MY 1st ONE!!

cruz4us2

Hi..I'm new to this, we are going on our 1st curise May 20th to Alaska..can anyone give us some pointers on the transportation to and from the ship? Also, we don't know if we are in a good location/ were sailing on the Summuit/Sky Deck CC #9102 is that a good location? Thanks for any feedback!!!

Hi..I'm new to this, we are going on our 1st curise May 20th to Alaska..can anyone give us some pointers on the transportation to and from the ship? Also, we don't know if we are in a good location/ were sailing on the Summuit/Sky Deck CC #9102 is that a good location? Thanks for any feedback!!!

Craze2............without looking it up.........what port are you cruising out of.........I would assume it's Vancouver B.C. Let me know and I'll see if the same transportation is still running that was there last year.

Rick

Hey craze2 :D

I looked at your cruise and see that you are embarkng in Vancouver and ending up in Seward on the Northbound itinerary. Your starboard side cabin is located midship 2 cabins down from the Celebrity suites. You are not far from the mid ship elevators, which makes it convenient for going to the upper decks. There is an overhang above you that can block some of the view upward, but some folks like this because it can shelter you from inclement weather while you are on your balcony. Since this cabin is mid ship you will feel less motion of the ocean when you are in open waters outside of the Inside Passage. Your views will be of the land side of the Inside Passage which most folks prefer.

This picture is of Millennium, which is exactly like Summit in cabin arrangements. They are sister ships and Millennium was the first one built with Summit being the 3rd in a series of four. Here is a picture of the starboard side cabins looking up from the dock. Those center cabins that bow outward are the Celebrity Suites. Look left of these on the top row, just under the overhang. See the balcony rail that angles inward toward the Celebrity suite? Your cabin in the next one back (left of the angled balcony rail) If the picture doesn't show up for you, here is the link. Just click here--> Millennium-02-02-03 546 (Medium)

16770380-4a1a-02000180-.jpg

You don't say where you are traveling from, or if your air arrangements have already been made. With open jaw air tickets, sometimes the cruise line air package is the better deal. If you purchase the cruise line air all of your transfers to the ship in Vancouver and from the ship to the airport in Anchorage are included. Give us a little more detail about your travel plans so we can give you some options.

You will LOVE Alaska--we have cruised there 5 times--so far :D

To add to the above posters go to the Ports of Call Board and scroll to Alaska. There is a wealth of information there. Just go back to what I call the Table of Contents and scroll down. Have a great cruise.

marilyn

Hey Thanks to everyone that helped me w/our curise infor., especially Char the info and picture were awesome! We decided on 2 shore excursions; one the Mt.Roberts Tramway in Juneau the other the White Pass Scenic Railway...has anyone taken these?? If ya have let me know. Thanks...

Hey We decided on 2 shore excursions; one the Mt.Roberts Tramway in Juneau the other the White Pass Scenic Railway...has anyone taken these?? If ya have let me know. Thanks...

Did the White Pass Scenic Route in September 2002. I suggest canyon side seating on the way up. You switch sides at the top. We had canyon side on the return and the sun was in our eyes (and camera lens) coming down. Try not to get in the first couple of railcars behind the engines, too much fumes. Look here for more info: www.whitepassrailroad.com

The Mt Roberts Tramway lower end is right at the docks. Did not take it.

White Pass is a must do. I would suggest you go our to Mendenhall Glacier when in Juneau. You can get a Big Blue Bus just outside the dock area (can not miss it) and it is a 30 minute ride out to the glacier, five bucks a person each way.

You can walk all around at th glacier and be sure to go into the visitors center. We did not do the tram, could see it from our cabin and while I am sure it is a great view when clear (it was cloudy) I wouldn't miss Mendenhall. Oh if you do think you need to do the tram, wait until you get to Juneau to get the tickets, it really can be lousy weather up there.

Whatever you do, have a great time.

A cruise is a vacation an Alaskan cruise is an adventure.

2035303851_CelebrityInfinityCruiseToAlaska-100.jpg.43b805d7defa2e0a12a5cb168aaecf9c.jpg

Archived