Guilty pleasure

doug52

So, a few years ago my oldest and his Wife got my Wife and I watching the reality show Below Deck. For a few seasons they featured a luxury yacht sailing in the Caribbean with an emphasis on the relationships of the crew and the various passengers. A couple of seasons ago they added a Mediterranean version of this series with an entirely different cast.

Well, the reason I am bringing this up on the PG board, is that I just saw a commercial for their upcoming season which starts October 2nd on Bravo(they are currently showing the last couple of episodes of the Mediterranean series). The October 2nd new series will take the Captain and one of the other crew members and the same yacht and will be filming in Tahiti! Based on the commercial, it looks like they will be cruising throughout the Society Islands.

We really enjoy the Below Deck series, as it shows a very high priced yacht and obviously many times very interesting, pretentious, self absorbed guests as the crew tries to please them and interact among themselves. As I highlighted, this is a guilty pleasure of mindless tv, although always spectacular video showing the islands where it sails.

Doug

Hi Doug,

I remember seeing an episode of this show when they were in the Mediterranean....the guests were, indeed, quite something.

It will be interesting to watch to see our beloved destination...hopefully they (the guests on board) do not ruin its "innocence".

;) Lisa

Oh wow, thanks for posting that! I have watched every season of this show... I only wish I could vacation on one of those yachts haha I knew Captain Lee and Kate were coming back for the new season, but since I always fast forward through the commercials, I didn't catch that they are filming in Tahiti this season! So exciting!! Can't wait to look out for the sites I visited when I was in FP last year :)

Hi Doug,

I remember seeing an episode of this show when they were in the Mediterranean....the guests were, indeed, quite something.

It will be interesting to watch to see our beloved destination...hopefully they (the guests on board) do not ruin its "innocence".

;) Lisa

Lisa, still one episode left for the current Med destination that will be on this week.

And, it will be interesting to see this interplay of relationships in our new favorite destination and to once again see the beauty of the Society Islands.

Doug

Oh wow, thanks for posting that! I have watched every season of this show... I only wish I could vacation on one of those yachts haha I knew Captain Lee and Kate were coming back for the new season, but since I always fast forward through the commercials, I didn't catch that they are filming in Tahiti this season! So exciting!! Can't wait to look out for the sites I visited when I was in FP last year :)

Dana, yes we are hooked on this show as well. Captain Lee and Kate appear to be the only returning 'yachties'. We were hoping for the return of Ben as their chef!

Doug