New Menu rollout....Any info yet?

jewliana

Just wondering if anyone has seen the new menus or better yet experienced them? Also, what nights are formal on 7 week cruises. We will be doing the Horizon out of Miami in December and would like to nail down our specialty dining dates. Thanks in advance for any help!

Oops We are doing the Horizon later this month..Meant to say the Bliss in December. Thank you!!

There are no formal nights. NCL embraces the “dress up or not” philosophy of freestyle crusing. All complimentary restaurants allow shorts for all meals. The only restaurants that require long pants (e.g., jeans, dockers) is Ocean Blue and Le Bistro.

NCL rotates through 14 different menus in the MDR.

Bliss specialty dining menus (which are slightly different from the rest of the fleet) and can be found on this link https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2641186

Examples of the new MDR menus can be found on https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56779045&postcount=94

There are no formal nights. NCL embraces the “dress up or not” philosophy of freestyle crusing. All complimentary restaurants allow shorts for all meals. The only restaurants that require long pants (e.g., jeans, dockers) is Ocean Blue and Le Bistro.

Bliss specialty dining menus (which are slightly different from the rest of the fleet) and can be found on this link https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2641186

Examples of the new MDR menus can be found on https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56779045&postcount=94

Thank you, BirdTravels. I remembered that you had posted the menu examples but then I couldn't find the thread.

Thank you, BirdTravels. I remembered that you had posted the menu examples but then I couldn't find the thread.

The Bliss specialty menus may be close to the new specialty menus being deployed fleet wide. This is pure speculation, but that is what NCL has done in the past when they launched the Getaway and Escape.

Also, MDR menus are regional. So those pictured would be a Caribbean menu.

Thanks for posting.

I really really really hope we have the old speciality dining menus on the final med sailing on the Epic this year, new menus are ok but I want one last time with the old ones.

I would be very surprised if you don’t have the old menus. In the past, changes to the menus have usually been slow to reach Europe.

My guess would be that any changes to the Epics menus will happen over the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be very surprised if you don’t have the old menus. In the past, changes to the menus have usually been slow to reach Europe.

My guess would be that any changes to the Epics menus will happen over the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beg to differ-

I clicked thru to that other link and saw the picture of the weirdly paired roast beef dinner I had on the Epic the first week of August (Europe). They had comment cards out for many of the dinner services. The food was good but there were some odd pairings, like corn on the cob with prime rib and a sirloin steak with baked potato was beef sliced similar to roast beef and then a Yukon Gold potato with a smige of butter and sour cream on it- nothing like what I had in my mind when I ordered it. Perhaps Europeans have a different picture than Americans when those dinner descriptions are used. They did have a fantastic cheese plate listed as an app that I kept thru dinner and ate as a cheese course at the end. I suggested they list it as a dessert instead f an app. Why would you pick up a corn cobbette with your fingers in a nice dining room?

Beg to differ-

I clicked thru to that other link and saw the picture of the weirdly paired roast beef dinner I had on the Epic the first week of August (Europe). They had comment cards out for many of the dinner services. The food was good but there were some odd pairings, like corn on the cob with prime rib and a sirloin steak with baked potato was beef sliced similar to roast beef and then a Yukon Gold potato with a smige of butter and sour cream on it- nothing like what I had in my mind when I ordered it. Perhaps Europeans have a different picture than Americans when those dinner descriptions are used. They did have a fantastic cheese plate listed as an app that I kept thru dinner and ate as a cheese course at the end. I suggested they list it as a dessert instead f an app. Why would you pick up a corn cobbette with your fingers in a nice dining room?

From what I can remember, they've been serving prime rib with corn on the cob for years. You can always ask for something else if you don't care for corn - it's not a big deal (or cut the corn off the cob).

Beg to differ-

The Prime Rib and Corn on the Cob combo has been served on all of the NCL Caribbean sailings that I've been on.

Beg to differ-

Why would they serve ribs on formal nights? I’ve seen that also...and I have to insist DH not order them, lol

At our M & G on the Dawn last week the Head Chef told us they were debuting the new menus in the MDR during that week.

Sorry I don't have details or pictures as we had Specialty Restaurants every night which had the same menus we have had on prior sailings.

Hoping that having this thread 'bumped' up will bring someone with photos of the new MDR menus.

On the Getaway right now. I would post picks from Tropicana last night, but Photobucket and I are having difficulties 😂. The menu of “Classic Entrees” seemed similar to BirdTravels report a few weeks ago. The Featured Entrees included beef sirloin medallions (yum), chicken piccata, grilled Atlantic salmon, sautéed shrimp scampi (looked very good), and pork spare ribs. My DW has picked the baked ziti and hated it.

Lamb Chops are GONE from Moderno. I just learned this last week on Getaway. So disappointing, that is the only meat i really ate there.

:eek::eek:Can anyone please verify if this is true? :eek:And if it is a permanent and fleet wide change? We are going on the Escape in November.

When we sailed on the Getaway 3 years ago, lamb chop was on the menu in MRD one night, now they are not even going to have it in a specialty restaurant? They took away my favorite duck breast dish in La Bistro two years ago, now they are taking away lamb chop from Moderno???? The cutback is unbelievable!