Opinions please on pricing on MSC Divina booking

mickeyhereicome

We are looking to take a cruise in February and I came across MSC. We have narrowed it down to MSC Divina and Carnival Horizon. I am sure either cruise we pick will be great. My issue is on Wednesday the Divina was $1500 less for a balcony then it is today. I realize cruises book and fill up but I wasn't ready to book on Wednesday.

My question is do cabins open up? Where I might be able to upgrade from an oceanview to a balcony? Is MSC like other lines where near PIF day you see a lot open up? We always book balcony rooms and this is a 10 night cruise so its a must, however not $1200 more then Carnival must.

The $1200 difference also includes an unlimited drinks package, a spa package and 2 extra days of cruising (The Horizon cruise is a 8 day, right?).

That being said, the cruise is 6 months away - I would think that someone would cancel and some Fantastica or Bella balcony cabins would open up, you'd just have to keep on checking.

We are looking to take a cruise in February and I came across MSC. We have narrowed it down to MSC Divina and Carnival Horizon. I am sure either cruise we pick will be great. My issue is on Wednesday the Divina was $1500 less for a balcony then it is today. I realize cruises book and fill up but I wasn't ready to book on Wednesday.

My question is do cabins open up? Where I might be able to upgrade from an oceanview to a balcony? Is MSC like other lines where near PIF day you see a lot open up? We always book balcony rooms and this is a 10 night cruise so its a must, however not $1200 more then Carnival must.

So on Wed. you were not ready but 2 days later you are at $1500 MORE , good luck.

Most experienced cruisers understand that you can book a cruise and have your agent reserve that cruise and deposit can be made within three days. That means you have three days to make up your mind while the cabin is being held in your name. Using an agent allows you to lock in the price while you decide.

So on Wed. you were not ready but 2 days later you are at $1500 MORE , good luck.

I decided on Monday we were going to cruise in February, so yes wasn't ready. Needed to decide which week for work and school and then what itinerary. Plus never heard of MSC until I was looking at itineraries, so had to do research.

Most experienced cruisers understand that you can book a cruise and have your agent reserve that cruise and deposit can be made within three days. That means you have three days to make up your mind while the cabin is being held in your name. Using an agent allows you to lock in the price while you decide.

I know that but had no knowledge of MSC. Decided on Monday we were going to take a cruise in February so then it became looking for the best itinerary. Narrowed it down to two but I guess I snoozed I lose.

I see the Feb 21st 10 night at $2588, for two, for a Fantastica balcony, pretty much normal for this itinerary. It's possible the Fantasticas went up a few dollars when the Bellas sold out, but I don't think at any time any balcony was ever $1500 less.

I see the Feb 21st 10 night at $2588, for two, for a Fantastica balcony, pretty much normal for this itinerary. It's possible the Fantasticas went up a few dollars when the Bellas sold out, but I don't think at any time any balcony was ever $1500 less.

I just found it also. We need 2 cabins so booking this one as we type. Thanks for the heads up!