Question about SeaPass and my son

As a passenger, my 5 year old son will have a SeaPass card, right? If so, will he need this card to attend Adventure Ocean (check in, check out)? Not that he will be allowed to roam the ship, but is it possible to block charges from being made with this card? I don't want to be the one passenger in a million disputing charges made on a 5 year old's SeaPass.

yes,you can make any person's sea pass card valid for only opening the door to your room. Both my kids went through 2 sea passes each during our last cruise and makes no difference to me cause they can't charge nothing on em and there is no room number.

finally I got the purser to punch a hole in em and put a chain on em for my kids to wear around their neck... worked like a charm

will he need this card to attend Adventure Ocean (check in, check out
No.

Not that he will be allowed to roam the ship, but is it possible to block charges from being made with this card?
Hmmmm. I can't even think of a situation where my 6 yr. old would be unaccompanied and in a position to use his SeaPass to purchase something. Actually, I can't even think of a time we would let him be in possession of his SeaPass.

When you check in, tell the reservation agent you do NOT want your credit card associated with your son's card. They will grant your request so his card will not be able to purchase anything. If you do the online check-in, fill out the form for him as paying cash onboard (Just don't put any cash towards his card when you get to the ship.)

You can always add cash or a credit card to it later on the ship so he can buy mom some nice expensive jewelry. :D

Thanks for the replies. If he doesn't need the card for Adventure Ocean, he will never be in possession of the card.

jwlane - I was under the impression (probably wrong) that kids can use their SeaPass to play games in the arcade at Adventure Ocean. I would hate to have an unexpected charge at the end of the cruise due to his gameplaying. However, since he won't need his card to enter Adventure Ocean, it is a moot point.

I was under the impression that kids can use their SeaPass to play games in the arcade at Adventure Ocean.
That is true, but your son's age group does not have access to the arcade (separate room) while in AO group activities. The key here---they can't use what they don't have.

I am more careful with the seapass cards as well. My son (12 at the time) ran up a small, but notable, tally on the video games. When we boarded, I asked that the kids not have charging privileges on their cards, but that they could use them as room keys, etc. The check-in said that the cards were arranged that way and there should be no problem. Both kids were aware that their cards were for key use only. To my surprise, there was video games and internet use on the cards at the cruise end. I asked my son about it, and he said it was him, but he thought they were free as he knew his card couldn't access them so he thought he was getting away with something (cheeky little bugger). Anyway, as it turns out, there were never programmed properly. Thank goodness, my son didn't go nutso or I could've had quite the bill!! :eek: Just double check, I know I do now!

when on board I check each of the kids cards at the liquor shop the first day as soon as they open. If they can charge on there I go back to the purser's desk and they fix it....Then I go back to the liquor shop and try again.. if they mess up a second time then I might get a little miffed... But I do this before I let my kids "have" the cards....

then there is no misunderstanding.

Archived