new drinks packages

zippy11

Here is a link to the current drinks package.  The limit is increased to $12 per drink and the wait time is reduced to 10 minutes.  Alcohol is served in one ounce, but it looks like you can double to 2 ounces if $12.00 or under.

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/WoD_Beer_Spirits_Flyer.pdf

Each adult assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the Beers, Wines & Spirits Option. Sharing of the Option is not permitted.
All Drink Options are only available on voyages of five nights or more, available for purchase on the first two days of the voyage and must be purchased for all remaining days of your voyage.
Strictly non-refundable or transferable once purchased on board.
Alcoholic drinks are limited to a total of 15 beverages per 24 hour period (6.00am to 6.00am).
Minimum purchase age 18. Age limits for service or purchase of alcohol depend on the applicable law of different ports of call.
Only one drink at a time may be ordered (minimum 10 minutes between orders).
Wine will be served in 150ml measures and spirits will
be served in 1oz measures with mixer of your choice (double measures for spirits only and premium mixers are available on request).

The drinks included in the Beers, Wines & Spirits Option can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet, main restaurants, and alternative dining venues.
All bottles and cans will be served opened.
*Discount does not apply to bottles of wine with a menu price over $150.
Additional terms.
*Where available.
Δ
 CN03000_Drinks packages_A5_Beer Wine and Spirits_DS.indd 2

1 hour ago, markgpearse said:

Only one drink at a time may be ordered (minimum 10 minutes between orders).

Thank you for all the information!

Do you (or does anybody) know if these 10 minutes apply to alcoholic beverages only or to all drinks?

Eg. can one order a glass of wine and a bottle of water at the same time?

26 minutes ago, Bostonjetset said:

Does anyone know if this means one must pay for a cappuccino or a latte in Britannia after dinner?  Haven’t sailed since 2017 and at that time it was complimentary. 

There is no charge for coffee at dinner

15 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

There is no charge for coffee at dinner

Thanks for the reply. I do love a cappuccino after dinner rather than plain drip coffee. Never a deal breaker but it’s always a nice touch not to have to pull out ones room card. 

After comparing the previous terms and conditions for the "Beers, Wines & Spirits" package that I downloaded in December 2018 to the latest terms and conditions, here are the changes I am seeing.

• The $11 limit per serving has increased to $12.
  • Godiva chocolate drinks are now included in this package (they are now included in the "Premium Non-Alcoholic" package as well). The previous terms and conditions listed Godiva chocolate drinks in the category where a 20% discount applied.

There is also new wording concerning how the age restrictions on the package work.

Otherwise everything else looks the same to me. The restrictions on the measures, maximum of 15 drinks per day, and 10 minutes between drinks were in the previous terms and conditions.

I do think it makes good sense that they have increased the limit from $11 to $12 dollars per drink on this package. The free drinks offer which is part of the ongoing Grills Suite promotion in the US has a $12 dollar limit per drink. Aside from the obvious benefit to those purchasing the package, I can imagine the bartenders are pleased that they don't have to deal with two different limits on the drinks prices any more.

• Like 1

Some people are over calculating the whole drink package.  We have sailed on several cruise lines including Viking River and we always get a package.  You don't have to have a drinking problem!  If you can get up in the morning and have a specialty coffee or two and a couple of bottles of water, you've already started to pay for your package.  If you like a beer or glass a wine for lunch and maybe an afternoon poolside cocktail or two you're well underway to pay for it.  In the evening you tell your sommelier or waiter you have the package and they will serve you within the limits of your package.   On our last evening of a TA in June, our sommelier gave us a bottle of sparkling wine on our last evening to take to our room.  We wanted a momisa at breakfast while sailing into New York and our tab would have been closed by that time. We gave it to our waiter and were served liked any other morning. We like to have everything paid for before we sail.  To us, it's worth it.  Cheers!

On 1/15/2020 at 3:13 AM, bluemarble said:

After comparing the previous terms and conditions for the "Beers, Wines & Spirits" package that I downloaded in December 2018 to the latest terms and conditions, here are the changes I am seeing.

• The $11 limit per serving has increased to $12.
  • Godiva chocolate drinks are now included in this package (they are now included in the "Premium Non-Alcoholic" package as well). The previous terms and conditions listed Godiva chocolate drinks in the category where a 20% discount applied.

There is also new wording concerning how the age restrictions on the package work.

Otherwise everything else looks the same to me. The restrictions on the measures, maximum of 15 drinks per day, and 10 minutes between drinks were in the previous terms and conditions.

I do think it makes good sense that they have increased the limit from $11 to $12 dollars per drink on this package. The free drinks offer which is part of the ongoing Grills Suite promotion in the US has a $12 dollar limit per drink. Aside from the obvious benefit to those purchasing the package, I can imagine the bartenders are pleased that they don't have to deal with two different limits on the drinks prices any more.

New t&c also state that you may have double measures for spirits ,  Which was being allowed well before the new flyer came out. 😉

WoD_Beer_Spirits_Flyer.pdf

Edited by Pennbank

1 hour ago, Pennbank said:

New t&c also state that you may have double measures for spirits ,  Which was being allowed well before the new flyer came out. 😉

WoD_Beer_Spirits_Flyer.pdf 926.95 kB · 3 downloads

That was also contained within the 2018 T&C's, along with premium mixers upon request.

Extract from 2018:- 

Wine will be served in 150ml measures and
spirits will be served in 1oz measures with
mixer of your choice (double measures for
spirits only and premium mixers are available
on request).

Edited by jaydee6969

Hi chaps.  Have done several cruises with Carnival, RCI, Celebrity and Princess over the years and now looking forward to our first Cunard cruise - transatlantic eastbound in June.  I have always purchased a soda drinks package with the other lines for myself only as my wife does not care much for soda's.  My question is, is this acceptable for all the non-alcoholic drinks packages or is it a requirement to purchase for both passengers in the same cabin for Cunard ?

Thanks

1 hour ago, carlmm said:

Do the 10 minutes apply to alcoholic beverages only or to all drinks including water?

Eg. can one order a glass of wine and a bottle of water at the same time?

Does anbody know?

The terms and conditions on each of the drinks packages, including the non-alcoholic drinks packages, state "There is a minimum 10 minute wait time between ordering drinks." I have only ever purchased the basic Soft Drinks package and I can tell you that the 10 minute restriction has not been enforced in practice when I was particularly thirsty and ordered two sodas within about five minutes of each other. The bartender didn't scan my card for the second soda tough, so maybe he was bending the rules for me in that case. Since the restriction is stated in the terms and conditions of each of the packages it is not confined to only alcoholic beverages.

So the 10 minute restriction shouldn’t be to much of an impediment with wine.  Just keep those 150mls coming very 10 minutes.  For G&Ts, order the Fever Tree first, wait 10 minutes and order a 2oz gin on the rocks.  LOL.  Be strategic.

On my last crossing.  One Fever Tree would handle two gins on the rocks.

1 hour ago, kevey said:

Hi chaps.  Have done several cruises with Carnival, RCI, Celebrity and Princess over the years and now looking forward to our first Cunard cruise - transatlantic eastbound in June.  I have always purchased a soda drinks package with the other lines for myself only as my wife does not care much for soda's.  My question is, is this acceptable for all the non-alcoholic drinks packages or is it a requirement to purchase for both passengers in the same cabin for Cunard ?

Thanks

The terms and conditions on each of the packages, including the non-alcoholic drinks packages, state that each guest in the same stateroom must purchase the package.

For the alcoholic drinks package (the "Beer, Wines & Spirits" package), the terms and conditions state "Each adult assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the same Drinks Option."

For the basic soda package (the "Soft Drinks" package), the terms and conditions state "Each guest assigned to the same stateroom, with the exception of infants aged 3 years and under, must purchase the same Drinks Option."

Thanks Blue Marble - that's a shame.  Obviously they are more strict than the other lines, although with Princess being part of the same parent company (Carnival), a bit surprised that their rules differ in this respect. 

2 hours ago, markgpearse said:

So the 10 minute restriction shouldn’t be to much of an impediment with wine.  Just keep those 150mls coming very 10 minutes.  For G&Ts, order the Fever Tree first, wait 10 minutes and order a 2oz gin on the rocks.  LOL.  Be strategic.

On my last crossing.  One Fever Tree would handle two gins on the rocks.

Nothing to stop you ordering both Gin and fever tree at same time.

On 1/16/2020 at 5:11 PM, newjoisey said:

It should take less than five minutes with a pen and paper to do the math if these packages are of value to anyone.

I think Cunard have removed all menus containing prices which were previously available online. If I’ve missed any, please post the link as it would be helpful to do as you suggest. Thank you. 

Thank you everybody for your response.

On 1/16/2020 at 2:54 PM, bluemarble said:

Since the restriction is stated in the terms and conditions of each of the packages it is not confined to only alcoholic beverages.

Hm.