Heard changes to Loyalty Program to be announced @ 2018 prez cuise - rumours???

our Brilliance Loyalty person on Brilliance 9/1/18 Transatlantic told us changes to C&A program will be announced on President ‘s cruise September 2018 ( which we are not on ) and wondered who might have heard of possible chanes. She had no news or effective daye specifics. Thoughts guys? Such as - new tier higher than pinnacle - more points or less benefits for 700 pt current pinnacle etc ?

Thanks ;)

We were talking about this at the end of our last cruise. Given how much more Star & Sky Class Suites are (compared to suites on other ships), as well as different benefits being offered for each, I think we will see a change over to a Celebrity based loyalty system. Maybe even additional points for spending on board (1 point per $500 or $1000?) I really hope the roll out is a little bit later for purely selfish reasons, but I think that the change is coming sooner rather than later.

I didn’t know that Celebrity tied a $$ amount in. Several years ago Delta Airlines started including a dollar threshold as part of their program. In addition to Medallian Qualification Miles (MQMs) you also had to achieve medallian qualification DOLLARSs...(MQDs)...this was because folks would take a lot of really cheap flights to get their status up and Delta would end up ‘loosing money’ on the associated perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait and see is a much better idea than endless second guessing...

Sent from my SM-J530F using Forums mobile app

Some people may enjoy guessing. Some may enjoy reading the speculation and many who don't won't even come into the thread, then there are the people who feel the need to critique posts.

I didn’t know that Celebrity tied a $$ amount in. Several years ago Delta Airlines started including a dollar threshold as part of their program. In addition to Medallian Qualification Miles (MQMs) you also had to achieve medallian qualification DOLLARSs...(MQDs)...this was because folks would take a lot of really cheap flights to get their status up and Delta would end up ‘loosing money’ on the associated perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, meant more for the points per night, which in turn is revenue driven. The mega suites get 9x the amount of points that an inside or oceanview gets versus on RCI’s current program, JS and up gets double.

Recently we went to a breakfast hosted by our travel agent, for all of their Diamond's and up. A representative from Royal was there, and it was brought up that a new level was coming.

Everyone at our table said sure, we've heard it before. None of us believed it.

It sounded like an additional lower level, and not between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle.

Is it possible???

Recently we went to a breakfast hosted by our travel agent, for all of their Diamond's and up. A representative from Royal was there, and it was brought up that a new level was coming.

Everyone at our table said sure, we've heard it before. None of us believed it.

It sounded like an additional lower level, and not between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle.

Is it possible???

I would be surprised if they add a new level but it would make sense and that level would have to be above Diamond, since the levels below Diamond are already only 25-27 points apart. However, it is 95 points from Diamond to D+ and 525 points from d+ to Pinnacle. It would make sense to restructure the levels between 80 and 699 points and that might be part of an effort to reduce overcrowding at Diamond Clubs. One other thing that is worth pointing out is that Zenith members on Celebrity have access to Michael's Club (their Suite Lounge) but do not have access to Luminae (their Suite Restaurant). On the other hand, people in Sky Suites (their equivalent to Junior Suites) do have access to both Luminae and to Michael's Club. Royal could follow Celebrity's lead and shut Pinnacle's who are not in suites out of Coastal Kitchen to make way for providing full access to people in Junior Suites. Of course, that move would coincide with a price increase for Junior Suites and, therefore, bring in revenue. When it was first announced that people in Sky Suites would be allowed into Michael's Club, everyone thought that Michael's Club would become overcrowded but that never really happened. So, that might encourage Royal might to do the same thing for the revenue from higher prices for Junior Suites.

Perhaps the OP is just fishing to see how long the thread can get.

Nothing riles up the local like talk about playing with their loyalty program.

We'll check back at the end of September.

First of October more likely [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There may well be changes coming but I doubt that they would be announced on the Presidents Cruise as it tends to be an upbeat event and I sure cannot imagine any changes that would be welcomed by everybody.

For sure. I can't imagine the president would want to be on a cruise when major changes to C&A are being revealed.