Last minute bookings?

me-n-kev

Good evening,

Questions to the wisdom of this board: What are the odds of a last minute booking (for last full week of February) working out? Best bet thru PVP or TA? Air stinks right now, will cruise air be a better deal if last minute (thinking taking someone's cancellation)? How late is the latest you can book?

TIA,

Kevin

Good evening,

Questions to the wisdom of this board: What are the odds of a last minute booking (for last full week of February) working out? Best bet thru PVP or TA? Air stinks right now, will cruise air be a better deal if last minute (thinking taking someone's cancellation)? How late is the latest you can book?

TIA,

Kevin

Considering that most cruises sail full, and many sell out months ahead of time, I'd say slim to none. Pricing these days seems to go up as the cruise gets closer... you are looking at a time when many spring breaks will have begun, so that will affect you too... if possible, I'd book now, airfare and cruise prices will likely not get any better...

One thing, if you are wanting to book a cruise with cruise air don't wait. Most cruiselines have a certain cut off time after which they will no longer take bookings for cruise air. The date can vary depending on what airport you are looking at but you are getting pretty close to the cut off.

I guess it depends on the ship. I just cruised on the Victory from Dec. 18-25 and booked it only two week before sailing. The price was decent and we booked an OV guarantee and received an upgrade to a balcony on the lido deck. I booked my own air and the cruise through Carnival.

Depends how full that ship is, best is to call and talk to a PVP, Only they can tell ya, if they really need to fill up the ship, you should be getting a great deal just to get you onboard. Most retired folks out of Miami book within a weeks time of sailing and score on a great price.

Archived