Police Discount with 2 cabins?

Is this discount being offered on your cruise ? I haven't seen any of these discounts offered on any of my cruises in a few years. No senior discount either.

When I used to get a senior discount once in a while it was only on my stateroom not on other rooms my friends booked.

We have a family member sailing with us who is an ex-cop. If we book together, can we get the discount as well, even if we have two cabins?

Only the stateroom that the officer is in will get the discount, assuming there is a police discount.

We have a family member sailing with us who is an ex-cop. If we book together, can we get the discount as well, even if we have two cabins?

Why would a cop or ex-cop get a discount? I'm not being snarky ... I am curious why that would be.

I know one ex-cop that is getting paid to cruise ... but that's another story. Lt. Joe Kenda ... Homicide Hunter.

Why would a cop or ex-cop get a discount? I'm not being snarky ... I am curious why that would be.

I know one ex-cop that is getting paid to cruise ... but that's another story. Lt. Joe Kenda ... Homicide Hunter.

I agree. Thanks for your service, but why should they get a discount?

Do firefighters get a discount when cruising? Do Doctors & Nurses get a discount when cruising? It could go on forever. Teachers ... do the overwhelmingly overworked and underpaid teachers get a discount?

Do firefighters get a discount when cruising? Do Doctors & Nurses get a discount when cruising? It could go on forever. Teachers ... do the overwhelmingly overworked and underpaid teachers get a discount?
My above comment was joking

but all of these get discounts depending on what cruiseline or TA they book with

Age 55+ Discounts

EMT Discounts

Firefighter Discounts

Interline Discounts

Military Discounts

Past-Guest Discounts

Police Discounts

Singles Discounts

Teacher Discounts

There may be others but I’m only familiar with one cruiseline that offers a military discount on every cruise. That’s a true discount and it shows appreciation for those that served.

All the other discounts are simply ways for the cruiseline to demographically isolate customers. They do this so that may selectively offer discounts to a certain number of potential passengers to help fill ships without having to worry about large numbers of people calling in for price drops.

I just compared, no discount with senior and police "discount!" Unreal!

On the RC page https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/

chose more filters to find cruises with Police /Fire discounts

4PF8vR.jpg

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/qualifications-special-pricing

To qualify for a police/fire department rate, an individual must qualify under the following:

1. At least one guest in the stateroom must be an active or retired employee or volunteer of a local or state law enforcement agency, fire department or Emergency Medical Services unit in the United States or Canada.
  2. Qualified guests must present valid proof of employment (badge or ID) plus a second form of identification when boarding the ship. The offer is not valid where restricted by applicable law.
  3. All guests traveling in the same stateroom are eligible to receive the police/fire rate. No additional staterooms, other than the one that is occupied by the qualified person is eligible for the police/fire rate. Spouses, parents, in-laws, children or other family members or friends are not eligible for the rate without the eligible person occupying the stateroom.

Edited by AlanF65

On the RC page https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/

chose more filters to find cruises with Police /Fire discounts

4PF8vR.jpg

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/qualifications-special-pricing

Unfortunately it’s been many years since you could actually search for cruises and get only a list of cruises that had the discounts available. Selecting the appropriate discount still returns all cruises and you have no way of knowing which ones have had any discount applied to them. Also quite often the discount may only be on one specific category.

If they offered a senior discount, almost all of us would get it and then it would just be the price.

JB

:D:D:D

They do ask if you are a senior when you are picking your cruise I did a BOGO a few weeks ago and the net discount was close to 33% off the total, not 25% but the invoice just shows BOGO

Unfortunately it’s been many years since you could actually search for cruises and get only a list of cruises that had the discounts available. Selecting the appropriate discount still returns all cruises and you have no way of knowing which ones have had any discount applied to them. Also quite often the discount may only be on one specific category.

For drill I just tired the cruise I am and with the "labor Day sale and Police Discount and BOGO its a $500 price increase from yesterday when I was checking to see if the price had gone down.

My above comment was joking

but all of these get discounts depending on what cruiseline or TA they book with

Age 55+ Discounts

EMT Discounts

Firefighter Discounts

Interline Discounts

Military Discounts

Past-Guest Discounts

Police Discounts

Singles Discounts

Teacher Discounts

What I have found with Royal Caribbean is that even the sale discounts aren't a discount.

They do ask if you are a senior when you are picking your cruise I did a BOGO a few weeks ago and the net discount was close to 33% off the total, not 25% but the invoice just shows BOGO

Getting a Senior discount don't think shows a percent. Would show a code listed on your invoice like "Senior Disc". I got 3-4 Military ones last year and is listed as "Military Disc" showing amount off which I got $511.50 off that sailing. My recent sailing shows following discounts applied: Single Special, CAS Balc Suite, BOGO50 & Military Disc.

I have say, We have been cruising on Royal Caribbean since 2002 the only discount we have received is New York residents, and of course the balcony discount for being a diamond/diamond plus member. Even thought I would qualify for military or police discount. Those discounts are few and far between for any of the cruises we have booked. The only cruise line we have used that offers a discount or onboard credit is Princess.