Braemar: return from the Caribbean, March 14, 2019

ShelaghL

Hi - Gatwick.  We live quite a distance away so usually travel up the night before.  At least we get some sleep and we just have a short walk to check in.  The end of teh holiday is really good for us as we are close to Southampton so just a short taxi ride home.

Shelagh

Hi - I've never been on a Fred cruise where they've offered this - mind you I've never seen this offered on any cruise I've been on and the one next week is our 54th cruise, 24 of them with Fred.  There's usually classical concerts and maybe a passengers' choir and talent show.  Sounds fun though and I'd certainly give it a go.

By the way - our neighbour is on deck 6 - further towards the Palms than your cabin.  She's on second sitting in the Thistle.  We're in the Grampian so won't be able to dine with her.

Shelagh

Hi - will look out for you.  Sorry I can't give you any hint at what I may be wearing that would distinguish me!  But it's a small ship so we are bound to bump into one another at some point.

Packing now done - i work so needed to do it over the weekend - and then just dog to go to kennels on Wednesday morning before heading up to Gatwick for least pleasant part - the flight!  I'd much rather sail from Southampton, but it takes rather a long time to get to the Caribbean that way.

Shelagh

Hi - yes would be good to meet up - which deck are you on?  We're on deck 7 and are on second sitting in the Grampian for dining.  The flight is my least favourite part of  the holiday, but at least we won't have to go through immigration - off the plane and straight onto the coach that will take us to the port.  All being well, and if everything goes to time, we should be on board by 4 pm. though the Bridgetown traffic can be a nightmare especially in the afternoon when the schools finish.  When we were there in January the bus driver took us a very strange way to the port but managed to avoid the traffic and it was the quickest journey we'd ever done from the airport to the port!

Shelagh

• 3 weeks later...