, not just by tourists.

Listen to you instead.

Cool story bro. It gets crowded because it's the closest beach to the ship and for many, the only beach they are aware of.

There are better beaches in Bermuda.

That’s your opinion. I don’t agree there are better beaches. There are some that are almost as nice. Many don’t have facilities and others are quite a distance away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s your opinion. I don’t agree there are better beaches. There are some that are almost as nice. Many don’t have facilities and others are quite a distance away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For someone's first trip to Bermuda, Horseshoe Bay:

Is a beautiful beach;

Has good facilities (bathrooms, dressing rooms, food, rental equipment);

Is very easy to get to and from at a cheap price.