Equinox Aft Cabin Deck 11

mfrc

I just booked an aft cabin deck 11 on Equinox. I do not remember how much privacy on the balcony you have from people (me being one of them on past cruises)looking over from the Lido Deck.It will be my first time in an aft cabin Does any body have pics looking downward toward cabins? or what has been your experience?

No pictures but anyone standing near the rail of the Sunset Bar, Oceanview Bar or Deck 12 balconies can look down and see you unless you are sitting very close to your balcony door.

Always love it when someone runs out of their cabin half dressed (or not) to catch a quick glimpse of something😂

I just booked an aft cabin deck 11 on Equinox. I do not remember how much privacy on the balcony you have from people (me being one of them on past cruises)looking over from the Lido Deck.It will be my first time in an aft cabin Does any body have pics looking downward toward cabins? or what has been your experience?

Found this pic online.

I was just on Equinox in aft but down on deck 9. Having read so much commentary about a lack of privacy, I was surprised, both at how little i could see of others and how rare it was for me to feel "seen" unless i was sitting right up against the railing. While there's not all the overhang of an M class Aft, I found it a terrific spot to be.

Reflect_Dec13_Ship_IMG_4556.jpg

We just returned from Eclipse deck 6 aft and noticed that we could see everyone up the back of the ship if we stood at our railing and looked up... so obviously they could see us. But it seemed to be only about the aft 1/3 of the balcony that could be seen by those higher up. I imagine this would be true of all of the other decks as well.

I am in love with my body. 😍. If someone wants to gawk or look at it more power to them. Just don’t sue me for the nightmares that they may experience during and after.

I wouldn’t worry about someone or anyone hanging out above to get a peek. 😱. If that is how they get their jollies than let them enjoy themselves and the cruise. I really don’t care. It would not prevent me from having a cabin that I want.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

When we booked our aft facing Sky Suite (1667, deck 11) for our 9/14/18 Equinox cruise, we chose the view over the privacy factor. Our feeling is that if we’re at the pool, everyone would be seeing us anyway. We can get some sun on the balcony and get to the pool just a few decks up quite easily.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we booked our aft facing Sky Suite (1667, deck 11) for our 9/14/18 Equinox cruise, we chose the view over the privacy factor. Our feeling is that if we’re at the pool, everyone would be seeing us anyway. We can get some sun on the balcony and get to the pool just a few decks up quite easily.

Too funny,,,that is the cabin we are booked on..If you get some pics from looking up towards the lido deck from the balcony that would be great :):)clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Too funny,,,that is the cabin we are booked on..If you get some pics from looking up towards the lido deck from the balcony that would be great :):)clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

No worries. They’ll either be posted by me or my wife (screen name GrazieMommy)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here’s the view up to Deck 14 from the balcony:a4d12e3f5515074ba59d49756aa171f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s the view looking down on the balcony of 1667:

24673ab7c05fe0b0791b32a7c2b05d21.jpg

You can definitely be seen, but it’s not like people are gawking at us. The cabin is fantastic and Dominic the butler and cabin steward Mariano are great.

Thank you everyone for your input.. I will stick with the aft cabin...

We've been Aft Deck 11 Solstice class many times and also booked same deck on upcoming cruise. Only when standing at the rail will you be 'observed'...but your feet in the sun while enjoying watching the wake might be visible to those above. If my feet offend, well they can just look away..LOL! :D

I am sure that people looking down on those standing nude on their balcony along the rail would probably see nothing more than the bald heads and the upper part of the stomach on the men. On the woman just a lot of sag. 🤗

Now if you were looking up and someone wasn’t wearing anything or a loose robe 😱😖

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thank you so much for all these pics..I got a great deal after the Edgification so I really looking forward to it. Enjoy the cruise!!!!!! Cabin 1663 is available as well so might change to the wrap around deck...

24673ab7c05fe0b0791b32a7c2b05d21.jpg

You can definitely be seen, but it’s not like people are gawking at us. The cabin is fantastic and Dominic the butler and cabin steward Mariano are great.

Edited by mfrc

• 1 year later...
On 9/8/2018 at 6:26 AM, MisterMet said:

Hello -

We just booked Aft Facing Sky Suite # 1667 on the Equinox - love those aft views - wondering if you can comment on the shower/tub combination ? - Sounds like a dumb question - but sailed on the Milie last year - in a Celebrity Suite - and the shower/tub combination was HORRIBLE - the tub was UNUSUALLY high to step into - and there was nothing to hold on to but the edge of the glass door.  

Would appreciate any first-hand information you can provide

THANK YOU !

21 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Hello -

We just booked Aft Facing Sky Suite # 1667 on the Equinox - love those aft views - wondering if you can comment on the shower/tub combination ? - Sounds like a dumb question - but sailed on the Milie last year - in a Celebrity Suite - and the shower/tub combination was HORRIBLE - the tub was UNUSUALLY high to step into - and there was nothing to hold on to but the edge of the glass door.  

Would appreciate any first-hand information you can provide

THANK YOU !

As I recall, the tub wall was pretty high and the glass half wall was the only thing you could hold onto other than the top of the top of the tub wall.  That was pre-Revolution, however.  Not sure what it’s like now.  We’re pretty short people and we didn’t find it an issue though.  We thought that bathroom was awesome!

On 9/7/2018 at 12:33 PM, mfrc said:

Going on the Equinox next month aft deck 9, plan on taking pictures looking down & up from our cabin. Also plan on hanging out at the Sunset bar and will grab some pictures to put in a review.

BonVoyage

Dawna

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MisterMet said:

As I recall, the tub wall was pretty high and the glass half wall was the only thing you could hold onto other than the top of the top of the tub wall.  That was pre-Revolution, however.  Not sure what it’s like now.  We’re pretty short people and we didn’t find it an issue though.  We thought that bathroom was awesome!

Thank You !

16 minutes ago, CruisinDawn said:

Going on the Equinox next month aft deck 9, plan on taking pictures looking down & up from our cabin. Also plan on hanging out at the Sunset bar and will grab some pictures to put in a review.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thank you - will look forward to your post/pictures !