Transfer from Port Everglades to MIA post cruise?

Lazy K

Ending a Canal Cruise at Port Everglades in mid December and need recommendations for reasonably priced transfer from Port Everglades to MIA International. Flight out of MIA is not until 8p. I have searched and can find every transfer combination imaginable except the one I need. Can anybody who has done this fairly recently offer any suggestions? I am a solo traveler. Thank you for any information you can share.

This is covered on the Florida Departures board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

with shuttle recommendations, Uber/Lyft suggestions, etc. But if the HAL transfer is $29, for a solo, that isn't a bad deal.

Definitely. I doubt you'll get any other option for less considering you are a solo traveller.

I'll start by suggesting you check with your airline. I think most places airlines only accept checked bags about 3 hours before a flight, but at least in my case (AA to Argentina) they started to accept bags by noon. If that's the case it will make things easier for you.

I've used 2 types of transfer from Port Everglades to MIA. The direct ($27) transfer will get you to the airport about 10AM. There also are likely a couple of options for a tour of Ft. Lauderdale ending with a transfer to MIA. I was very happy with those. The cost of that will be about $70 and you will get to the airport in the 2PM time frame, still a long time from your flight.

If your airline does not accept checked bags early, MIA also has a baggage storage room in terminal E (centrally located):

http://www.miami-airport.com/baggage_storage.asp

I hope some of those options will be helpful.

Roy

Thank you all for your kind and very helpful replies. Sorry that I did not pick up on the fact that there was a Florida board. I think the HAL transfer will work best and I will also look at some tour options since my flight is so late. I do not use Uber or Lyft when I travel alone. I live in Alaska and it is considerably less expensive to get home from MIA when using AS miles to fly.