Cruise Critic Community
wwinfl91

Question on B2B and changing cabins

Hi,

We just booked a 29 day B2B. We had already been booked on the 14 day before cruise and now will be joining the 15 day back to the USA cruise. Our TA has warned us that this will require a cabin change as the cabin we have on the first 14 day is already assigned to someone else for the 15 day cruise.

We did a 22 day B2B Seabourn cruise a few years ago and had to change cabins after the first 12 day portion. Seabourn made it really easy as they showed up with a rolling hanging rack usually used for delivering laundry and moved all our hanging clothes that way in the morning after the new cabin had been cleaned. Then they helped us put everything we had in drawers and shelves into either our suitcases or in bins they provided and moved those for us. I know Seabourn is a 6 star cruise line and Celebrity may not be quite as upscale but has anyone had this experience on Celebrity and how was it handled? We will be in Sky Suites on both cruises which might made a difference.

Thanks for any help and have a great next cruise.

I have read here that you just leave everything on hangers. You just have to pack everything else. Others will give you more info.

Very similar on Celebrity. The steward will show up with a rolling hanger to take all your closet clothes. Use your suitcases to put away the rest, and they move it all for you. I’ve heard (we packed our own) they will help you pack up if you ask for help. All very easy.

One recommendation. Check with your TA to see if a similar SR is available for both cruises since your SR is not, or keep an eye out to see if your SR opens up for the 2nd cruise.

Enjoy. Not a big deal. And since your B2B appears to be done in Europe and coming to the US on the 2nd leg, the B2B port is just another port of call for you. No hassle at all. It’s fun just sitting there the night before you pull into the port at the end of the 1st cruise and relaxing and enjoying and secretly (but oh so nicely) chuckling while most others are packing away!

If you buy any booze on board, or in port during the 1st leg and it’s held by the ship, it will be returned to you and you’ll have it to enjoy on the 2nd leg. At least that’s our experience on 3 B2B’s.

Den

Thanks for the replies but as it turns out my TA has talked with Celebrity and they will be able to put us in the same cabin for both cruises so no cabin change will be needed. Good news in my opinion.

Have a great next cruise.

Thanks for the replies but as it turns out my TA has talked with Celebrity and they will be able to put us in the same cabin for both cruises so no cabin change will be needed. Good news in my opinion. Have a great next cruise.

Great news and a nice way of going B2B.

Den

great news !!! That is the best way to be on a B2B. You get to sleep in, no worries about changing rooms, and watch everyone else leave the ship while you happily stay on board and enjoy knowing you have another cruise ahead of you. That being said, Celebrity makes it as easy as Seaborne, if you had to change rooms. As stated above you leave everything on hangers, pack what is in the drawers, clean out the safe, dont forget that !!, and your butler or room steward will move everything for you once the new room is clean. They are also aware of the move and will clean your new room first, so it will be ready early !!! Enjoy your B2B !