Classic Drinks,Cocktails

UK Cruiser2

We have just finished a cruise on Eclipse with the Classic Package. Basically you can get pretty well any cocktail on the Classic package - they just use the appropriate bottle of alcohol. Exceptions being Martini bar and the odd drink such as a Baileys. But in these cases you just pay the small additional price. I would say stick with the Classic. There will be plenty of cocktails available to keep you happy. Mudslide and Pina Colada were our favourites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have just finished a cruise on Eclipse with the Classic Package. Basically you can get pretty well any cocktail on the Classic package - they just use the appropriate bottle of alcohol. Exceptions being Martini bar and the odd drink such as a Baileys. But in these cases you just pay the small additional price. I would say stick with the Classic. There will be plenty of cocktails available to keep you happy. Mudslide and Pina Colada were our favourites.

9ec876bd8c9fc569ad7c1a7309c6bf6c.jpg Mudslides

apart from the Martinis at the Martini bar we only found one cocktail that couldn't be made with an alternative spirit. Wait a couple of days to ascertain if the Classic package meets your needs. If it doesn't upgrade

apart from the Martinis at the Martini bar we only found one cocktail that couldn't be made with an alternative spirit. Wait a couple of days to ascertain if the Classic package meets your needs. If it doesn't upgrade

Great advice. Wait and see. We don't upgrade because my wife is a mudslide or whiskey sour type drinker so not necessary. Not a wine drinker as I hear that makes a difference. For the occasional more expensive drink she might want, just paying the difference is cheaper for us.

Also, if you wait and then decide on say day 3, they will only charge you for the remaining days on the cruise.

OP, if your wife enjoys mudslides, suggest that she order a frozen toasted almond. It's similar, but IMHO better! Sometimes I ask that they swirl chocolate around the glass....and it's available on classic package without upcharge.:D

On the Millennium in July, we had the classic package. If we ordered a drink above the limit, they just charged us the difference plus 18% gratuities of the difference. The staff said this was a fleet wide change that went into effect when they increased the price of the premium package.

On the Millennium in July, we had the classic package. If we ordered a drink above the limit, they just charged us the difference plus 18% gratuities of the difference. The staff said this was a fleet wide change that went into effect when they increased the price of the premium package.

True about the difference + 18% being charged. This has been in effect for since approximately March 2017. The premium price just went up a couple of months ago. Whenever, it was a nice change.

OP, if your wife enjoys mudslides, suggest that she order a frozen toasted almond. It's similar, but IMHO better! Sometimes I ask that they swirl chocolate around the glass....and it's available on classic package without upcharge.:D

Hi their! we are on Equinox beginning of Oct what in a frozen toasted almond? I must say its looks lush:cool:

Hi their! we are on Equinox beginning of Oct what in a frozen toasted almond? I must say its looks lush:cool:
Here's a link to the recipe:

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/r...ed-almond-504641#activity-feed

Even though the recipe calls for Baileys and Baileys has been removed from the Classic package, I had many of these since the change and it tasted no different. It's just as yummy as ever!

Edited by Luvcrusn

Even though the recipe calls for Baileys and Baileys has been removed from the Classic package, I had many of these since the change and it tasted no different. It's just as yummy as ever!

That link doesn’t seem to work from the U.K. Try this one instead. https://www.islands.com/frozen-toasted-almond-drink-recipe

I think the classic works for most but I always upgrade to Premium. I am a wine drinker and premium offers more options. I enjoy the martini bar and my pool cocktail is belvedere and soda. No frozen drinks for me so premium is a no brainer for myself. My husband drinks beer but premium is worth it for wine with dinner. You need to assess what works for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We also enjoy wine, however since the changeover allowing guests to pay only the difference +18% and the increase in the upgrade cost to premium we come out way ahead just ordering what we want and paying the difference. It works differently for everyone depending on their drink preferences.

Do they have a replacement for Bailey's, a less expensive Irish Creme, on the Classic package?

IDK But Bailey's is in a frozen toasted almond and I've had quite a few of those since Bailey's removal from classic and couldn't taste any difference.

Hi again! thank you but unable to open link in the UK

:(

IDK But Bailey's is in a frozen toasted almond and I've had quite a few of those since Bailey's removal from classic and couldn't taste any difference.

Its irish cream with what?:cool: