Heard changes to Loyalty Program to be announced @ 2018 prez cuise - rumours???

What one also has to remember is that cruise lines sail full the majority of the time. So many people on here and other social media sites say they will never sail again whether it is change in policy i.e. Drink package requirements , non refundable deposits, final payment changes, poor treAtment etc. So if changes are coming and people are unhappy and stop cruising rc, there will always be other paying passengers to take their place.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My guess is the focus will be on Diamonds, way to many of us. Our last transatlantic on Allure they used Jazz on 4, Blaze and Dazzles as the nightly cocktail area. Shutting those venues down for 3.5 hours each night upsets a lot of non diamond cruisers. Would guess Diamonds will get the vouchers to use and D+ will have access to the lounge and appetizers each night.

What one also has to remember is that cruise lines sail full the majority of the time. So many people on here and other social media sites say they will never sail again whether it is change in policy i.e. Drink package requirements , non refundable deposits, final payment changes, poor treAtment etc. So if changes are coming and people are unhappy and stop cruising rc, there will always be other paying passengers to take their place.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Perhaps - Perhaps not. I fully agree with your basic premise but more and bigger ships are sailing every year thus the need for more and more passengers. The competition for passengers is at a point where cruise lines are tapping the Asian and European markets to fill their ships. Somewhere there will be a saturation point.

The cheapest cabin. Times 100 or more. Nothing "cheap" about making Pinnacle.

I agree. We always do Balconies, have spent 100s's of thousands of $$ on Royal over the years. I always laugh at the SUITE people b/c their first cruise they spend $10k. Have any idea how much I have spent to get to D+. Guessing NOT! And I NEVER book suites. Just plain balconies and back in the day it was inside or oceanview b/c that was all we could afford.

My guess is the focus will be on Diamonds, way to many of us. Our last transatlantic on Allure they used Jazz on 4, Blaze and Dazzles as the nightly cocktail area. Shutting those venues down for 3.5 hours each night upsets a lot of non diamond cruisers. Would guess Diamonds will get the vouchers to use and D+ will have access to the lounge and appetizers each night.

Many D+ probably wishing for this change. But remember, Diamonds our number D+.

You would fix the lounge crowing issues by limiting drinks to 3 just like the vouchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I heard that a Baileys a huge Nascar fan and he’s stealing a page from their All Star Race playbook. He’s going to invert the field. All golds will now be a Pinnacle and Pinnacle will be Gold.:eek:

Really expecting nothing to happen...just more of the same rumours that have been floating around for many years.

The biggest complaint with crowding seems to apply to those cheaper TA cruises. My Allure cruise at Easter was like a morgue and if it wasn't for the kids it would have been worse.

Just came off Anthem and yes it was crowded, but it was taken care of with the overflow to the Music Hall. The happy hour was from 4:30 to 8PM. One thing that I noticed on the first night, everyone had to show their sea pass to the Concierge to be sure that they belonged. Also, during our 45 minutes there, the waiters also asked to see the sea pass. I guess they have had problems with interlopers.

I was not able to cruise for several years because my wife had Alzheimer disease. RCCL had been our cruise line of choice. After she passed away I began cruising again with RCCL. Had my C & A status been taken away I probably would not be cruising with them now. Partially because I appreciate the perks but mainly cause I feel penalizing a valued customer because of a serious illness is a crappy thing to do.

The intent of the C & A program is to encourage the participants spend their dollars with RCCL ~ Why would they want to do otherwise.

Totally agree!!!

Health issues affect anyone and to lose a status due to not being Able to cruise doesn't seem fair. Then is one did cruise later when Able there would be no incentive to stay with RCL.

Maybe the announcement will deal with the pricing of the seafood towers at Chops. Noticed, the small is priced at $19 and the large at $39. The descriptions indicates that the large has exactly twice the items, eg; clams, mussels, lobster tail, etc. of the smaller one. On our recent dine at Chops on Anthem, asked the waiter what is extra for the add'l $1--he said with a smile--absolutely none. I made a remark that RCL's accountants don't know how to add or multiply. He simply laughed.

Has anyone ordered the small or large seafood tower that they can shed some light..

The biggest complaint with crowding seems to apply to those cheaper TA cruises. My Allure cruise at Easter was like a morgue and if it wasn't for the kids it would have been worse.

Just came off Anthem and yes it was crowded, but it was taken care of with the overflow to the Music Hall. The happy hour was from 4:30 to 8PM. One thing that I noticed on the first night, everyone had to show their sea pass to the Concierge to be sure that they belonged. Also, during our 45 minutes there, the waiters also asked to see the sea pass. I guess they have had problems with interlopers.

The reason is that anyone can walk into the DL from the Music Hall

The reason is that anyone can walk into the DL from the Music Hall

Only on the 1st night. Rest of the 9 nights was the usual, scan your sea pass and walk in and the Concierge would look up and nod/smile. No further checking of sea pass by waiters/waitresses.

The cheapest cabin. Times 100 or more. Nothing "cheap" about making Pinnacle.

Most of the pinnacles I have met live near a departure point. They can cruise with no airfare to deal with. Hence, they can take 5 or 6 “cheap” cabins where I have to fly to most departure points.

I hope they address giving out the same discounts to all as diamond plus. If you can find a drink package sale that comes close or same as 30% off then this is NOT a diamond plus perk only. If ships are offering bogo to all, then this is not just a diamond plus perk.

Unrelated to reality or what I ever expect to happen, I wish they'd drop the drink voucher/Diamond Club drink thing entirely and restructure those onboard offers a bit. As mentioned the 20%, 25% and 30% off deals are pretty much the norm throughout the pre-sailing period, so the 30%-off deal available onboard is just the "best discount" that gets offered earlier to anyone. Give me the option of taking that 3-drink/day Diamond Club drink voucher towards just buying the full drink package. Or even just include the refreshment package for all Diamond+ and offer a Deluxe Beverage Upgrade of $20-$25/day purchasable anytime, earlier or onboard, without all the nonsense of the "sale pricing." The overcrowded/expanded "Diamond Lounge" during cocktail hour just feels cheap and poorly organized, and, well, it feels cheap with everyone rushing to get "free" drinks, too. Some dignity returning to the tiers would be nice to see.

Most of the pinnacles I have met live near a departure point. They can cruise with no airfare to deal with. Hence, they can take 5 or 6 “cheap” cabins where I have to fly to most departure points.
Life is a trade off of choices

I live near Pt Canaveral

I've also flown all over the world this year to catch several cruises

Just got my Delta Silver status back after a several year hiatus.

When I lost status, I didn't quit flying Delta

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jazz on 4, Blaze and Dazzles are usually non revenue venues during C&A hours.