Voyager itinerary dep 12th March totally changed

jabbawocky

I'm glad to see others supporting my position that a cruise line does not have the right to change the ENTIRE itinerary without reason other than their own profit, and fail to refund the entire amount paid to them plus whatever non-refundable charges they have incurred with airlines and hotels.I do not believe regent's position would hold up in court. In any event it should not. And I (for one) will not book them again unless they fully resolve this situation.

Not only I agree, I go further than you. Because of the additional costs incurred due to this stop, even if they just substitute one port ,the pax should be able to cancel the cruise without any penalty. Note that even if the pax doesn't want to leave the ship and go into Havana, they have to pay the visa fee, plus sign a ridiculous document that's not true.

Not only I agree, I go further than you. Because of the additional costs incurred due to this stop, even if they just substitute one port ,the pax should be able to cancel the cruise without any penalty. Note that even if the pax doesn't want to leave the ship and go into Havana, they have to pay the visa fee, plus sign a ridiculous document that's not true.

Thank you for your comments and you are so on point. We were angry because we had purchased one cruise in good faith and then were being handed a completely different product. If we had wanted the cruise that they offered to switch us to we would have chosen it in the first place. I had never even thought of some of the implications that Cruiseluv has brought into the discussion. I am actually surprised that this subject has come up yet again and this is part of the problem. It will be interesting to see how things evolve.

papaflamingo, it is helpful that you are familiar with different cruise lines. It helps you to see similarities as well as differences between cruise lines. One cruise line that we have sailed on cancels cruises during the year because they suddenly get a charter which is also very frustrating.

It would be nice to see Regent offer a change in cruises without penalty.

TC, as you say it does happen on other cruise lines. There was a recent thread regarding complete and fairly last minute cancellation of a full cruise because of a sudden chartering of the ship. The passengers were offered OBC to change to another cruise and application of full fare to the new cruise. Problem was, as I understood it, the new cruise would be booked at the current rate, not the rate the original cruise was booked at, increasing the cost of the cruise, and that cabin type and location would be what was remaining, not what was originally booked on the original cruise. I think after lot's of correspondence, the passenger was able to receive a full refund with a small credit to be applied to a future cruise.

On the other hand, Royal Caribbean had a port change due to necessary repairs. They spent 2 days in Nassau. Everyone got $350 OBC PLUS significant money to be applied to a future cruise! So it seems a generous resolution is not impossible.

I will say, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But the comment "I will never book Regent again" because of this is, IMHO, an overreaction. If this was the norm, then yes. But this seems from all comments, to be unusual. Plus it happens, more frequently I presume, on other cruise lines. I am interested if Regent makes further restitution to the TS. They should work something out that is seen as fair and equitable.