Cruise Critic Community
KI Cruiser

Hurricane Florence

NCL Dawn is doing New England/Canada instead of Bermuda. I think that makes more sense than Bahamas. Of course leaving from Boston has something to do with it but ships returning from the Bahamas to New York may run into Florence.

Carnival and Royal Caribbean have not announced any changes yet.

I was thinking the same thing...NE/Canada makes more sense.

We have Anthem booked for late September 2019 to Bermuda and man I wouldn't care if we were sent to Canada/NE. To me the ship is the destination. If I get 50% off and 50% off a future cruise I'd be ecstatic. I also don't want to be in 30 foot seas so they better do the right thing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last year, a 5 night Bermuda out of Baltimore ended up in Bayonne, NJ. :D

Unless the hurricane is threatening the port you are leaving from, they will sail, somewhere.

What on earth did you do in Bayonne? That's disappointing!

As of this morning, Bermuda looks to be a better destination than the Bahamas

204611_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Neither look good to me! But if I were to choose, it would be Bermuda for sure!!

Word is, Grandeur will not dock until Sunday morning (3 days late).

The 9/13 cruise will have a shortened, revised itinerary, but what that will be has not yet been released.

We are scheduled to sail Saturday from Bayonne on 5-day to Bermuda. I have read A LOT of comments by posters on MANY different boards and threads, and the consensus is that Royal C will let booked guests know 2 days ahead of sailing if there's an itinerary change due to severe weather forecast. That would be tomorrow for us. One poster said (jokingly?) that you'll find out when you board the ship. LOL?

We are scheduled to sail Saturday from Bayonne on 5-day to Bermuda. I have read A LOT of comments by posters on MANY different boards and threads, and the consensus is that Royal C will let booked guests know 2 days ahead of sailing if there's an itinerary change due to severe weather forecast. That would be tomorrow for us. One poster said (jokingly?) that you'll find out when you board the ship. LOL?

Sometimes you don’t find out until you board. But I would be optimistic about going to Bermuda.

Word is, Grandeur will not dock until Sunday morning (3 days late).

The 9/13 cruise will have a shortened, revised itinerary, but what that will be has not yet been released.

one post on FB said if you need to you can stay on board until monday morning so i'm guessing next trip leaves monday afternoon

i think only halifax as a stop

one post on FB said if you need to you can stay on board until monday morning so i'm guessing next trip leaves monday afternoon

i think only halifax as a stop

Posted in RCI, the 9/13 cruise is leaving on 9/17. So maybe they are giving themselves an extra day, just in case.

And yes, up to Halifax and back.

Posted in RCI, the 9/13 cruise is leaving on 9/17. So maybe they are giving themselves an extra day, just in case.

And yes, up to Halifax and back.

One stop to Halifax and back? I actually wouldn't that but I can imagine most would. I love Halifax and Canada in general so it wouldn't bother me at all.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk