Rumours again....

ohnonotmeagain

To be correct - ‘a passenger’ needs to find value in £40 pd not £80

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They will probably follow what RC and others have done to stop sharing the package and that is every adult in the cabin has to buy the drinks package not just 1.

To be correct - ‘a passenger’ needs to find value in £40 pd not £80

When quoting £80 a day I was referring only to myself and DH. Both of us have to buy the package. £1,120 is a chunk of money which we could put towards another cruise.

If it isn't value for you then don't buy it if it is then you will love it I am amazed people keep posting on here to tell us thet don't drink much and it wouldn't benefit them. Great, don't buy it then!

Cruse Critic is a board of opinion. Not everyone may be aware of the negative aspects of a program or offer. Thanks for your positive input on the offer in question

If it isn't value for you then don't buy it if it is then you will love it I am amazed people keep posting on here to tell us thet don't drink much and it wouldn't benefit them. Great, don't buy it then!

The major problem is the impact on the service those who do not take the package. If it is as bad as it has been ousted about on other lines then that will cause uproar. On these boards and on the ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The major problem is the impact on the service those who do not take the package. If it is as bad as it has been ousted about on other lines then that will cause uproar. On these boards and on the ships.

Given that the majority of posters seem not to drink very much I doubt that service in the bars would be much of an issue

We were on Ventura in August and waiter service was excellent.

The bar service on RC is poor and at a lot of bars you have to get your own drinks and queue at the bar while pool bar waiter service is almost non existent.

This is driven by the drinks packages.

We were on Ventura in August and waiter service was excellent.

The bar service on RC is poor and at a lot of bars you have to get your own drinks and queue at the bar while pool bar waiter service is almost non existent.

This is driven by the drinks packages.

Yes that’s the kind of comment that I was thinking about, although we have been on Crown Princess when others had drinks packages and because the price of those packages, seemed high, as it is going to be on P&O it didn’t seem to have a great effect. The problem may come if they are going to include drinks packages in an offer.

If the line introduces incentives like the drink package and staffed their bars to accommodate the increase in traffic that it surely brings, there would be little concern for those who purchase individual drinks. But it is obvious that it would be in the interest of the line to inhibit service whereby the sold package drinks are not served. The key to that is time and service or the lack thereof. Those of us who have witnessed it know the displeasure of not being able to get a drink on those occasions

If the line introduces incentives like the drink package and staffed their bars to accommodate the increase in traffic that it surely brings, there would be little concern for those who purchase individual drinks. But it is obvious that it would be in the interest of the line to inhibit service whereby the sold package drinks are not served. The key to that is time and service or the lack thereof. Those of us who have witnessed it know the displeasure of not being able to get a drink on those occasions

Your absolutely right cruise lines don’t make it easier for you to get drinks when you’ve paid ‘up front’ - that’s why ‘if you receive prompt service’ you can reward this with a small tip - hopefully this mutually beneficial incentive will ensure you receive prompt service thereafter - simple really!

Your absolutely right cruise lines don’t make it easier for you to get drinks when you’ve paid ‘up front’ - that’s why ‘if you receive prompt service’ you can reward this with a small tip - hopefully this mutually beneficial incentive will ensure you receive prompt service thereafter - simple really!

However also wrong. There is already a tip been paid on the drinks packages. Why therefore should you have to provide another tip just to get service? .

However also wrong. There is already a tip been paid on the drinks packages. Why therefore should you have to provide another tip just to get service? .

You don’t have to - it’s purely a matter of personal choice just like any other form of tipping!

Also you’re wrong about the service on drinks - From the P&O website:

‘P&O do not charge a service charge when purchasing drinks onboard.’

I sit corrected. I am used to RCI drinks where gratuity is automatically added but people still want to tip to get better service than others.

I sit corrected. I am used to RCI drinks where gratuity is automatically added but people still want to tip to get better service than others.

Tbh on RC I can sympathise with the tippers! On a sea day you couldn’t find a waiter to get a drink - hence the ‘incentive’ - if you’ve paid $50pppd (from memory) you want to be able to have a drink!

They tip extra in anticipation of better service.

Some claim that they get their drinks quicker at the bar because previously they have given big tips to the bar men and the barmen know them and their drinks so they are just serving them on sight.

The concensus is with these drinks packages people have already prepaid for their drinks so there is less wait staff to slow the service and volume of drinks served.

There are still some waiters in the Lounges but because they are free drinks and no tips they aren't motivated and unless you go to the bar yourself you literally have to go and get a waiter if you want one to get your drinks.

They tip extra in anticipation of better service.

Some claim that they get their drinks quicker at the bar because previously they have given big tips to the bar men and the barmen know them and their drinks so they are just serving them on sight.

The concensus is with these drinks packages people have already prepaid for their drinks so there is less wait staff to slow the service and volume of drinks served.

There are still some waiters in the Lounges but because they are free drinks and no tips they aren't motivated and unless you go to the bar yourself you literally have to go and get a waiter if you want one to get your drinks.

I do agree. Although I do think it can be ship specific. This year on the Navigator we found very few waiters in the lounges and so had to go to the bar to be served. Could be big queues at the bar. However at the poolside there were a lot of waiters around. Last year on Rhapsody it was the opposite. Next year is our first P&O so will see what happens. Mind you I'm on one of my lets lose weight and get healthy again phases so currently no alcohol!

I do agree. Although I do think it can be ship specific. This year on the Navigator we found very few waiters in the lounges and so had to go to the bar to be served. Could be big queues at the bar. However at the poolside there were a lot of waiters around. Last year on Rhapsody it was the opposite. Next year is our first P&O so will see what happens. Mind you I'm on one of my lets lose weight and get healthy again phases so currently no alcohol!
We go into the DL/CL for about 1.5 hours pre dinner so no problems getting drinks.

On our 5 night Independence cruise May 28 th 2018 they opened Olive&Twist lounge for DL overflow and cordoned it off for non Diamonds.

I always tip $1 per drink and we had 5 different servers very keen to get us drinksIMG_20180531_200500.thumb.jpg.f13c77563cb7c76ca9ee2eda5f5093e9.jpg

The thing about comparing the ships with drinks packages to Pando is that the majority of people on board will not be purchasing a drinks package..so will still be paying as you go for their drinks.

Do I agree with the bribery to get served qucker than fred bloggs sat next to me..if I felt that my service was truely that bad I would a complain onboard to customer services/reception..constantly..I would also complain when I get back. I would also make a note not to travel with them again..if the only way of getting served is to bribe the waiters to do their job.

Will pando roll the drinks package up into a select fare perk (lets say) . Not sure that would work very well. A lot of posters on here and FB have stated for medical reasons they cannot drink a lot if at all. Yo9u would then get the we are subsidizing the drinkers etc..as if it was included one would image the price per drink would go up to accdomodate.

The thing about comparing the ships with drinks packages to Pando is that the majority of people on board will not be purchasing a drinks package..so will still be paying as you go for their drinks.

Do I agree with the bribery to get served qucker than fred bloggs sat next to me..if I felt that my service was truely that bad I would a complain onboard to customer services/reception..constantly..I would also complain when I get back. I would also make a note not to travel with them again..if the only way of getting served is to bribe the waiters to do their job.

Will pando roll the drinks package up into a select fare perk (lets say) . Not sure that would work very well. A lot of posters on here and FB have stated for medical reasons they cannot drink a lot if at all. Yo9u would then get the we are subsidizing the drinkers etc..as if it was included one would image the price per drink would go up to accdomodate.

Why oh why isn't there a like button.

I wholly agree, particularly in regard to tips/bribes. Paying extra after as a thank you is a tip. Paying extra before in expectation of preferential treatment is a bribe.

Why oh why isn't there a like button.

I wholly agree, particularly in regard to tips/bribes. Paying extra after as a thank you is a tip. Paying extra before in expectation of preferential treatment is a bribe.

Just telling it as it is on American ships.

P&O do a great job and a lot of people probably don't realise how good P&O are.

If we didn't get our RC loyalty perks we would sail a lot more on P&O.

They do but it's built into the price of the drinks on the menu and you are not charged extra like on most cruise lines.