Blogging While Traveling.....

wildcatginny

I started blogging in 2010 on a trip to NYC.... it can be challenging getting the wifi strength to upload photos while traveling.....

We had a wonderful Danube cruise.... my blog for that one is

www.virginia2danube.blogspot.com

Recently I realized that BlogSpot no longer supports an app which means that for my upcoming cruise on the Seine I needed another website.... I'm exploring wordpress..... Anyone have any experience with that hosting site... or another? I loved that BlogSpot was free and connected to Google.....

I started blogging in 2010 on a trip to NYC.... it can be challenging getting the wifi strength to upload photos while traveling.....

We had a wonderful Danube cruise.... my blog for that one is

www.virginia2danube.blogspot.com

Recently I realized that BlogSpot no longer supports an app which means that for my upcoming cruise on the Seine I needed another website.... I'm exploring wordpress..... Anyone have any experience with that hosting site... or another? I loved that BlogSpot was free and connected to Google.....

I know what you mean about it being challenging getting the wifi strength to upload photos while traveling, having said that its much better now than it was 10 years ago.

I originally started out on Blogger but moved over to a self-hosted Wordpress, I believe there are plugins which will allow you to still use Google photos and I am sure that I may have done so in the past but being as I am self hosted with unlimited data then its not really an issue for me. I don't think I ended up using Google due to the restraints of the time and WiFi issues, it is so much easier to just upload to my own data base when travelling. The Wordpress app will resize to whatever size you when uploading them. It has worked a treat for me now for several years.

You might find the link below useful should you go down the Wordpress route. :D

https://en.support.wordpress.com/photos-from-google/

Let us know how you get on.

BTW, we are going to Budapest next year so thanks for the link. (y) Your photos are fantastic.