Suite guests and platinum elite lounge

Coffeeluvr05

Do full suite guests get to go to the nightly platinum elite cocktail hour? Pretty sure I read this somewhere but can’t find it on princess suite perks info.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

page 2, column 3, third bullet point:

Exclusive Elite Lounge with complimentary hors d’oeuvres on select ships^

It's not exactly something that's exciting... A reduced price drink (from a small selection of drinks) and a bit of nosh. If you have the beverage package it is then an drink you like (duh) but it's still not anything all that special.

• Like 2

It's not exactly something that's exciting... A reduced price drink (from a small selection of drinks) and a bit of nosh. If you have the beverage package it is then an drink you like (duh) but it's still not anything all that special.

The drink of the day used to be ones we have heard of and enjoy but lately they are rather weird and of no interest to us.

If it is at a nice venue like skywalkers we will go a few times but if someplace like club 6 we will skip it.

• Like 1

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

page 2, column 3, third bullet point:

Exclusive Elite Lounge with complimentary hors d’oeuvres on select ships^

Ah, yes...right there. I have read this document a gazillion times and somehow I missed that. Thanks!

I imagine that is true. We do have the beverage package (sip & sail of course), so that's a plus. In our last suite we never really knew all of the perks that we could have taken advantage of and want to check it out at least once. After this sailing, we will be platinum so we can go with or without a suite! Woo hoo!

The drink of the day used to be ones we have heard of and enjoy but lately they are rather weird and of no interest to us.

If it is at a nice venue like skywalkers we will go a few times but if someplace like club 6 we will skip it.

It's unfortunate they no longer offer the "old" drinks like the 24k Margarita and the Chairman of the Board.

• Like 1

Coming from Celebrity, the suite/elite lounge on Princess was very disappointing. I was quite surprised seeing prices for drinks :mad:. Celebrity has free drinks for their Elites from 6-8 every evening and of course a premium beverage package is included with all suites as well. That was our first and last full suite with Princess.

• Like 1

I actually liked it better in Club 6 than Skywalkers due to the fact that the seating is closer together and there are bars to sit at. Makes it easier to meet other people. Doing the Grand in January so I'll see how I like it in the club on there.

Coming from Celebrity, the suite/elite lounge on Princess was very disappointing. I was quite surprised seeing prices for drinks :mad:. Celebrity has free drinks for their Elites from 6-8 every evening and of course a premium beverage package is included with all suites as well. That was our first and last full suite with Princess.

Very true, but we did not enjoy the free drinks, the wine provided was very poor, I don't think it was even on the wine list. So free is nice if you like what is provided. Princess beverage package at this time includes a better choice of drinks compared to Celebrity where there are two different packages and alot of people upgrade the package. The devil is in the details to get what you prefer.

I just make sure to show up the night that smoked salmon is the appetizer. Yes I know I can have it for breakfast every day if I want, but I like the change-up as a pre-dinner snack. Unfortunately on my last cruise it was the same night I had reservations for Sabatini's so I kind of overly diminished my appetite beforehand.

But when three of the six nights feature (1) chips and salsa; (2) chips and guac; or (3) beef tartare that looks like it had been made from table scraps, the priority of this "perk" to Princess is clear.

I have not been to the "elite happy hour" in years. On a cruise, it is not as if I am starving and need the lousy appetizers they offer. And the drink selection (not complimentary) is poor.

When they offer free drinks, I don't care for those either. Capn's Cocktail Party, Champagne Waterfall, etc. -- no thanks!!

• Like 1

IMO..........

On the CB last week it seemed as though they were phasing it out.

Each night the offerings cheese/veggies etc got smaller and smaller.

No description of featured food item anymore in the cabin. Just a card with dates.

Never saw steak tartare. Don't care for any of the new featured drinks anymore.

Service on the Star in May and the CB last week in Skywalkers during the PSE lounge was seriously lacking.

In general you get what you pay for. I have been on Celebrity a few times and it is significantly more expensive than Princess. Frankly when I am in a full suite I rarely leave, especially not for a free drink Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

IMO..........

On the CB last week it seemed as though they were phasing it out.

Each night the offerings cheese/veggies etc got smaller and smaller.

No description of featured food item anymore in the cabin. Just a card with dates.

Never saw steak tartare. Don't care for any of the new featured drinks anymore.

Service on the Star in May and the CB last week in Skywalkers during the PSE lounge was seriously lacking.

On the Sapphire earlier this month, the offerings were just cheese, crackers, veggies, &dip. Same offerings every evening. The card in our room was the same as you experienced on the Caribbean Princess. Is this the beginning of a fleet wide downgrading of this perk?

I'm disappointed that they're still running those drinks in the elite Lounge. I thought they were probably just testing them to see how they went over. I tried several of them and I thought they were okay but the old ones were so much better. I like going up there and spending a little time before dinner but my husband is not so into it. He'll go if I beg him. We used to only go on the nights where we would enjoy the food or the drink of the day. The Brezza marina was my favorite drink for a long time! I even tracked down the recipe and started making it at home. So we always went that night and guacamole night. I enjoyed spending the time in Skywalker's without the loud music.

Totally agree. We rarely even bother going anymore.

• Like 1

We have to agree with being very disappointed in the so-called Elite Lounge cocktail time. We have been Elite for many years, but stopped going to these things years ago because we seldom saw a reason. The "snacks" are hit/miss and the drink specials are real jokes. We also would like to see Princess do something similar to what is done on Celebrity, RCI and some other lines. $1 off of a "special" drink is far from a good benefit.

Hank

• Like 1