Hurricane Florence

cwms

I am on Grandeur and the Captain just announced we are here until at least Friday morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

I wonder if you are leaving really early Friday. Enchantment needs her berth back.[emoji6]

4 extra C&A points as well

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I wonder if you are leaving really early Friday. Enchantment needs her berth back.[emoji6]

Rare but in situations like this have done 2 at same pier on same day. One unloads, ship leaves out until other comes in unloads/loads/leaves, then first ship comes back in to load. Think Carnival did it last yr. Makes for a long day for 2nd ship passengers boarding late...

Updated compensation letter for the Grandeur.

September 12, 2018

Dear Travel Partner,

We've been closely monitoring Hurricane Florence's path and its impact to your clients' Grandeur of the Seas September 13th, 2018 cruise. We can now confirm that we will set sail on Monday, September 17th, 2018 from the Port of Baltimore. Check in will be from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM, and we will set sail at 2:00 PM. We kindly ask that all guests arrive after 11:00 AM to ensure a smooth boarding process. Below please find our updated itinerary.

Day Port LocationArrive DepartMonBaltimore, Maryland 2:00 PMTueCruisingWedHalifax, Nova Scotia12:30 PMThuHalifax, Nova Scotia8:30 AMFriCruisingSatBaltimore, Maryland7:00 AM

To make up for this unexpected change to your clients' vacation plans, we are providing the following:

Guests that sail with us will receive:

• A refundable Onboard Credit to their SeaPass account for 50% of the cruise fare value, as a result of this change. This amount is non-inclusive of taxes and fees. If their onboard spend does not reach this amount, the remaining balance will be refunded to their credit card on file. Any taxes and fees associated to missed ports will also be added as an Onboard Credit.
  • A future cruise credit for 50% of the cruise fare value, in hopes your client will join us on another cruise in the near future.
  • Any pre-purchased shore excursions for changed ports of call will be credited to their onboard SeaPass account. Additionally, shore excursions booked for any of the ports that have been rearranged, will be automatically rescheduled for your client. Once onboard, they are welcome to visit the Shore Excursions Desk on Deck 5, should they have any questions.

While we hope your client chooses to stay, if they decide not to sail, we'll provide them with:

• 100% future cruise credit, based on the cruise fare portion of their cruise. Any pre-purchased items, like shore excursions or beverage packages, will be automatically refunded.
  • Commission will be protected for any guests that choose to cancel their booking.

If you have any questions or require assistance, contact us at: 1-800-256-6649.

Thank you for your patience and support during these unexpected circumstances. We are sorry for the storm's impact on your clients' vacation. Our guests' and crew's safety is our number one priority and while not the itinerary we expected, we are confident they will have a great time.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Got up early this morning, couldn't sleep and first thing checked Liberty who left Roatan last night. Marine Traffic shows her just floating around not far from Roatan. In Fact there are at least 6 or 7 ships, Carnival and RCCL and a couple MSCs just hangin out down there. Waiting for that depression to blow out of the gulf so their ride home won't be so rough, I suspect.

I think we are managing to thread the needle as we leave the 23rd. Hope Isaac continues to be just a tropical storm. But I ain't a scared o'no hurricane.......:evilsmile:

I love cruising in September...guess I'm just a thrill junky...

Edited by BecciBoo

My point is the hurricane is unpredictable right now they will probably wait until the day of if any changes were made because they want to see how the ocean is THAT DAY. I live in NJ and down at our shores this whole week the ocean has been insane, I don't think we have anything to worry about since the hurricane is going to make landfall shortly, I only worry about the size and the affects on the atlantic all the way up to NJ. When I went on an NCL cruise to Bermuda we found out THAT DAY that the iterinary changed. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that we don't have to worry about it.

You 'guarantee' that we'll find out when we get to the pier? That's like saying parents will know if it's a snow day when you drive the kids to school and it's closed.

Of course, if there's no last-minute itinerary change, no prior communication is necessary. If there is a weather-influenced change as drastic as Bermuda in mid-Sept vs. Halifax, then I'm fairly confident we will learn that no later than 2 days in advance of sailing date. We gotta know how to pack!

We are 24 hours from boarding Anthem in Bayonne for Bermuda and no email or text from Royal C regarding any itinerary change. I will be quite surprised (but not disappointed) if we learn tomorrow that we are going to Canada.

Follow this page for Royal. they may not email you as promptly as you would like... but may update this page more promptly

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

Note Grandeur ...out of Baltimore is heading North and later than planned... but it was scheduled to go north (vs Bermuda)

We are 24 hours from boarding Anthem in Bayonne for Bermuda and no email or text from Royal C regarding any itinerary change. I will be quite surprised (but not disappointed) if we learn tomorrow that we are going to Canada.

I’m on the same cruise and also the following one to Canada/New England, so I’m packing for both. I’m assuming that our itinerary will not be changed because I haven’t seen anything showing that weather will be a concern. Not sure how long it would take for the ocean to calm down and whether that would play into a change. Guess we’ll know tomorrow.

Last year Maria caused an itinerary change but when we got to Portland and Halifax it was hot, so didn’t mind the change of itinerary.

I just found another informative site... this one tells you something about wave height in various areas.... Could be helpful to give you an idea on current conditions.... gotta bookmark this one...http://www.oceanweather.com/data/ . Could be rough sailing back to Baltimore for Grandeur... hopefully in a day or so this will improve

I watched Grandeur leave Port Canaveral this morning around 5:45 just before Enchantment came in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

If they met it would have been a great photo op.

I remember when they were both brand spanking new, would be parked next to each other and go out together. Was quite a sight when first saw them 20+ yrs ago, so much glass. At the time nothing compared...sailed on both back then. Enchantment was my kids first cruise Were 2, 4 and 8 at the time. Back then during Lifeboat Drills the kids were at the railing and woman stood in front of men, Was the Woman and Children first....