Best food for money on 3-5 day Caribbean c

scoo552

My parents and I are looking to take a 3-5 day cruise starting in Florida and going to the Bahamas. We will probably want to get a suite that will fit all 3 of us, but our priority is actually the food. It doesn’t need to be super-experimental cuisine, but we’d like to go on a cruise with the best food possible (in terms of main dining room and Lido).

From the Cruise Critic Choice Awards for 2018, it looks like most of the choices were Celebrity or Royal Carribean. The surprising thing was that the Celebrity starting prices were lower, even though I understand Celebrity to be higher-tier than Royal Carribean.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could recommend the best value for food on a cruise line that has some shorter itineraries. We’re looking to spend around $500 to $700 a person, and would be willing to go on a shorter cruise if it meant we could go on a cruise line with better food. The only other consideration is that we want to get a room that could fit 3 people.

I would appreciate any advice that anyone can provide.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

All of the cruise lines have cabins for 3. Food is so subjective...hard to tell what will suit you. I don't find any of the food to be more than 2 -3 star quality....cruise food is NOT how it used to be....think Chilis/Applebees fare....unless you're doing a "specialty" restaurant...then you might get nearer to Ruth Chris sort of stuff.....close, but not exactly...

We just booked a "Spacious Ocean View" on Anthem of the Seas for our family of 4. I don't know if all RC ships offer this type, but it looks very roomy without the price tag of a suite ;)

Many cabins will sleep 3, but it may be questionable if they will sleep 3 adults comfortably. I suggest looking at the deck plans and searching for pictures/video of rooms that look promising. A suite shouldn't be necessary, but a balcony might be nice. Ship's spa/fitness areas often have showers/locker rooms that are larger than the cabin restroom if someone wants to shower there also.

Food is extremely subjective, but for the mainstream lines I have heard better about Celebrity than most of the others. Based on your budget and itinerary I'm guessing you are primarily interested in the mass market lines.

I've also heard good things about Holland America food and mixed about Princess (although I've read very mixed about RC too).