Dial 7

criisingisthebest

Planning to use Dial 7 to transport us from NCL Escape at NYC cruise terminal to LGA for a 1 o’clock flight. Would prefer not to do self disembarkation but hopefully will be in the first group allowed in the terminal after the self disembarkation folks. What time do I need to tell Dial 7 to be at the cruise terminal and where will they pick us up?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No need, really, to pre-book Dial 7 (or, Carmel) car service ahead, just call & request a pickup/book via their free mobile App when ready ... once you exit the CBP/secured area beyond the luggage hall downstairs, where use of smart/mobile phones aren't allowed. Call & then walk out toward 12th Avenue's exit - 5 to 10 minutes with luggage, restrooms on your left inside, and the assigned vehicle & driver should be just about ready or within minutes of getting there.

To be among the first group after the Express Self-walkoff group are called, is your Latitude status ? Platinum - you will need to ask for those specific color-coded luggage tags at the CruiseNext/Latitude desk in the atrium lobby to affix them to your bags.

The ideal pickup area for car service is on W. 48th or W. 49th Street, across 12th Avenue - street level opposite the terminal - we usually walk about 1/4 city block up instead of right on the corner, as everyone else will be trying to do the same ... among the dozens + all trying to do the same.

The ideal pickup area for car service is on W. 48th or W. 49th Street, across 12th Avenue - street level opposite the terminal - we usually walk about 1/4 city block up instead of right on the corner, as everyone else will be trying to do the same ... among the dozens + all trying to do the same.

i also walk up one block to 11th ave for my taxi too. Very little people, no crowds and it is easier to find the taxi

Planning to use Dial 7 to transport us from NCL Escape at NYC cruise terminal to LGA for a 1 o’clock flight. Would prefer not to do self disembarkation but hopefully will be in the first group allowed in the terminal after the self disembarkation folks. What time do I need to tell Dial 7 to be at the cruise terminal and where will they pick us up?

I would research and make sure that this car service is the best for you.I never personally used them but have used others.

Is dial 7 cheaper or better than uber or lyft? Just curious as to why you picked them

for me, carmel is cheaper and you can usually get coupons on their website. Uber/lyft is a few dollars more . Lately, i have been lucky with getting various 30-50% off uber coupons.

I have make 2 quotes for my next cruise 1) From South Manhattan Hotel to Cape Liberty C.P. all 4 services Uber/Carmel/Dial 7/Taxi are around the same price but 2) from Cape Liberty C.P. to JFK T8 Dial 7 is a lot more expensive than the other 3 at the same price.

Dial 7 is comparable to taxis from Manhattan to LGA. We are on a tight schedule and feel more comfortable knowing that a car will be there waiting for us at the port.

We have used Dial 7 many times for personal reasons thru out the five boros and never have been disappointed with their drivers, vehicles or service. They are always available and even there waiting for us before our needed time. And many of the drivers are very skilled on handling the traffic situations and never got stuck.

City Cabs in heavy traffic have a never ending meter counting while standing still or stuck in traffic. Dial 7 has a set price from the onset.

They are a very organized group. After one is assigned to you, they are dedicated to you needs without having to search for a ride.

Dial 7 would be my number one choice over Uber who I really haven't heard favorable reviews from those who used them and never went back to calling them.

I know others have individual opinions of suggestions or experiences.

Bon Voyage!