ESCAPE - September 9th Bermuda - TS/H Florence

Formula280SS

I bet NCL didn't mind at all. Thats 100 less people to feed, win win for NCL Lol

And we who sailed didn't need the complainers being miserable all week either! But it was funny to watch. I hung around Customer Service a little, then by the gangway, and watched even more leave, luggage in tow, from my balcony! They even had porters helping some of them!

Were all who stayed offered any onboard credit to make up for lost itinerary? I had my HIgh School reunion on a cruise (in between Hurricane Frances and Ivan). We were all given the chance to cancel with refund or stay and receive an onboard credit. But then again, that was another cruise line.

We go through this every year. No one knows where any storm is going to go a week away. In my experience, its always best to be in the cone 7 days out because 5 days later the cone moves away. Its very possible this storm will miss Bermuda completely.

Hope it doesn't impact.

However, fair to say at the least, if booked on our cruise fair to at least be concerned and watch.

I don't know if "we" go through this every year. Agreed, no one knows "with certainty" where any storm will go a week away. However, to ignore the forecast "range of paths" with certainty is not for all.

Hope it works out.

Just a quick FYI.....

If any of you have booked and paid for excursions thru a third party (Non NCL) be sure you bring the contact info with you in the case you need to cancel. I have a boat booked and paid for for Friday and they have a 24 hour cancelation policy. Just in case NCL decides on Sunday we are not going to Bermuda. I'm giving this warning because on our last Bermuda cruise we were a day late. I ran into a number of people who had not canceled their excursions for the day and were charged the full amount. Just because the ship does not make it don't assume the company you are booking with will automatically cancel and refund your money.

Were all who stayed offered any onboard credit to make up for lost itinerary? I had my HIgh School reunion on a cruise (in between Hurricane Frances and Ivan). We were all given the chance to cancel with refund or stay and receive an onboard credit. But then again, that was another cruise line.

$100 of shipboard credit each. That's the reason I spent eighteen months going back and forth with their customer service department about.

We're on Dawn to Bermuda in two days now. I cannot imagine stomping off the boat because the captain chose not to put us in danger. The WORST that can happen is that we spend seven days resting and drinking on board rather than harvesting and processing the food gardens. Not bad!
See you Friday!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Florence is taking an unfortunate wobble in today's updated path forecast, and it strengthened further, defying the models and forecasters, all of whom did not see it coming. The site I like to use for path studying has windfields and now shows Bermuda just at the edge of the 5 day path. I sure hope it finds a way to swizzle, and mean fizzle out. Note if the path and pace hold, we are looking at Bermuda being affected about September 12-13.

AL062018lts.gif?1068317655

So who's ready for Nassau? I know I am. Even if Flo doesn't hit Bermuda directly, the surrounding seas will not be fun.

I can recommend a lovely place with an outdoor terrace overlooking the waterfront in Nassau. Giant strong drinks for not much money and good food. I found it when we went to Nassau instead of hurricane-threatened Bermuda 2 years ago!

I'm ready. As long as we don't sail into danger, I am going to have a fun cruise. I want Bermuda, but will be very happy with every other possible itinerary change. I've done them all and I love them all. The only itinerary I've never done is a cruise-to-nowhere. Since I've never been on The Escape, and it's quite large, that can be a destination in itself.

My famous last words are: A cruise is what you make of it.

Have fun everyone and stay safe.

I am on the 9th sailing on Escape. I have been to Bermuda 7 times but just love the Island and would be disappointed if we don't make it but I am good for anywhere but that lousy Florida, Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay route. I have invested $9,100 for 3 cabins and would not feel I got my monies worth going to Florida etc.

People are packing for warm weather so hopefully they don't say well we are going to new England instead.

I decided to book the Escape to Bermuda for mid-October, knowing full well that the height of hurricane season could be a factor. I decided that as long as I am on a cruise ship, I will be happy! I have the UBP, so I am good to go wherever! :p

I will probably be tracking storm activity as we get closer all the same. I am an information junkie.

I'm headed out of Baltimore on the 9th to Bermuda too. Looks like the same concerns. Our ship is due to dock in Bermuda on the 12th (same day forecasts have Florence hitting Bermuda).

I have never been there because the cost is a lot higher than going to other places like the Bahamas etc. I even splurged for a balcony room. I have been so looking forward to this trip for the last 9 months.

from what everyone is saying, they will more than likely head south as Florence is headed north west. I just hope like heck that we don't go to New England as everything in my suitcase is beach wear!

I can recommend a lovely place with an outdoor terrace overlooking the waterfront in Nassau. Giant strong drinks for not much money and good food. I found it when we went to Nassau instead of hurricane-threatened Bermuda 2 years ago!

I would love to hear about this place just in case.

October of 2016 we were booked to sail to Bermuda with Hurricane Nicole nearing the island. We boarded at regular time, had our muster drill, then we were told that "Bermuda was not an option". So we overnighted in New York and sailed out at about 8 in the morning to Cape Canaveral and a 6 hour stop in Nassau.

When you overnighted in NYC, did you stay in the harbor or anchor out at sea?

Thanks for your reply!

I would love to hear about this place just in case.

Yes, please. We'd never been to Bermuda, and it appears we still won't. I was raised in Florida and lived in Orlando for eleven years so have zero interest in that. But Nassau would be new for us, too. I only hope we don't go north since Canada and New England are the only other cruise we've gotten to take!

Call me crazy but I think it would be fun just sailing all around and away from a hurricane. Give me all the sea days I can take.

Yea, thats crazy Lol. A ship or us is less of a destination and more of a vehicle to get from point A to point B and back

Models are showing her in a variety of places. Sadly, Bermuda is right in the middle of all of it. She is approximately 1350 miles from Bermuda or the distance from Washington state to Colorado. Currently moving at 13mph.

41007355_10156415120445491_3123676671534694400_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=79509b2f105e0eedc713654eb7ac243b&oe=5BF2A8F2

Yea, thats crazy Lol. A ship or us is less of a destination and more of a vehicle to get from point A to point B and back

Models are showing her in a variety of places. Sadly, Bermuda is right in the middle of all of it. She is approximately 1350 miles from Bermuda or the distance from Washington state to Colorado. Currently moving at 13mph.

41007355_10156415120445491_3123676671534694400_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=79509b2f105e0eedc713654eb7ac243b&oe=5BF2A8F2

Thanks for the update. We'll wait and see.