NEW as Diamond Class - need updates/rules.

Welly9

Q's -

1. Is Diamond Lounge open 24 hrs?

2. Drinks are free in DL, all day and night?

3. Free drinks outside of DL, during anytime? any bar? I hear 3 drinks per?

What other secrets or rules and pluses??

:D

Yes, the Diamond Lounge is open 24/7.

NO drinks are not available all day long. ONLY during cocktail hours - usually 30 minutes before first dinner seating start, and the start of second seating. So about 3.5 hours each night.

3 drinks are loaded on your SeaPass card each day. You can only use them during the same hours that the Diamond Lounge has free drinks. The drinks are only from a specific list - no frozen or blender drinks. Good at most bars with a few exceptions.

Please remember that the drinks are free, but the service is not. We usually tip our bar tenders $1 per drink. They really appreciate this.

Q's -

1. Is Diamond Lounge open 24 hrs? Yes

2. Drinks are free in DL, all day and night? Only for 3 1/2 Hrs. Most likely 4:30 - 8:00 (Depending on ship.)

3. Free drinks outside of DL, during anytime? any bar? I hear 3 drinks per? 3 Per at any bar during same hours as free drinks in DL

What other secrets or rules and pluses?? Continental Breakfast in DL in a.m. Coffee throughout day and Cocktail Snacks in evening to accompany drinks. Enjoy!

:cool:

As far as when the 3 1/2 hours are, I would say that it is roughly split between ships that have 4:30 to 8:00 and 5:00 to 8:30.

As stated, it is tied to the times of traditional dining: The "happy hours" begin one hour before main seating and end at the time of second seating.

Q's -

1. Is Diamond Lounge open 24 hrs?

2. Drinks are free in DL, all day and night?

3. Free drinks outside of DL, during anytime? any bar? I hear 3 drinks per?

What other secrets or rules and pluses??

If there are two of you, each gets a free picture from the photo gallery. Many times they also give you the full ship photo as well.

2. Drinks are free in DL, all day and night?:D

Were you asking about non-alcoholic drinks, perhaps? Probably not, but I will just add that the only non-alcoholic drinks I have seen are pitchers of iced water and glasses, plus the coffee machine, but nothing more than that (like sodas, juices, etc.)

Going on B2B on Adventure in 3 weeks (yippee!) New to Diamond status. I have read they have specialty coffee in the DL. Is it like cappacino, etc? What hours is the specialty coffee available? Trying to avoid bringing my own flavored creamer. I know about using hot chocolate but also looking for other options. Thanks

Going on B2B on Adventure in 3 weeks (yippee!) New to Diamond status. I have read they have specialty coffee in the DL. Is it like cappacino' date=' etc? What hours is the specialty coffee available? Trying to avoid bringing my own flavored creamer. I know about using hot chocolate but also looking for other options. Thanks[/quote']

Yes, the coffee in the DL includes cappucino, espresso, and latte type drinks. These come from a self-serve machine, to which you have 24/7 access. You will also be fortunate if the coffee machine is functional 24/7.

Thank you!

Ok more Q's - the 3 drinks on the card are for outside DL ? Including at dinner?

Drinks in the DL don't effect the 3 on the card?

Correct, except that some ships won't do the drink vouchers at dinner.

Thank you!

Ok more Q's - the 3 drinks on the card are for outside DL ?

Yes

Including at dinner?

No, but this past cruse DW excused herself midway through dinner for a visit to the Champaign bar and brought it back into dinner.

Correct. There is no accounting of drinks in the lounge. They don’t run your sea pass or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Ok more Q's - the 3 drinks on the card are for outside DL ? Including at dinner?

As Bob said, some ships allow the use of vouchers in the restaurants; some do not. You won't know until you board.

And if you have second seating, you will not be able to use the vouchers, because "drink time" will be over.

Most people just get a last drink in the Lounge or at a bar and carry it into the dining room with them. Much easier, and frankly, faster.

You may have unlimited drinks while you are in the Lounge. The 3-drink limit applies to using the vouchers outside the Lounge.

So there are no mixed drinks or juices in the diamond or suite lounge? What about juices in the morning? Also, no mixed drinks with the vouchers? :eek:

Mixed drinks are available but limited t the list shown by MM. Some juices are available with the morning breakfast. Same mixed drinks on the vouchers as in the lounge.