Minor question,but wonder if Explorer serves bread pudding??

As long as the necessary ingredients are on board, almost anything can be prepared with prior notice, just ask! For my Mom's birthday which we celebrated on board, I made arrangements to have her favorite dessert presented to her as a surprise.

Also, if there is a special item on the menu that you enjoy and would like to have it again, all you have to do is ask.

gnomie :)

My Dh LOVES that dessert and we have cruise coming up ,he asked if STILL have it on that ship.Will be our first on that one.When its available he ll eat that before the lunch.

Are you thinking of the time when Regent used to serve a hot dessert for lunch in La Veranda (this was before Explorer came into service); if my memory is correct bread & butter pudding* used to be one of those "waist expanders" that was occasionally served.

As far as I know a hot dessert is no longer served for lunch in La Veranda and I do not recall bread & butter pudding* or any other type of bread based pudding being served for dessert in Compass Rose or the other restaurants.

However, as others have advised, I am sure one of the chefs would be able to make a special order for your husband as the simple ingredients will be to hand on board; just give the Restaurant Manager at least 24 hours notice.

* In the UK, bread pudding and bread & butter pudding are two different culinary delights(?). I understand that the generic term bread pudding is used for both types of dessert in the US.

Bread & butter pudding is delicious when made with Pannettone :D