PelicanBill

Florence and Disturbance over Bahamas

Starting a new thread since we have a new named storm. Florence is located just west of the Cape Verde Islands. It is forecast to remain a tropical storm and travel NW and then turn N staying in open Atlantic waters, well clear of all cruise concerns including Bermuda.

Disturbance #1 is located just north of Haiti and is forecast to travel NW over the keys and tip of Florida and enter the Gulf, where conditions are more favorable for development. It is forecast to have a moderate (40%) chance to develop further. Interests all along the Gulf coast should pay attention.

Update for Sunday. Florence still only a tropical storm and not forecast to get stronger, and still well out to sea for days.

Disturbance 1 is drifting north of Cuba in the lower Bahamas now, still forecast to cross into the Gulf, with a now increased change (80%) of becoming a cyclone storm. Keep an eye out next few days.

My cruise is 10 days away, but I suspect I may be watching yet unnamed Helena and Iassac.

[quote name='BillOh']My cruise is 10 days away, but I suspect I may be watching yet unnamed Helena and Iassac.[/quote]

I think so too. What is your departure port?