ballfamily

Day-use Hotel in Tahiti (Papeete area)

Can anyone recommend a day-use hotel in Tahiti, particularly the Papeete area? Looking for suggestions and contact info to continue my research into options for a full day in Tahiti following our cruise. Also, any suggestions about reliable full-day excursions out of Papeete also appreciated. Thanks!

A few years back I was able to book a day room at the Intercontinental. Recently I asked and they would only accept last minute (like within a week or two) reservations. I had to call them direct to get that info. This time I'm using a place I found on Airbnb. The owner will pick us up at the port and arrange a taxi for us to the airport in the evening. Pictures show a lovely pool and view. Have read positive things about the Hotel Sarah Nui right in Papeete. It seems like it's very basic and just a place to hang your hat. A real bargain but also basic is the Fare Suisse. We stayed there last year and going back again in November. No pool, just a place to rest and relax after you tour, but the owner will pick you at the port and take you to the airport.

Hi Petoonya -- I contacted the Intercontinental yesterday. They replied that they had no "day use or transit" option. The possibility of an Air BNB like you had may also be an option for us. Would you mind sharing contact details - either here or by email? (glenn.ball@comcast.net) Thanks!

Happy to Glenn. Be off to you in just a few. Info from Intercontinental too.

I thought I'd post this update on my question about day-use hotels in Papeete. I found that the (Mariott) Le Meridien offers a day-use room and use off facilities for about USD $200. Following is the email I received about this:

On Sep 10, 2018, at 6:04 PM, Jeanne ALEXANDRE <stagiaire@lemeridien-tahiti.pf> wrote:

Ia Orana Glenn,

Thank you for your e-mail and your interest in our hotel.

I am happy to confirm that we do offer Day Use room available from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on your requested date, please find the rate below :

• Day Use room (run of the house) : 20 520 xpf including taxes

Should you wish to go ahead with the reservation, please let me know and I will be happy to make the arrangement on your behalf. I will need your credit card details in order to guarantee the reservation. Please fill up the form attached and send it back to me at your earliest convenience

Kindly note that the reservation can be cancelled 4 days prior to your arrival without penalties. If you cancel the reservation 3 days before, 1 night room and tax will be charged to your credit card. In case of no-show or cancellation on arrival date, full stay will be charged.

Please let me know if we may be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Jeanne ALEXANDRE

Revenue & Reservations Department

T: 689-40-47-07-26 | F: 689-40-47-07-28

S 17° 38’ W 149° 36’

LE MERIDIEN TAHITI

BP 380595 Tamanu, 98718 Punaauia - Polynésie Française

Lemeridien.com/tahiti

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, ballfamily said:

I thought I'd post this update on my question about day-use hotels in Papeete. I found that the (Mariott) Le Meridien offers a day-use room and use off facilities for about USD $200. Following is the email I received about this:

On Sep 10, 2018, at 6:04 PM, Jeanne ALEXANDRE <stagiaire@lemeridien-tahiti.pf> wrote:

Ia Orana Glenn,

Thank you for your e-mail and your interest in our hotel.

I am happy to confirm that we do offer Day Use room available from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on your requested date, please find the rate below :

• Day Use room (run of the house) : 20 520 xpf including taxes

Should you wish to go ahead with the reservation, please let me know and I will be happy to make the arrangement on your behalf. I will need your credit card details in order to guarantee the reservation. Please fill up the form attached and send it back to me at your earliest convenience

Kindly note that the reservation can be cancelled 4 days prior to your arrival without penalties. If you cancel the reservation 3 days before, 1 night room and tax will be charged to your credit card. In case of no-show or cancellation on arrival date, full stay will be charged.

Please let me know if we may be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Jeanne ALEXANDRE

Revenue & Reservations Department

T: 689-40-47-07-26 | F: 689-40-47-07-28

S 17° 38’ W 149° 36’

LE MERIDIEN TAHITI

BP 380595 Tamanu, 98718 Punaauia - Polynésie Française

Lemeridien.com/tahiti

Did this work for you?  I tried the email but that did not work and the hotel website does not work.  Thanks,

The Meridien is no longer a Meridien.  It has become a Sofitel.  They seem to be honoring past commitments but not sure about day rooms going forward.  .  

The Manava Suites doesn't offer day rooms but if you watch their prices frequently you can get a room for as low as $163 USD.  Also the Intercontinental will offer day rooms but only 10-14 days prior to your stay. We're doing an overnight Airbnb as a day room Dec 14, that offers pickup at the port and drop off at the airport, even a stop at a grocery store for goodies. Nice pool too.

We literally just returned last night. We booked day rates at the Intercontinental a couple of months in advance, it is super pricey but having just come back it is so worth it. The p,ace is dreamy, the staff very accommodating and we just found the resort to be paradise! 

On 11/18/2018 at 3:14 AM, Zoey1 said:

We literally just returned last night. We booked day rates at the Intercontinental a couple of months in advance, it is super pricey but having just come back it is so worth it. The p,ace is dreamy, the staff very accommodating and we just found the resort to be paradise! 

Hi Zoey1, thank you for your post.  We will be visiting by ship February 25th/2019, if you book a day rate what does that include?. Is there a food/beverage credit. The best price I see for the hotel for an actual nights stay (2/25/19) is 247USD.  As far as currency goes, can you pay in USD all over Tahiti, or is it necessary to have the local currency . I am fine with both. We are Canadians, so either way I will have to do exchange.  I did email the Intercontinental last night, but have read they often don't respond.