St. Lucia: Top Attention, Tips, Ideas, etc.!!

TLCOhio

From the Travel Section of the London/UK Sunday Times this morning, they had this headline: St Lucia: the best beaches, hotels and restaurants with these highlights: The most steamily romantic island in the Caribbean comprises two distinct halves linked by winding roads and an unexpected passion for country music. The south — dominated by the twin peaks of Gros and Petit Piton — is all jungle-covered mountains, remote villages and infinite sea views. The north is flatter, more developed and less scenic, but has a buzzier scene and bigger, more accessible beaches. Honeymoon, babymoon or silvermoon, St Lucia is the island for you.

Sounds wonderful!! As detailed below from my live/blog in 2015, we did ten different Caribbean locations. But, unfortunately, we did not make it to St. Lucia. Hopefully, we will be able to visit in the future. Have heard great comments from friends on this island. Is it true? Does this article summarize St Lucia well and what other suggestions should be offered for must-sees here?

For beaches, they share: "Sitting bang between the Pitons, Jalousie — aka Sugar Beach — is as fake as an Instagram starlet, with pearly-white sand imported from Guyana. But it’s so beautiful that you must visit, either by water taxi from your hotel or by driving there and parking at the Sugar Beach resort. Too busy? Head to nearby Anse L’Ivrogne. The best-kept secret in St Lucia is a cove of grey sand at the very foot of Gros Piton that you’ll probably have to yourself. Getting there involves driving to La Pointe, then walking down a steep goat path through the rainforest to the beach."

Full story at:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/past-six-days/2018-09-09/travel/st-lucia-the-best-beaches-hotels-and-restaurants-wnxq6x9fb

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 59,361 views for these postings.

From this Sunday Times profile, below is a map of St Lucia, plus also a visual titled "beside the point: Petit Piton" and also of Pigeon Island that has two great beaches and fabulous snorkelling. These pictures look great and exciting! Right?:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-09%20at%208.40.51%20PM_zpsvf99nus2.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-09%20at%208.40.31%20PM_zpsxqdqg604.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-09%20at%208.41.23%20PM_zpssxddx0vy.png

Unfortunately , your article isn't accessible without starting a trial for the Times UK...

And, not sure what your question is? Fron what's able to be read, it's pretty accurate. The south is more scenic, mountainous, nature oriented, while the north is busier, rhe capital, more hotels and such. That info can be found on any travel forum, including this one.

Are you asking whether your friends were telling the truth about their great experiences here? Who knows, but I assume they were.

St Lucia is incredibly scenic and there's tons to do, see, experience, enjoy..

I'd suggest some research via various travel forums, travel books, etc to put together your trip...

As CruiseCritic is cruise based - are you visiting via a cruise? If so, lots of great posts and comments from folks who've done so before - read through their threads for ideas on what the various tours do, visit, cost, etc.

Happy sails..

I think the original poster was just sharing info about the island. I can't access the article either, maybe you could cut and paste the article if it gives ideas of places to go and see. THANKS

Appreciate these follow-ups. YES, was just sharing information about a beautiful location on our future "to-do" list. Not sure in the future if we would be able to do this location via a cruise or a direct, extended stay there. Both seem attractive and nice. The Times in London does have a pay-wall that can sometimes make access challenging. Will try to post more details from their article. Right now my main MacBook Pro laptop is in for some serious "service" from Apple. Will follow-up in a week or two after getting my "machine" back and hopefully working better.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 212,059 views for this posting.