Sewing machine in your Cabin for a quilter.

cawpaw

During one of our Trans Pacific cruises, a passenger had her sewing machine with her (Neptune Suite), she often came into the Neptune Lounge, to show the concierge and any one who happened to be in the lounge, what she was sewing. She completed several items during the cruise.

At the ports of call she would look for fabric to buy.

During one of our Trans Pacific cruises, a passenger had her sewing machine with her (Neptune Suite), she often came into the Neptune Lounge, to show the concierge and any one who happened to be in the lounge, what she was sewing. She completed several items during the cruise.

At the ports of call she would look for fabric to buy.

Good to know. Maybe I will get lucky and get an offer on a upgrade to a Neptune. We love the Neptune Suites.

I vote for the applique project as well.

You can always improve your needle turn applique skills.

Has she tried english paper piecing? It will fill in the sea days.

I usually take along a hand sewing project and learn a new tecnique for longer cruises as it takes up very little space in the luggage and you can sew in the cabin or out on the deck or at the coffee lounge. Just keep track of those pins. My husband knows not to walk around the house barefoot.:D

I’m glad someone had already mentioned applique, that’s what I brought, abd enjoyed some lovely time in the recliners in the library! No better way to enjoy seadays. And Hawaiian style applique seems especially appropriate.

On our last cruise, two years ago, Baltic from Amsterdam and back again, I had a travel iron that I knew was not allowed. (It was a 2 week cruise, but 6 other weeks on land). I labeled it with our room number, etc., expecting to be called to the naughty room and it to be held. Nope. I could have used the damned thing in the cabin.....(which I certainly didn't do!). I look forward to the "naughty room" with our next trip, which also requires the travel iron........at some point, I should be stopped......

I’m glad someone had already mentioned applique, that’s what I brought, abd enjoyed some lovely time in the recliners in the library! No better way to enjoy seadays. And Hawaiian style applique seems especially appropriate.

She is loving all these ideas!

Good luck ongetting a Neptune upsell.

Our first two cruises with Holland were in Neptune Suites. They were only 7 days each, Our third HAL is 17 days and the Neptune was out of our reach. I hope we like the Signature Suite. I am going to miss that nice breakfast every day and the wonderful concierge in the Neptune Lounge.

I probably shouldn’t mention that a hair straightening iron on low can be used in a pinch on cotton fabric. Very carefully.

But I bet she already knows that.��

But you chose to mention it anyway for those of us who had no idea. :D :D Oh godoie r. A mad scramble for hair strIaighrening irons. How long until hey now get banned as likely t they should be? Now that there will be flood of them on the ships, That is a fire risk. No?

OP, Call Ship's Services

800-541-1576

Please let us know what they say.

Thanks very much for the phone number. I spoke with them and the lady said is was not on the "no" list. She did say that I should contact the ship coordinator. She gave me her name and email. She said to provide them with my name, booking number and a photo of the sewing machine.

I would leave the sewing machine at home and spend time looking at the water and walking around.

Try things on the ship and get away from your life back home.

Sewing is a hobby for many of us. Like reading. I wouldn't consider leaving my books at home, or my handwork. Life back home interferes with my hobbies. Cruising is the perfect time to indulge!!

I hope to fit in a quilting cruise someday. Pricey yes, but for me, worth every penny!

:)

Sewing is a hobby for many of us. Like reading. I wouldn't consider leaving my books at home, or my handwork. Life back home interferes with my hobbies. Cruising is the perfect time to indulge!!

I hope to fit in a quilting cruise someday. Pricey yes, but for me, worth every penny!

She feels the same way. The cruise is the best way for us to get that rare "me" time. She is so grateful for all the helpful hints on Cruise Critic.:):):)

She can get a small seam roller. Similar to seam roller for wallpaper seams. That works well for me.

She said to thank you for another good tip. She has been passing these tips on to her friends on the quilt guild.