Question about bringing wine

zteamtwo

Also - how do they know who Paulchili is?

They may not know who you are but as Mura said she uses her real name & it may depend on the info posted they may be able to find you :evilsmile:

I am sure some people know who I am :eek:

I find it interesting that people that pay a premium for the likes of an Oceania cruise are wanting to sneak a glass of wine of their own into these beautiful restaurants !!

Don't you just want to enjoy the beautiful surrounds and actually have a holiday !!!!???

If you can't afford the odd glass of wine during the cruise I would suggest you book something cheaper on another line and then you may be able to afford their beverage package and enjoy yourself.

Perhaps Oceania is not for you.

I would be very unhappy with that level of intrusion into my online activity! To me that is entirely inappropriate.

Either you're very naive, or what is perhaps more likely is that you never read the Forum Registration Agreement:

You hereby grant Cruise Critic the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any message posted in our message board community (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpeIImOhXST34bcEU6eWNsMsTgNuIGtcGwL5HeoeaPwna5wvG-0A

In short, as we're playing with their marbles, it's entirely their game :p

Neither. Oceania is free to read anything posted online. It's another thing entirely to come to my cabin and question me about it!

Either you're very naive, or what is perhaps more likely is that you never read the Forum Registration Agreement:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpeIImOhXST34bcEU6eWNsMsTgNuIGtcGwL5HeoeaPwna5wvG-0A

In short, as we're playing with their marbles, it's entirely their game :p

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I don't think I'd appreciate a knock on my door either, but in MY case that isn't what happened. I received a phone call from the concierge (the one in the Executive Lounge on Marina, not the Executive Concierge) asking if I would be willing to meet to discuss the issue. Definitely NOT threatening!

I appreciated the opportunity to voice my opinions and to hear what they had to say.

Mura

I concur with Mura

No one came to out door the Concierge called our cabin

I had put the cabin number in my post so not hard to find us ;)

No one threatened me either

I would have like to threaten a few Pax that cannot seem to close their door quietly

They just let it go on it's own no matter how many times it was put in the CURRENTS to think of your fellow passengers & hold the door so it does not slam or just use plain common sense

Make you wonder if people were raised in a barn by wolves

YEAH Yeah it is your cruise & you can do as you like

OK---this is the OP, back with another question. What if I bring a bottle of gin on board and mix a gin and tonic in my room. Can I bring that drink into one of the restaurants. Everyone be nice--this is just a question--not trying to cheat the system!

OK---this is the OP, back with another question. What if I bring a bottle of gin on board and mix a gin and tonic in my room. Can I bring that drink into one of the restaurants. Everyone be nice--this is just a question--not trying to cheat the system!

You are asking the *same* question again, with a different "medium".

Do you really expect a different answer?

You sure Oceania is the cruise line for you?

ETA: By the way, you absolutely *are* asking about "cheating the system', and you obviously know what the actual rules are.

GC

What part of "no personal booze in public spaces" do you not understand?

Oceania is just like any fine dining restaurant with an alcohol license in a major metro area. No one carries glasses of wine/beer/spirits into a restaurant - with the exception of bottled wine for which you'll be charged a corkage fee.

No matter how you slice it/dice it, it really doesn't sound like you'd be comfortable on Oceania.

OK--OP again----getting some very harsh answers--this is not typical of a refined Oceania cruise couple. Can I take my gin and tonic and walk around the ship? Can I take the drink to the pool deck? Just asking--never cruised on Oceania.

What part of "no personal booze in public spaces" do you not understand?

Oceania is just like any fine dining restaurant with an alcohol license in a major metro area. No one carries glasses of wine/beer/spirits into a restaurant - with the exception of bottled wine for which you'll be charged a corkage fee.

No matter how you slice it/dice it, it really doesn't sound like you'd be comfortable on Oceania.

OK--OP again----getting some very harsh answers--this is not typical of a refined Oceania cruise couple. Can I take my gin and tonic and walk around the ship? Can I take the drinks to the pool deck? Just asking--never cruised on Oceania.

What is not clear in Flatbush Flyer's answer of "no personal booze in public spaces" ?

[Or do you somehow think the pool deck, etc., is *your* personal space somehow? No,? I didn't think so.]

Or are you just trolling us?

I mean, really!? :eek:

GC

I respectfully ask this. Where do I find the statement no personal booze in public spaces? I could not find it on any Oceania web page. Just asking--be nice.

To be honest, this is the wine stmt in the faq:

We ask that guests let us know they are bringing wine on-board so the ship can be advised. Guests are welcome to enjoy their wine in the comfort and privacy of their stateroom or suite, or, if they prefer, may enjoy their wine in one of the ship’s dining rooms. Any wine consumed in the dining room or a public area will be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00 per bottle.

And this stmt is for other alcohol, so by rights, you CAN have all other alcohol stored for you, if bought outside the ship, and brought on;

Oceania Cruises reserves the right to prohibit and retain all alcohol bought ashore for consumption on board the vessel.

So please be a responsible adult, and NOT consume your alcohol in public spaces, so as to ruin it for the rest.

All this is in the FAQ’s listed on the Oceania website.

What I don’t understand is that you seem to have enough money to cruise a premium plus line, but want to skirt around the policies, and looking at your history, are not young pups, so trying to understand the issue ? Pushing the envelope on RCCL and NCL, is different from cruising on a premium plus line where folks are a bit more reserved and don’t usually “sneak” booze. Chuckle, some like us, don’t drink at all, so wonder what the big deal is anyway! So you want to drink a couple of drinks, fork over the money and enjoy your cruise.

Then again, you are probably sitting back and laughing at us being so serious about your trolling.

They way Oceania works is they allow you to bring on Wine or spirits for use in your cabin

If you want to take a bottle of wine to one of the dining venues they will charge the corkage fee

They assume most people are adults & will not have to monitor them & trust that they will abide by the rules

If people keep flaunting the rules then they will stop treating everyone like adults & start denying everyone from bringing spirits onboard

They may even charge the corkage fee on wine right at the entry like some other lines do

You understand the rules so why keep trying to play the game of trying cheat the system :rolleyes:

OK--OP again----getting some very harsh answers--this is not typical of a refined Oceania cruise couple. Can I take my gin and tonic and walk around the ship? NO

Can I take the drink to the pool deck? NO

Just asking--never cruised on Oceania.

but you probably will anyway so why bother asking :rolleyes:

Arrrgh! this thread is driving me crazy. The OP knows exactly what the "rules" are. Let"s not post any more about it. I guess if someone insists on taking personal alcohol out of their suite (without paying corkage) no one can physically prevent them. However, I would be looking over my shoulder constantly if I had a glass in my hand that I hadn't purchased on board. Why would you do that? J