Suite guests and platinum elite lounge

Coffeeluvr05

1 hour ago, worldtraveller said:

Can you trade the second set up for coffee cards?

I believe so, but not for a physical card. The credit would go on your medallion if you are on a medallion class ship or your cruise card; working like a debit card.

So if suite guests have access to elite lounge; and Skywalkers is on Grand Class ships;  do Royal class ships have a bar venue that has windows to the sea; or is the lounge landlocked?  Thanks

4 hours ago, Scorpio41 said:

Do you have to pay for the tapas?

No.  Some ships offer at the vines tapas and sushi.  But the ships with the sushi bar no longer have sushi at the vines.  What I love is that the tapas and or sushi are just enough to tide you over for dinner rather than filling up at elite lounge

On 8/30/2018 at 10:08 AM, Thrak said:

It's not exactly something that's exciting... A reduced price drink (from a small selection of drinks) and a bit of nosh. If you have the beverage package it is then an drink you like (duh) but it's still not anything all that special.

OTOH, it was quite nice on the Pacific Princess earlier this year.

The Platinum/Elite Lounge on Royal Princess was in Club 6 which did have an outside view, if I had been able to enter it.  Club 6 was my Muster Drill location and it was a nice lounge with lots of seating, a bar, and space to move around if one chose to do so.

12 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

The Platinum/Elite Lounge on Royal Princess was in Club 6 which did have an outside view, if I had been able to enter it.  Club 6 was my Muster Drill location and it was a nice lounge with lots of seating, a bar, and space to move around if one chose to do so.

IMO.......

It fills (seems crowded) really fast.

Have had PSE lounge and meet and greets there.

It is too small.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 11:36 AM, eagletwo said:

Last night on the CB, we are in the Owners Suite. We went to the Elite lounge on the first formal night. Snacks and appetizers were good. Never went back, too busy enjoying our suite. I do think Skywalkers is one of the most under utilized spaces on the ship. Year's ago, we could go up there mid afternoon and have a drink, enjoy the view. S

Anyway, really enjoyed CB this week. Our Medallions even unlocked the door from 2-3 feet away. Medallion team is working hard everywhere to get the entire ship working.

THANK YOU! I will be sailing on the Ruby Princess in February 2020, a Medallion Cruise, and was concerned about managing with the Medallion . I am Legally Blind, and have VERY poor judgement of distance. In an Interior room this time.

We use to go to the Elite lounge most nights.   We always preferred it in  Skywalkers  but have gone to Club 6.  In the last couple of years we rarely go.  The new drinks were not to our liking and IMHO the snacks were not that appealing/gone down hill.    On the bright side several other places are better so we hang out there.  

framer

On August 24, 2019 at 3:42 PM, CZEE said:

OTOH, it was quite nice on the Pacific Princess earlier this year.

On August 24, 2019 at 4:25 PM, heath_durbin said:

I would assume of all Princess ships, it would be the best on "Pacific Princess"

I am sure it is great!  I am trying to understand where it is held on the Pacific?

where might it be.

Thanks! 🙂🌅🌈🌠🍹🍷🍪🍮🍨🍧🍢

42 minutes ago, Buffy56 said:

We will be in a suite on an up coming cruise.  Will we be able to bring the couple that will be traveling with us? They will not have suite status.

No, not unless they are platinum or elite. That’s the only other way to gain entry to the nightly gathering.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buffy56 said:

We will be in a suite on an up coming cruise.  Will we be able to bring the couple that will be traveling with us? They will not have suite status.

28 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

No, not unless they are platinum or elite. That’s the only other way to gain entry to the nightly gathering.

You are almost always allowed to bring a friend or guest.

I remember getting invited by a friend on my very first cruise. I was so excited about the square cheese. Now it’s normally flat, not square.

On the last several cruise I have been platinum  status and my parents join me. No issues. On the last cruise I was elite status, and my dad got a sticker to denote that he also should get elite privileges.

with all of that said, often no one is watching the door, especially on longer cruises and you can walk in (like you own the place) and no one will question you.

it’s normally the shorter cruises where they watch the entrance. Sometimes sky-walker. 

13 minutes ago, heath_durbin said:

You are almost always allowed to bring a friend or guest.

I remember getting invited by a friend on my very first cruise. I was so excited about the square cheese. Now it’s normally flat, not square.

On the last several cruise I have been platinum  status and my parents join me. No issues. On the last cruise I was elite status, and my dad got a sticker to denote that he also should get elite privileges.

with all of that said, often no one is watching the door, especially on longer cruises and you can walk in (like you own the place) and no one will question you.

it’s normally the shorter cruises where they watch the entrance. Sometimes sky-walker. 

I stand corrected! 

18 minutes ago, heath_durbin said:

interesting .... what did that include ??

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

interesting .... what did that include ??

They get the priority guest service line and priority tender. And of court the Lounge. 

Not sure there was anything else. Everyone in the cabin get the laundry... but no sticker needed for that. 

4 minutes ago, heath_durbin said:

They get the priority guest service line and priority tender. And of court the Lounge. 

Not sure there was anything else. Everyone in the cabin get the laundry... but no sticker needed for that. 

so, you and your non-elite parents stayed in the same cabin ?

11 minutes ago, heath_durbin said:

Yes

Cabin-mates are entitled to share the perks of the passenger at the highest loyalty level for embarkation, disembarkation, tender tickets (if one passenger is elite) and the platinum, elite and suite lounge but not (IIRC) for laundry or internet access.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, heath_durbin said:

On my Coral Princess Alaska cruise, there was no one watching the door.  But,  when you order a drink, your cruise card will inform the Steward(ess) whether you are a Platinum or Elite guest.

5 hours ago, heath_durbin said:

Why did he get that?  And how?