Captain‘s Circle Status Upgrade - how long does it take

Travelnplane

Hi everyone,

we are thinking about taking a 7-day cruise from Seattle to Alaska on Ruby Princess departing Saturday next year. This would bring the next status level in the Captain‘s Circle. How fast would that be reflected? If we‘d go on another Alaska cruise on Star Princess one day after disembarking Ruby, would be Cruise cards and everything already updated?

Cheers :)

Hi everyone,

we are thinking about taking a 7-day cruise from Seattle to Alaska on Ruby Princess departing Saturday next year. This would bring the next status level in the Captain‘s Circle. How fast would that be reflected? If we‘d go on another Alaska cruise on Star Princess one day after disembarking Ruby, would be Cruise cards and everything already updated?

Cheers :)

Yes-if you move up a level at the end of a cruise then you are left information in your cabin at the end of the cruise confirming your new status, and it takes effect on the first day of your next cruise.

Trish

Oh cool! We will be platinum after our next cruise. So at the end we get info about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes-there will be a pin left in your cabin with a Platinum card(at least that's how they did it when we became Platinum). There will also be details about the benefits you can now get on your next cruise. Enjoy!

Trish

Yes-there will be a pin left in your cabin with a Platinum card(at least that's how they did it when we became Platinum). There will also be details about the benefits you can now get on your next cruise. Enjoy!

Trish

Thanks for the info! Another thing to look forward to!

You will almost certainly be given cruise cards the color of your previous status when you board Star. Your documentation for Star will indicate your status based on number of prior cruise credits/days at the time of booking. The system does not adjust automatically for other cruises taken in the interim. If the status upgrade level in question is from Ruby to Platinum, unfortunately your boarding passes for Star will not be preferred/priority/whatever term they are using lately. Even if the system did automatically update the cruise cards for your second cruise will be printed in advance before you finish the first one.

Yes you will probably get the "welcome to [next level]" note at the end of your first leg. But will have to show this when you board the second to be reissued the proper color cruise cards. My experience lagged one cruise behind you: in May I sailed Island Princess one week, Golden a week later with the latter earning the next level. But no recognition in my cabin as the code number on the corner of the cruise card for Golden indicated the number of previous cruise credits at the time of booking--not including the week before on Island.

More important than priority check in and the color of the cruise card will be the complimentary internet minutes. If when you log on there is no zero $ option, then you have to visit the Tech. Manager, Passenger Services or maybe Captain's Circle Host.

You will almost certainly be given cruise cards the color of your previous status when you board Star. Your documentation for Star will indicate your status based on number of prior cruise credits/days at the time of booking. The system does not adjust automatically for other cruises taken in the interim. If the status upgrade level in question is from Ruby to Platinum, unfortunately your boarding passes for Star will not be preferred/priority/whatever term they are using lately. Even if the system did automatically update the cruise cards for your second cruise will be printed in advance before you finish the first one.

Yes you will probably get the "welcome to [next level]" note at the end of your first leg. But will have to show this when you board the second to be reissued the proper color cruise cards. My experience lagged one cruise behind you: in May I sailed Island Princess one week, Golden a week later with the latter earning the next level. But no recognition in my cabin as the code number on the corner of the cruise card for Golden indicated the number of previous cruise credits at the time of booking--not including the week before on Island.

Just for your info - even if your cruise card does not reflect your upgraded status, simply go to guest services and they will re-issue the card for you. My status advanced half way through a back-to-back and they upgraded my cruise card this way.

We were in a similar situation a couple of years ago when we did our 15th cruise on the Star and were boarding the Crown after a one day layover in LA. I spoke to the CC rep on the Star and she contacted the rep on the Crown to make sure everything was adjusted.

After we gained Elite status on a cruise, we had 5 days to the next cruise. Even though we told the Captain Circle rep of this short change around and were assured by her we would be upgraded, this did not happen. We had to go to the Captain Cirle rep on the next cruise and then to the Passengers Service desk to get our cards upgraded.

Due to a long line at the Captain Circle desk, this process was lengthy and meant we missed early dinner in the MDR. To make matters worst their printer ran out of ink so we had to return later for our cards.

The reason we wanted our cards urgently was because we had laundry that needed doing from the 5 days in between the cruises. Normally things work well with Princess but sometimes you have to complain!

You can check you account at Princess's web site to see if it shown your new status.

Yes your online Captain Circle profile does update in a timely manner.

But if you had another cruise already booked before your status change your old status will be reflected when you board until you point it out to them that you have moved up in the interim.

It's a bummer the status only kicks in after the end of the cruise where you make the cut. We have a 14 day TA next year and will be at 147 days when the cruise starts. Our 4th day of the cruise will be day 151. Soooooooooo close. ;p

Congratulations on making Platinum. The free Internet minutes are a great perk.

It's a bummer the status only kicks in after the end of the cruise where you make the cut. We have a 14 day TA next year and will be at 147 days when the cruise starts. Our 4th day of the cruise will be day 151. Soooooooooo close. ;p

You have so many short cruises out in California that seem to go for such great prices, why not jump on one of those to get there before your TA?!

Yes your online Captain Circle profile does update in a timely manner.

But if you had another cruise already booked before your status change your old status will be reflected when you board until you point it out to them that you have moved up in the interim.

Whar about the upgrade to the Princess trip ins? Would they get the free upgrade on their second cruise?

Whar about the upgrade to the Princess trip ins? Would they get the free upgrade on their second cruise?

The Princess Vacation Protection upgrade (Platinum for the price of standard) starts with Ruby Circle status.

But that is an interesting question. I would think the system would not allow the upgrade until after the first cruise was completed. But when the last Gold/first Ruby cruises run right up against each other...at what point is it too late to reclassify the PVP?

You have so many short cruises out in California that seem to go for such great prices, why not jump on one of those to get there before your TA?!

I've checked. Nothing that works for us. We're on a 19 day Panama Canal round trip out of LA in November and a 15 day Alaska connoisseur cruise tour in May. My wife reserves summer for land trips. Then we have a 12 day Northern Lights in October followed 4 days later by the TA from Barcelona to Florida where we will pass the "day limit". We will be nowhere near on number of cruises as the one where we pass the limit will only be number 13. I looked for short cruises but I don't see any that are available to me. The Elite perks aren't really worth the $1,000 - $1,500 or so it would cost to do any of the 3 - 10 day cruises offered. We will just wait.

I was considering a B2B next spring - either Hawaii & Mexico or Coastal & Mexico - but my wife really wanted to do the 15 day connoisseur cruise tour to Alaska - with Denali Lodge, Copper River Lodge, and Kenai Lodge - and only the 7 day cruise portion of that counts.

I wondered when you were going to finally hit Elite. ;)

Pretty soon you can change from "working on it" to "got it!!".

The Princess Vacation Protection upgrade (Platinum for the price of standard) starts with Ruby Circle status.

But that is an interesting question. I would think the system would not allow the upgrade until after the first cruise was completed. But when the last Gold/first Ruby cruises run right up against each other...at what point is it too late to reclassify the PVP?

I forgot about the Ruby level. I don't think Princess had a Ruby level before I reach Platinum. I could be wrong, it was a while ago, I think I went from Gold to Platinum to Free laundry!

Our two cruises in November on the Regal will bring us to 30 cruises where the OBC increases. (BTW, can't find amounts anywhere on the Princess web site, but I think it goes from $25 to $50.) We then are on the Crown two week later. Will the higher OBC be automatic on the Crown, or will we have to pursue this with GS or LA when on-board, since we booked when showing only 28 cruises? Hoping this will not be an issue.

Our two cruises in November on the Regal will bring us to 30 cruises where the OBC increases. (BTW, can't find amounts anywhere on the Princess web site, but I think it goes from $25 to $50.) We then are on the Crown two week later. Will the higher OBC be automatic on the Crown, or will we have to pursue this with GS or LA when on-board, since we booked when showing only 28 cruises? Hoping this will not be an issue.

No, it does not increase at 30 cruise credits. You need 31 completed cruise credits to go from $25 to $50.

• 3 weeks later...

We just finished a cruise on Sunday and when we got home the personalizer already showed our new platinum status. No “welcome to platinum” notice at the end our cruise like someone said would happen and not even an email notification. Oh well. I need to start learning to keep my expectations lower.