Jump to content

VIP Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day (RCCL)


Recommended Posts

We're looking at RCCL VIP Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day since we are 2 couples with no kids (with us), and wanted to know what the excursion times were when booked through ship? We're there end of next month and in port from 7a to 6p. Wasn't sure if booking direct would give us more time if RCCL excursion had limited time. Originally were going to do Sandals day pass, but that's been hit or miss if they're available plus according to their website, they raised prices to $150 pp

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

We ended up booking through RC since that gets us on the island 2 hours earlier that booking through Blue Lagoon. I spoke with Blue Lagoon and they said we can take any ferry back. Only thing is if we didn't take the ferry assigned for the cruise port at 12:15, we would have to make our own way back from their ferry terminal. We decided we'll take the 2:15 ferry back to their terminal on Paradise Island and grab a cab back to Nassau to do some shopping.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 9/18/2018 at 11:47 AM, pfdaxe358 said:

We ended up booking through RC since that gets us on the island 2 hours earlier that booking through Blue Lagoon. I spoke with Blue Lagoon and they said we can take any ferry back. Only thing is if we didn't take the ferry assigned for the cruise port at 12:15, we would have to make our own way back from their ferry terminal. We decided we'll take the 2:15 ferry back to their terminal on Paradise Island and grab a cab back to Nassau to do some shopping.

I am going on my first cruise in January and am seriously considering this excursion through Royal Caribbean. Is this one you’re referring to the one for 5 hrs? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We took a 2pm ferry back to the cruise terminal.  They will have several throughout the day. 

 

Blue Lagoon is much better to book through the cruise. If you book direct, you will need to cab to their ferry terminal on Paradise Island, etc.  It makes no sense to book direct.  Especially since you can take any ferry back anyways. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Impossible to say.  You don't stay with some group and they herd you on to a bus type thing. You are at the island and thry have ferries going back every hour or so.  

 

The later ferry may not drop you at the cruise port, but at Paradise Island.  As in, maybe the last cruise ferry is at 1 or 2.  For us they had a 2pm ferry and I didn't ask about a later one. 

 

If you want to stay later, and they won't drop you at the cruise port, then you would have to cab from paradise island. 

 

It's impossible to say what time everything will be on your trip. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ogtubbx3 said:

If booking through Royal Caribbean for the 5hr, is everyone saying that you CAN stay longer than 5 hrs?

Royals excursion is 4 hours...not 5, (basically 8-12) this is why we booked through Royal but will take a 2:15 ferry back instead of the 12:15 through Royal. The next ferry after that is 4:15 which would cut too close for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Impossible to say.  You don't stay with some group and they herd you on to a bus type thing. You are at the island and thry have ferries going back every hour or so.  

 

The later ferry may not drop you at the cruise port, but at Paradise Island.  As in, maybe the last cruise ferry is at 1 or 2.  For us they had a 2pm ferry and I didn't ask about a later one. 

 

If you want to stay later, and they won't drop you at the cruise port, then you would have to cab from paradise island. 

 

It's impossible to say what time everything will be on your trip. 

This helps thank you for the information 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pfdaxe358 said:

Royals excursion is 4 hours...not 5, (basically 8-12) this is why we booked through Royal but will take a 2:15 ferry back instead of the 12:15 through Royal. The next ferry after that is 4:15 which would cut too close for us.

For my cruise planner it’s 5hrs, 8-1. Maybe due to the arrival and departure times. But I will look at the ferry time when I arrive thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pfdaxe358 said:

I suppose it could be different on others ships/itineraries etc. My RC Cruise Planner states 8-12:15 (pic attached), that's why we opted to spend a couple of extra hours. Who wants to leave the island at 12:15 🙂

Blue Lagoon.JPG

 

Just take the 2pm ferry.  FYI, I was there last week. They had a 1 and 2pm ferry back.  The times in the planner are there because every excursion has to have a time, it's irrelevant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BNBR said:

 

Just take the 2pm ferry.  FYI, I was there last week. They had a 1 and 2pm ferry back.  The times in the planner are there because every excursion has to have a time, it's irrelevant. 

That makes sense. So...how was your experience?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pfdaxe358 said:

That makes sense. So...how was your experience?

 

My 3rd time there. The VIP area is not in the best swimming area, but the lagoon itself is one of the best beaches I've been to. No waves, sandy, crystal clear, shallow and a few deeper spots... It's awesome, and unique.  If you want to go somewhere to actually get in the water, highly recommend.  The only downside is the lack of shaded beach chairs in the non VIP area.  The facilities are also very new, clean, and what not.  It's a first class operation but undoubtedly a bit touristy excursion. 

 

Where else is your cruise going? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

OP I believe my DW and I are on the same cruise. We are planning on booking two observer tickets directly with Blue Lagoon. We would enjoy being able to experience a little more freedom in getting to and from the island. However, DW is concerned that you have to have someone in your party doing an encounter program in order to order an observer ticket. We just want to see the dolphins, and wander around. Don't need to get in the water. Anybody know if an observer ticket requires you to be with someone having an encounter ticket? Their website is a little ambiguous:classic_wacko:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drawn2TheOcean said:

OP I believe my DW and I are on the same cruise. We are planning on booking two observer tickets directly with Blue Lagoon. We would enjoy being able to experience a little more freedom in getting to and from the island. However, DW is concerned that you have to have someone in your party doing an encounter program in order to order an observer ticket. We just want to see the dolphins, and wander around. Don't need to get in the water. Anybody know if an observer ticket requires you to be with someone having an encounter ticket? Their website is a little ambiguous:classic_wacko:

 

I emailed them directly with my questions and they responded pretty quick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Drawn2TheOcean said:

OP I believe my DW and I are on the same cruise. We are planning on booking two observer tickets directly with Blue Lagoon. We would enjoy being able to experience a little more freedom in getting to and from the island. However, DW is concerned that you have to have someone in your party doing an encounter program in order to order an observer ticket. We just want to see the dolphins, and wander around. Don't need to get in the water. Anybody know if an observer ticket requires you to be with someone having an encounter ticket? Their website is a little ambiguous:classic_wacko:

 

Not even sure how this would work. I can't imagine you can just be a general observer on the island. How would the even track you?  

 

Doing it on your own doesn't provide more freedom.  If anything, it provides a lot more hassle since you can't board at the cruise dock.  You won't have any better access to ferries or anything of the sort. 

 

This just overall sounds like a bad idea.  Book the beach day if you want to go to the island and you can wander around all you want. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have read and seen that they do the stingray encounter stupid cheap, cheaper than the beach day and I think you get the beach day included.  May be worth looking in to. A little trick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2018 at 6:09 PM, Drawn2TheOcean said:

OP I believe my DW and I are on the same cruise. We are planning on booking two observer tickets directly with Blue Lagoon. We would enjoy being able to experience a little more freedom in getting to and from the island. However, DW is concerned that you have to have someone in your party doing an encounter program in order to order an observer ticket. We just want to see the dolphins, and wander around. Don't need to get in the water. Anybody know if an observer ticket requires you to be with someone having an encounter ticket? Their website is a little ambiguous:classic_wacko:

 

Yes, it does.  You must book with someone doing an encounter to get an observer pass.  However, you can get a beach day pass.  With a beach day pass, you can walk over to the encounter areas and see the dolphins and sea lions with no problem.

 

This is from the Blue Lagoon website.
image.png.013b56c90f24f117c8b31a596859d98e.png

Edited by CruisinCrow
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...